FORUMS

Increase your internet speed Tip TOuch PRo Tested

355 posts
Thanks Meter: 125

Post Reply Email Thread
Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings

On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:

Value name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Value data: 32
Base: Decimal

Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Value data: 16
Base: Decimal

Exit Registry Editor.

then softreset and do a speed test

Now this tweak will only extend your phones bandwidth enabling you to download more data at the same time (like images and the sorts) giving your phone the feel of it downloading faster. so the main focus is, i increased your bandwidth now social sites and this site will fly i garantee it!!!!

sorry been gone awhile working on other projects, and this was a tweak for a friend i put together from some other sources, but made sure its win mobile specfic. By the way do this as well on your home computer even on dail up and you will be amazed!

First image is a 512 Test

Second Image is 1 MB Test
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen016[1].jpg
Views:	4039
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	230569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen017[1].jpg
Views:	3285
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	230570  
23rd September 2009, 04:03 AM |#2  
Flag Land of Oz
Thanks Meter: 1,099

More
thanks alot giving it a shot now!
23rd September 2009, 07:06 PM |#3  
Flag Ponce
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thumbs up
I did a DSL Reports test and got 60 Kb/s at home (EDGE). After adding the new DWORD value it was 174 kb/s! Coincidence? Fluke? Will keep monitoring for sure, but seems to be working. Maybe they should add this to the Tweaks sticky. Thanks!
23rd September 2009, 09:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Okay, I tested it.

First, I tested the speed using IE at 1MB. After three tests, it came to: 946Kbps, 832Kbps, and 953Kbps. This is an average of 910Kbps.

Afterwards, I made the necessary registry edits, and soft reset. After giving WinMo time to load, I went back to the website to do the same test, these were the results: 1375Kbps, 1180Kbps, and 1046Kbps. This is an average of 1200Kbps.

There is very good increase in speed, but it doesn't appear to be stable. I perform a few tests later and it seems to went down to the area of around 800-900Kbps. I will continue to perform tests to see if the speed is truly increased.

For now, though, thank you for the great topic!
23rd September 2009, 09:25 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8525Smart

Okay, I tested it.

First, I tested the speed using IE at 1MB. After three tests, it came to: 946Kbps, 832Kbps, and 953Kbps. This is an average of 910Kbps.

Afterwards, I made the necessary registry edits, and soft reset. After giving WinMo time to load, I went back to the website to do the same test, these were the results: 1375Kbps, 1180Kbps, and 1046Kbps. This is an average of 1200Kbps.

There is very good increase in speed, but it doesn't appear to be stable. I perform a few tests later and it seems to went down to the area of around 800-900Kbps. I will continue to perform tests to see if the speed is truly increased.

For now, though, thank you for the great topic!

let me clarify things. If you did a speed test with this tweak and your speed say is 1200,

then an hour later its average is 900, its your network. its simply overlaoded.=

( alot of people are using the data service at the same time you are killing bandwidth)

now say with out the tweak your average is 900, when your network becomes overloaded it will be some where at 500 or lower.

conculsion: it still increases speed on peak hours and off peak hours. dont believe test it
23rd September 2009, 09:49 PM |#6  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 460

Donate to Me
More
Do you think that this will work for Internet Sharing?
23rd September 2009, 10:37 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmasfamily

now say with out the tweak your average is 900, when your network becomes overloaded it will be some where at 500 or lower.

conculsion: it still increases speed on peak hours and off peak hours. dont believe test it

Possibly, but it seems difficult to believe since the speed decrease came as a result of more tests performed no more than a few minutes after the initial '1200kbps' test.

Unfortunately, constantly inputting and removing a registry edit on the phone is rather a hassle, so I simply performed more tests with the tweak. The original '1200Kbps' test result still has not appeared again, but I do plan to continue testing this, including in the middle of the night when peak hours are less likely.
23rd September 2009, 10:50 PM |#8  
Flag Waldo
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
I did this on my Fuze and it went from an average of 100kbps to an average of 40kbps. Did 4 tests each way and that's the result I had.

On AT&T, using EDGE.
24th September 2009, 02:27 AM |#9  
Flag Lewisville
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Tests
So I did the hack and here are my findings. I used two different browsers, Skyfire and Opera all on a 3G connection on 1M download. There was a slight increase in speed but nothing huge. Here are the graphs that I made for some visual.

My suggestion if you want a fast connection... Just use Skyfire!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Test-Without-Hack.gif
Views:	613
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	230935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Test-With-Hack.gif
Views:	570
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	230936  
24th September 2009, 04:22 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman1487

So I did the hack and here are my findings. I used two different browsers, Skyfire and Opera all on a 3G connection on 1M download. There was a slight increase in speed but nothing huge. Here are the graphs that I made for some visual.

My suggestion if you want a fast connection... Just use Skyfire!

an increase is positive, no matter how much
24th September 2009, 06:09 PM |#11  
Flag St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks Meter: 16

More
My internet connection has always been quicker than any of my friends connections, even my fiance on the same plan, same network, same phone. I am on alltel, verizon now, and am in disbelief. I was not looking to speed my internet up but I saw the tread and like it was said, any more speed is better. I have never tested my speed because I didn't care but I tested today just to get a before and after for the tweak. I am not fooled by the results but am wondering why I am getting inaccurate results. In opera the speed read 10008, in IE it read 8236, in skyfire it read 8008 and higher. I tried each numerous times, and soft reset and could not get the value under 8008. And no I'm not using wifi, not even on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)