All source code is available at github.
This recovery if for the HTC Hero only, so NOT the Sprint Hero!!!, if you have an :
- HTC Dream/G1 you should go here.
- HTC Magic/MT3G you should go here.
- HTC Sprint Hero you should go here.
- HTC Eris you should go here.
- HTC Tattoo you should go here.
- HTC Nexus One you should go here.
- HTC Evo 4G you should go here.
- Make sure your battery is at least 30% before using nandroid!!
- Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
You can do this by doing :
- "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
- Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.
Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items.
You can also use the volume keys (vol-up + vol-down) to navigate, and the CALL-ANSWER key to select items (in case your trackball is broken).
- full ADB access in recovery mode
- Busybox v1.15.3
- HW-Key navigation (volume keys + CALL-ANSWER) option
- Extended menu (with keyboard-shortcuts):
- Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
- USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
- Backup/Restore (recovery partition not included!)
- Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup
- Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
- Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
- BART backup :: Make a BART backup (Nand + ext)
- BART restore :: Restore latest BART backup
- Bck Google files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
- Rst Google files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
- Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from your sdcard
- Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache
- Wipe cache :: Wipe /cache only
- Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe /cache/dalvik-cache
- Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard
- Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data
- Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data
- Partition sdcard
- Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
- Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
- SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
- SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
- Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
- Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
- Power off :: Powers off your phone
- Scripts available via adb :
There are several ways to install a custom recovery, choose the one that suits you most (I probably forgot a few).
via adb -> Requires a custom recovery (with test-keys) like Cyanogen's v1.4 or my previous recovery
Copy recovery-RA-hero-v22.214.171.124.img to the root of your sdcard Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME) Connect your Hero via usb to your pc/mac/... adb shell $su (not required if you have root already) #mount -a #flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v126.96.36.199.img
adb shell reboot bootloader fastboot boot recovery-RA-hero-v188.8.131.52.img adb shell mount /sdcard adb push recovery-RA-hero-v184.108.40.206.img /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v220.127.116.11.img adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v18.104.22.168.img adb shell reboot
- ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.
Only flash recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img if you have a 32A Sapphire with 6.35.x.x radio and 1.76.x SPL, recovery-RA-hero-v22.214.171.124.img will NOT boot! I'll create a new Sapphire version soon.
- recovery-RA-hero-v126.96.36.199.img - MD5Sum: 2c399ba2d780742c1eb8bb2710a31684
- Fixed some minor bugs - Recovery and scripts use /sd-ext instead of /system/sd as mountpoint to support the new apps2sd method (implemented mostly by Chris Soyars) - Added an option to backup/restore Google proprietary Android system files (backuptool.sh written by Cyanogen) - Removed "move apps2sd"-option as it's not needed anymore with the new apps2sd method - Updated BART to v1.3.1 (updated by Dumfuq to support /sd-ext) - Added a wipe cache only option - Nandroid now backups/restores /cache again by default - Dalvik-cache wipes /cache/dalvik-cache now - Removed SDCARD: prefix in output when chosing zip to flash - Updated kernel to fully support ext4
- Added power off menu item - New unyaffs binary patched by Koushik Dutta and Packetlss to fix the "losing root"-issue and incorrect file-time after a Nandroid restore - New dump_image binary (by Brainaid) patched by Packetlss to fix the "bad blocks"- Nandroid restore issue. (This will not fix old corrupted Nandroid backups! Please make new backups!!) - New mkyaffs2image binary - New flash_image binary - Updated busybox to v1.5.3 - Nandroid menu options will NOT backup or restore recovery, cache, misc, splash1+2 (to avoid issues) - Fixed wipe option not wiping when ext was not present - Created carebear versions after the idea of packetlss - Switched the Nexus logo to a Green Carebear with Nexus One logo (Thanks Montalbert!)
- packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
- Koushik Dutta for the unyaffs binary code fix and help ^^
- pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid
- Bkmo for his utility script!
- Devsk for his switchrom script!
- 51dusty for his sdparted script!
- k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
- Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART
- Androidappcritics for the reboot idea in BART
- rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
- MLIGN for the idea to port my recovery to the Dream.
- http://theunlockr.com for all the awesome video’s ^^
- JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate