FORUMS

 View Poll Results: Which one do you like better?

The BodyGuarz
 
8 Vote(s)
32.00%
The Invisible Shield
 
7 Vote(s)
28.00%
Any others like the Boxwave, from eBay....etc.
 
4 Vote(s)
16.00%
Nah, I better use soft gel/silicon case or the hard case like the Bodyglove instead.
 
6 Vote(s)
24.00%

[The Bodyguardz] Tips & Techniqus !!! Pls. feel free to share your experience here: )

263 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By what150, Senior Member on 18th September 2009, 01:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

I presented you a little tips & techniques on how to install the Bodyguardz. : )

Any body here using the Bodyguardz? Mostly I saw you guys talking bout the

Invisible shield. I know some of you are using the Bodyguardz right?

I got it a couple of days ago and installed it, now it's all dry up and

ready to use! I'll show you guys some pics of the result.







Overall, the installation processes took me about 5 hrs (a bit slow right?

I just did it step by step slow and clam LoL~) I want to share you guys

some tips here. (If you guys considering to apply the Bodyguardz I suggest

you to carefully read the whole manual inside the box first. )

The following tips is not included in the manual. I hope you guys find

it useful in some ways. : )


- I did this in my kitchen just beside the stove's top (weird right? Some

people did this in a bathroom) and then I boiled the water with a large size pan

on a high temperature. The reason of all these is to generate a steam!

In order to limited the movement of all the dusts! so that when we're installing

the Bodyguardz the steam can help reduced the chance of any dusts appeared

under the Bodyguardz and the screen. (BUT shame on me, finally I got

1-2 very tiny eyebrows on the screen... Anyway, luckily that it's not on

the center of the screen! LoL~) One more thing, I also took the battery

out before I applied the Bodyguardz.


- After I applied the front part, I left it dry for about an hour. Then the back

part with a little use of palm technique on each of the corners. (I guess you

guys already know the palm technique right?) The back part is a bit

tricky though.





Now, the rear part. Overall the T-mobile TP2 has 9 pieces

of the rear part. Those rear pieces that stick to the upper part of the phone

(the screen half) is pretty easy. But those rear pieces that stick to the

lower part of the phone (the key board half) required huge!

amount of patience because of those little slope that lean toward the back cover.

(so be cool guys )






So now you got all pieces of the Bodyguardz on your phone right?

Then I left lied down for 30 mins, then I used the palm technique

for the next 45 mins. (all over)

Then here comes the trick! I suggest you guys to use the 'Cling Wrap'

(like the one wrapping your sandwiches LoL~) to wrap the whole phone.

Tightly wrap the phone by focused on those corners and edges.

Moreover, I used the clear sticky tape to taped those corners and edges

again to forced those corners, edges and rear pieces down. (use the tape on the Cling Wrap not on the Bodyguardz)

All these is to keep those corners and edges stick to the phone.

Then I left it over night. Now your phone will look like a Mummy!!!

By the end of the next day I cut big hole on the front plastic wrap

to let it breath a bit.



By the next morning I took the whole wrap things out.

And everything is perfect! From now on, no scratches on my phone!

Finally, I can stop worry about the scratches issue.

Feel free to use the above techniques. (BUT IF ANY DAMAGE OCCURRED

TO YOUR PHONE, I'LL NOT TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY.)

If you guys already know about those tricks I must apologize for

posting something that you guys already know.

If any of you have any further tips and techniques then you are more than

welcome to share them here.

Cheers!
19th September 2009, 01:57 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Looks good, I have a set coming in for my TP2 and Zune HD. Your tips should come in handy. Thanks
19th September 2009, 04:20 AM |#3  
mmafighter077's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
I have it on my phone now. i wouldn't have any other screen cover on my phone. its not the easiest to install but its worth the stress. let me tell you a blower dryer makes it 10 times easier.


thing that piss me off was i got to pieces of lint stuck under the protector and i didnt notice it until it was completely dry.

i would reccomend this 100 percent. the customer service is also excellent. i had a bodyguardz on my g1 and couldnt be more happy. you also get life time replacements.
19th September 2009, 10:14 AM |#4  
what150's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Customer service
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmafighter077

I have it on my phone now. i wouldn't have any other screen cover on my phone. its not the easiest to install but its worth the stress. let me tell you a blower dryer makes it 10 times easier.


thing that piss me off was i got to pieces of lint stuck under the protector and i didnt notice it until it was completely dry.

i would reccomend this 100 percent. the customer service is also excellent. i had a bodyguardz on my g1 and couldnt be more happy. you also get life time replacements.

I'm totally agree with you about their customer service.

They're very nice.
20th September 2009, 06:42 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
be sure to check there twitter page before you order they have promo codes posted there sometimes. im bout to use my second set already corners came lose already for me.
20th September 2009, 02:26 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Looks great on your Tmobile, but if you have a VERIZON TP2, you DO NOT want a Bodyguardz. The one they sent me has a front facing camera cutout for the screen protector. It's going back on Monday.

I'm going to order the Ghost Armor protector, which was specifically made for Verizon.
20th September 2009, 07:36 PM |#7  
Timb320's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I Just put this one last night on my TMO Tp2 - its by far better then the zagg/bestskings , No finger drag.. Also the wrap method is a great idea, helps get rid of moisture and made the install near perfect (not completly because I just wasn't steady enough to get it perfectly aligned) but good enought.
20th September 2009, 08:51 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by what150

Then the back

part with a little use of palm technique on each of the corners. (I guess you

guys already know the palm technique right?)

Ok, I'll admit it ... I don't know the palm technique. What is it?

I just ordered the Ghost Armor and will try it when it come in.
21st September 2009, 01:22 AM |#9  
what150's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
PALM technique
Quote:
Originally Posted by asunners

Ok, I'll admit it ... I don't know the palm technique. What is it?

I just ordered the Ghost Armor and will try it when it come in.


Hey there!

The palm technique is how you pressed those edges and corners (or any other

parts) against your palm firmly about like 1 min I supposed... or longer if you

if you want, let the heat from your palm send through to the Bodyguardz

in order to forced those edges and corners down.

Cheers
21st September 2009, 01:24 AM |#10  
what150's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timb320

I Just put this one last night on my TMO Tp2 - its by far better then the zagg/bestskings , No finger drag.. Also the wrap method is a great idea, helps get rid of moisture and made the install near perfect (not completly because I just wasn't steady enough to get it perfectly aligned) but good enought.


Glad you found it useful!
21st September 2009, 02:39 PM |#11  
mmafighter077's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan

Looks great on your Tmobile, but if you have a VERIZON TP2, you DO NOT want a Bodyguardz. The one they sent me has a front facing camera cutout for the screen protector. It's going back on Monday.

I'm going to order the Ghost Armor protector, which was specifically made for Verizon.

dude you probably ordered the wrong one. if the one you ordered didnt specifically say for verizon then you got the wrong one. they have great customer service, id reccomend calling them and asking for a verizon version instead. not zure if they have a verizon one out yet though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes