FORUMS

[APP] TomTom Navigator 7.916.9189.1 [QVGA/VGA/WVGA]

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Quentin-, Senior Member on 4th September 2009, 11:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
TomTom has been posted on the forums for years now. This is the latest version (specifically the VGA/WVGA version) that works with the Touch Pro 2. I have custom packaged it so that it will not mess up an existing Bluetooth stack, as well as removing the Today plugin (which I personally think is garbage).

If this package somehow violated the TOS of this site (I can't imagine how, a quick search produces multiple links on these forums), then I apologize. TomTom doesn't seem to make available/support the software for Windows Mobile PDAs on their Website (iPhone is there though, how odd). Their policy has always seemed to be the sale of maps, so I'm releasing these packages with that in mind.

Note: DO NOT ask me for maps. Do not ask any question about where to get them. Purchase v8 maps from TomTom. If you use software, support the developer (so they can keep their job and make better/new software) by actually PAYING for it. I know, its a novel concept.

Change Log
  • 2009.09.24 All versions *.1
  • Updated Q-Mobile (Code) certificates to last until 2035.01.31.
    Yes, I'm an idiot and the Q-Mobile certificates I created originally lasted 30 days. They won't expire again I promise
  • Updated CAB file installation to allow for Storage Card installation.

Enjoy!
5th September 2009, 09:47 PM |#2  
Flag spalding

More
Red face great
great thanks been looking for a version that works on tp2 for ages now does this work with tomtom home?
5th September 2009, 10:13 PM |#3  

More
just curious went to the tomtom site to purchase the maps for this app. options it gives me is for maps for touch pro but not touch pro 2 does it matter would it have mattered if i p icked anyone arnt the maps all the same?
6th September 2009, 12:21 AM |#4  
Flag St. Albert
Thanks Meter: 134

More
No, the phone you have doesn't matter. You just have to make sure the maps you are using will work with the version of Navigator you are using.
6th September 2009, 01:43 AM |#5  

More
so im guessing based on that version 7.9 the version 8 mapps will work. However on the site i go to maps for HTC touch pro and under US it only gives me brazil or mexico I cant seem to purchase v8 maps for US. It couldnt be that difficult could it? Also i installed the app from the post but at the end it tellsme the voice options are not avail- was that stripped from this version? So if i can get my hands on the maps will the voice options all return? by voice I mean the person giiving the directions you can pick from anyone and all say no avail to me
6th September 2009, 05:03 PM |#6  

More
Thanks for posting that. I'm another who's been looking for a while to get this to work on my TP2. Tomtom say it won't work & is not compatible with the TP2 but I've just downloaded the one free area map they allow and it works well. All my customers over the next few days are within this map area so I'll be testing it heavily. If it passes that test, I'll pay for the European map from TomTom.

Thanks again.
7th September 2009, 07:21 AM |#7  

More
curious do you need a data plan to use the gps function tomtom? I mean if i bought a tomtom i dont need a data plan so it seems it wouldnt need one on the phone either right since the gps is built in and you just need to capture the satellite signal?
7th September 2009, 10:25 AM |#8  
Flag Epe, Germany

More
thanks a lot!
7th September 2009, 11:16 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indnracn2

curious do you need a data plan to use the gps function tomtom? I mean if i bought a tomtom i dont need a data plan so it seems it wouldnt need one on the phone either right since the gps is built in and you just need to capture the satellite signal?

For the moment you can receive GPS signals for free
7th September 2009, 01:19 PM |#10  
Melbourne

More
The rapidshare link has exceeded the limit.
7th September 2009, 03:11 PM |#11  
Flag Leicestershire
Thanks Meter: 5

More
OK, I have bought TT7 on microSD - prefviously used on my Kaiser.
I have been trying to install on the TP2, but until now it always gave the 'This product is not compatible with your device' message.
I have copied the contents of the TT7 disc onto my 16gb MicroSD, then installed this cab over the top successfully.

I can now get into the application, but it will not accept the activation code - either that code that came with the TT7 disk, or the code from the maps I previously bought for TT6 (which I migrated to TT7 on the kaiser).

Any ideas? Has anyone successfully used their TP2 with TomTom Home to activate maps etc.?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)