FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Top Tech YouTubers Review the OnePlus 6!

[APP] Q-Mobile Midomi 1.6.57 (BEATS Shazam MusicID)

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Quentin-, Senior Member on 25th September 2009, 07:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, this is the famous Samsung Midomi music identification application for the Windows Mobile devices! You're probably wondering why I've re?!? posted this. Then again, those of you who know me know I don't just repackage and repost things. And you're right, I didn't.

I loved the one I found posted by Ikkari but it had two problems. The first was the fact that the default internet connection was via WAP, for which Ikkari posted a registry solution to and shiranmotha repackaged and posted. So credit to both of these people for providing the packages they did.

Unfortunately that left one annoying (and ultimately grating) issue for someone like myself. The menu didn't work. In fact if you accidentally clicked it, the whole program froze. Well, not anymore. As a sidenote, I also made this install under program files (either on the device or the storage card as you so choose) because I personally don't think something like this belongs in the \Windows directory And even though the menu is fully functional and you can choose ANY connection you desire I did default it to use the device's Internet (GSM/CDMA) connection.

Enjoy!

Don't forget, if you enjoy my work, please !

P.S. Please be aware that at the time of this posting this has only been tested on an HTC Rhodium based device (WVGA). It likely works on many others, if you find it works on yours please be kind enough to mention it so others will know.

P.P.S. Please feel free to propagate this file to other free download sites and post the URL in this thread. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Midomi01.jpg
Views:	10548
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	231318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Midomi02.jpg
Views:	3234
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	231319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Midomi03.jpg
Views:	2719
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	231320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Midomi04.jpg
Views:	4659
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	231321  

25th September 2009, 07:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
does it works using a Wifi connection?
And on a VGA screen?

EDIT:
Tested!!
It works perfect!
25th September 2009, 09:00 AM |#3  
Flag Perth - WA

More
Quentin

You are a legend, looking forward to checking out the menu of this. I though the development of this was forgotten once it was made to work.

The app itself is golden on a TP2, i tested a previous version with a success rate of 10 out of 11 (not bad!).

I have tried it in several stores to id a song playing and it worked every time - awesome and real handy...!

Be mindfull of the additional lyric look-up as this can kick your data use in the pants real fast. I ran a test on lyrics for a Bowie song and checked my provider's stats, i was surprised to see a use of over 3mb....

But for pure song ID it is a star!

Now all we need ported is Samsungs 3d audio processor app, this is apparently better than SRS WOW HD (which is great, but sadly does not work on a TP2 - makes your phone go into fatal standby....)

Cheers
Jabberoo
25th September 2009, 12:28 PM |#4  
Flag everett
Thanks Meter: 3,132

More
Thank you
using diamond (CDMA) on sprint. So far so good. Thanks much. (that non-functional menu button drove me nuts to no end). thank you
25th September 2009, 01:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Great!! Downloading now to test ASAP!!!
25th September 2009, 03:20 PM |#6  
Flag Denver

More
Works great so far... Thanks & Great job!
25th September 2009, 03:48 PM |#7  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 2

More
After trying Midomi and comparing it with MusicID, Midomi definitely feels more accurate and faster. I haven't tried the sing search feature yet, but it looks very nifty.
25th September 2009, 05:09 PM |#8  
Flag Hayward
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Please, please, please!!!
Is there a QVGA version of this...????
25th September 2009, 05:43 PM |#9  

More
Thank you very much for this corrected version... works perfectly on ma german X1 (WVGA)...

Chris

Edit: Why didn't you post this under "Development and Hacking"? I think that topic would fit better =)
25th September 2009, 07:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Anyone try this out on a Titan yet? I know a couple Titan users having issues with this app.

P.S. Works GREAT on my i910 Omnia!!!!!
25th September 2009, 07:53 PM |#11  
Flag Southie
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Thanks your the best
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
midomi, musicid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)