Android streaming to airport express

Search This thread

despisedIcon

Jul 24, 2009
London
Anyone aware of an android app which can stream music to an airport express?

I've done a search and found this project which is exactly what I'm looking for. However the project appears to be idle, or in the early stages.

Know of anything similar?

MattySauce

Jul 8, 2010
Dallas
I am also looking for this. There is a program called Airfoil which enables you to stream any audio from a computer through airport express. I was hoping someone had adapted it for android. Haven't found anything yet =(

BTW I'm using EVO 4G on froyo

Exoten

Dec 11, 2010
I would pay for this too and so many people dream about such an app, I don't understand why it does not already exist. I use my airport express with airtunes every day. It's so convenient.

dsk00185

Jan 6, 2009
New York
Bill171 thanks for the try but that application only allows you to control itunes on a pc. I am actually trying to learn android programming just to try and get this. If anyone has a idea where to start or some source code from the pc software it would probably help.

secretspy711

Feb 5, 2011
recently found something called Twonky Server which is able to stream to devices that are UPnP or DLNA enabled, such as an xbox. Still trying to figure it out, but so far, performance is intermittent and it appears to be pulling music from the phone rather than the phone pushing music to the xbox (ie your phone becomes a server only, not a remote+server). If anyone tries this and finds another way to use it please let me know.

timbck2

Jun 17, 2010
Santa Fe, NM
any success on getting an android app to enable remote control to an airport express?

There are currently two Android apps able to do that, both available in the Android Market. TunesRemote is free, Remote for iTunes is US$4.99. While free, TunesRemote seems a little flaky to me, while Remote for iTunes is a little more reliable.

Nov 17, 2008
well, these two apps are cool, but not yet what (i think) we're looking for here. Remote for iTunes lets U remote control the iTunes app on your desktop, while TunesRemote lets you remote control an iPad or iPod ...
What we want is an android app sending music to an airport with no iProduct at all, no iTunes, no iPad, no iPod ... exactly as Airfoil does on a PC.
My interest in such a product is to listen to Deezer (or youtube, or any app with sound, why not a movie ?) on my android phone, and send the music to my stereo via wi-fi.

ghostmac

May 7, 2011
Chicago
I'm also looking for this functionality.
I would definitely pay for an app that allowed me to play my subsonic from my phone/tablet to my airport. :)

dsk00185

Jan 6, 2009
New York
Finally

Hey guys theres finally a software that will do it. It will even do pictures and video if its to a 2nd gen apple tv.
Its called Twonky, and its free in the market.

fritzr

May 9, 2011
hi folks, there is a app called Honey Player, which will be launched today. this app is able to stream music directly to any Apple AirPort Express or AppleTV.

honey-player.com

kim2404

May 10, 2011
Android to airport express

Hey,

there is an app available since yesterday called Honey Player, which exactly supports these services. You may try it out! Finally, someone serves our need :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello from the future, I have come across a new android app that may be the answer to this 4 year old question.
    AirAudio - AirPlay for Android
    I haven't had a chance to test it and it is a trial with an in-app unlock, but if it works as advertised I think it would be well worth it.
    The ability to stream all phone audio, using whatever app is desired, to one or multiple airplay devices.
    Make sure to back up your phone before installing and read the whole description as it says it may prevent phone from booting on unsupported devices.
    Root required for a high quality streams.