Ive ran Deciest's ROM conversion script against the MoDaCo\JACSkiv port that Akirah did over in the Dream forum. Here
Its bloomin fast for me so I though you guys might like to try it. This is my first port so be gentle As usual Nandroid yourself up first
Info from MoDaCo Link
This ROM is based on a test version of the 'new update' (together with my own optimisations) for the best possible performance! As soon as the 'new update' goes 'SHIP' status, I will provide a new custom ROM.
- Rooted with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
- Quickoffice moved to data partition to allow easy uninstall
- Deleted 'Learn More' application
- Deleted Maps application - install from the Android Market to always stay up to date
- Added Jbed Java
- Added Business Card Scanner
- Added busybox 1.15 - tweaked such that 'get information' in Swapper now works as desired
- Added nano 2.09
- Added terminfo and settings to boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Added android-wifi-tether 1.52
- Added WMSM
- Added tun.ko file
- Added spare parts
- Added Custom Locale for setting non english Locales
- ROM now includes 'Plurk' client
- ROM now includes WAP browser
- ROM now includes touch focus in Camera app
- ROM now supports shortcuts using BetterCut (and therefore I assume anycut!) in Rosie
- Updated A2SD (ext3), now runs on initial boot
- Used APN config file with additional APNs
- Preinstalled files required for Debian linux [edit: this seems to be broken for some reason, investigating!]
ENSURE YOU DO A NANDROID BACKUP SO YOU CAN 'ROLL BACK' IF REQUIRED!
A 'wipe' is MANDATORY when installing this ROM, and you MUST do this BEFORE applying the update zip (as the update zip puts files on the data partition)! I also recommend you install the latest radio from my 'update zips' topic if you have not done so.
Please note that first boot may take a little while, especially if you have a lot of apps on your A2SD partition. Be patient! If you want a real clean start or you have issues with your existing A2SD installed apps when you boot, you need to wipe your EXT3 partition on SD too by executing 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app', 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app-private' and 'adb shell reboot' wink.gif
The ROM is in an update.zip format for installation via the custom recovery image, I also recommend installing the latest radio. As always, do a Nandroid backup before you do anything... just in case! wink.gif
For the complete newbies, these are the steps you need to take with a 'virgin' Hero:
- Download the patched recovery image linked above and install as detailed in that post
- Download this custom ROM, and copy it to your SD card
- Enter the recovery image (if you're not in it already) by powering on while pressing 'home'
- Select 'nandroid backup' from the menu to do a backup
- If you copied the custom rom as update.zip, select 'apply sdcard:update.zip', else select the option below.
- all done
Many thank to:
+ all the rest of developers involved in any modification of any Android ROM
Link to version 1.5 http://rapidshare.com/files/27514976...o-sapphire.zip
- stripped down
- first boot 10 minutes :P (due to removed odexes)
- broken boot logo... black screen during boot is normal...
- If you want the version without java\flash let me know.
Link to version 1.51 http://rapidshare.com/files/27544626...h-sapphire.zip
Sendspace mirror: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xxzuwu