Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I download songs to my phone?
A. No. This is not something Grooveshark allows you to do, and it won't be something Groovefish will allow you to do. It would constitute piracy after all.
Q. How can I help?
A. At the moment, I want a good solid base on which to build up the rest of the features. If you encounter a problem whilst using Groovefish, please post the details - including how to reproduce it if possible - in this topic. If the problem is non-fatal (i.e. the application doesn't crash) then please check the Debug Log (Options > View Debug Log) and post any relevant information from there.
You can also help by using the Grooveshark service. I'm not sure how they will react to this app, but I'd like to think they can coexist symbiotically since I'm promoting their service. You can support the host of the download by visiting the 1800PocketPC.com
website who are kindly hosting and promoting the app for me.
Finally, of course you can DONATE
to help encourage further development, more features, etc.
0.3.2: QVGA compatibility, more bug fixes, code overhaul
0.3.1: Bug fixes, extra debugging
- Big rewrite of some of the code - should fix some problems, may cause others!
- Sporadic crash on exit should now be fixed.
- Searches can now be cancelled.
- Fixes a crash that sometimes occurred when scrolling the search results.
- ... QVGA compatibility!
0.3: Total overhaul!
- Music player should be less buggy now.
- Crash on exit should be fixed.
- Music player now give more information when connecting to a stream.
- More debugging information (will help the developer in debugging).
- Two options added; Pause on headset disconnect and Pause on incoming call.
0.2: Major Bug Fix
- Completely rewritten code base for greater stability.
- Huge improvements to the user interface, allowing search, browsing, and playing on one screen.
- Search results now display the song and artist name.
- Media player now allows for playing, pausing, and seeking the music stream.
- Screen will no longer turn off while the application is running, ensuring the music won't stop playing.
0.1: First Release!
- Removes a crash that happened when the song had no artwork.
- Initial proof-of-concept release.
- Program can crash if a problem occurs when downloading song artwork (rare) or the actual song itself (more common).
- Sometimes crashes when clicking 'Back' on the player page.
- Poor user interface!
This application is now exclusively hosted on 1800PocketPC.com
. Downloading requires no registration. Please do not
upload this file elsewhere.
Download Groovefish v0.3.2
- If you visit the site on a mobile device just click on the Download .CAB image to download the latest verion to your device.
- If you visit the site on a desktop browser and to download the CAB to your phone, just click on the CAB to Phone Image and Scan the tag using Microsoft Tag Reader, and the CAB is sent to your Device.