FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Scheduled Scripting App - Scheduled Reboots, etc... Phone Prioritizer App

334 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By jinx10000, Senior Member on 11th September 2009, 05:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the phone prioritizer app for the people that are looking for it.

As title states this allows you to schedule scripts to run at specific times and time intervals.

Place scripts you want to run into the following files in the folder /sdcard/phonePrioritizer:
reboot.txt - Runs one time nightly at scheduled time (placing reboot in this file will reboot your phone on cupcake but not on hero)
script.txt - Runs at scheduled intervals (5 minutes to 24 hours)
afterboot.txt - Runs one time after each reboot

Open the phonePrioritizer app and set options by pressing menu. (Buttons on main page of app only control the script.txt script, rest of the scripts are controlled in preferences.)

!Don't put the word reboot into script.txt or afterboot.txt for obvious reasons!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ScriptScheduler2r2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (14.3 KB, 3108 views)
File Type: zip ScriptScheduler2r2 Source.zip - [Click for QR Code] (66.4 KB, 960 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jinx10000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jinx10000 Ad-Free

11th September 2009, 05:18 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great job. I'll play with this when I have more time.
11th September 2009, 05:26 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Mike, Thanks for the script.

Hope I didn't spoil your surprise on your awesome script. I figured I would still release this in case someone has a need for it.

It is working well for me so far.
11th September 2009, 06:35 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx10000

Mike, Thanks for the script.

Hope I didn't spoil your surprise on your awesome script. I figured I would still release this in case someone has a need for it.

It is working well for me so far.

I think we both got spoiled by that damn BFS working. It makes my stuff useless if the ROM has it. There are a few ROMs that don't have it yet so it has a little life left in it.
11th September 2009, 06:40 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
LOL. I hadn't heard that. That is too bad.

I had heard that your scripts were working great in xrom and Jacxheroski 1.8. I thought both of those had your script and bfs in them. Of course I haven't looked much today since I have been working on this program.

I guess people can still use my program that want an automated reboot.
11th September 2009, 08:36 AM |#6  

More
Before, it would take at least 3 rings on the caller before I see a notification and my phone rings. When i installed this, my screen showed an incoming call on the first ring on the caller. My phone started ringing on the second ring on the caller though. I'm wondering what adjustment I should make to make my phone ring as soon as I see a notification? I used the default script.txt. thanks
11th September 2009, 08:51 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx92001

Before, it would take at least 3 rings on the caller before I see a notification and my phone rings. When i installed this, my screen showed an incoming call on the first ring on the caller. My phone started ringing on the second ring on the caller though. I'm wondering what adjustment I should make to make my phone ring as soon as I see a notification? I used the default script.txt. thanks

Turn off your vibrate on ring. That delays the ringtone. Also the second call usually comes in faster.
11th September 2009, 05:57 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketaylor00

Turn off your vibrate on ring. That delays the ringtone. Also the second call usually comes in faster.

Cool that helped. Thanks to your awesome script miketaylor00 and your scheduler jinx10000.
11th September 2009, 07:08 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Updated.

1.7 had a problem where unchecking the Enable Scheduled Reboot would disable the wrong script.

Sorry for those that downloaded it. It is fixed in the newest version.
12th September 2009, 07:38 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
I believe this is the final update. Got it the way I like it.

Cleaned up the code a little.
Now runs completely in the background. No toast when script runs.
13th September 2009, 12:04 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
I really think this is the final version. lol

I had left some unnecessary timers in 2.0. --- Run script wait a few seconds then kill service. Was not sure if this was necessary when I first started making this program. I doubt for those with earlier versions that it will make any difference. --- Doesn't seem necessary so removed. I thought I had removed them in 2.0.

I have a question for Java/android programmers. The code that I found to call the services is :

mAlarmSender = PendingIntent.getService(AlarmService.this, 1394, new Intent(AlarmService.this, AlarmService_Service.class), 0);

timeSet = calendar.getTimeInMillis();

AlarmManager am = (AlarmManager)getSystemService(ALARM_SERVICE);

am.setRepeating(AlarmManager.RTC_WAKEUP, timeSet, whateverTime, mAlarmSender);

In order to setup multiple schedules I have created multiple services and called them in mAlarmSender variable. For ex, AlarmService_Service, AlarmReboot_Service, etc... However, these do almost the same thing. How can I combine them into the same service and distinguish the exact purpose for which it is being called?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)