- a desk bell
- a double buzzer
- a single buzzer
- a gong
- a horn
- a doorbell
- the D-Day cricket
- the nuke button

A note for the gong: pressing the center the sound stops.
A note for the nuke: don't stop at first press...

CHANGELOG:
1.0 – First release
1.0.1 - Released all resolutions
Small cosmetics
Executable compressed with UPX

DOWNLOAD:
Download PocketNoise from 1800PocketPC.com

Special version for HTC HD2

I ask you people not to mirror the files elsewhere: if you want to spread the app, please link to 1800pocketpc download url above

IF YOU LIKE THIS APP, DONATE!

Donations received so far: Saijo 10€, Antonín 5€ thanks guys! Thank you very much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	menu.jpg
Views:	7039
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	231612   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeskBell.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	231613   Click image for larger version

Name:	SelfDestruct_off.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	231614   Click image for larger version

Name:	gong.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	231615   Click image for larger version

Name:	pulsante_su.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	231617   Click image for larger version

Name:	campanello.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	231618   Click image for larger version

Name:	cricket_off.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	231619   Click image for larger version

Name:	horn_off.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	231620  

26th September 2009, 05:43 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
and yes ofcourse, qvga would be great
26th September 2009, 10:18 AM |#3  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aibonlengket

and yes ofcourse, qvga would be great

I had the intention to release for this app the VGA-WQVGA-QVGA versions as well, but this means a lot of work, since all the graphics have to be resized and the code to be optimized for these screen resolutions.

But...

But. I've released three apps so far (FakeBadge, Walk of Fake and Pocket Noise). In total, almost 8.000 downloads. And a single donation (for WoF). This means, i guess, people is not interested in my apps. Or, at least, not that much interested.

So, if my piggybank continues to stay empty, i'll go on to releas freeware apps. But only in resolution that fits my device (so, in other words, i'll share what i do for me): it's a nonsense to spend many hours working on other res for nothing, isn't it?
26th September 2009, 12:51 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
VGA version please???
26th September 2009, 12:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbonzz

I had the intention to release for this app the VGA-WQVGA-QVGA versions as well, but this means a lot of work, since all the graphics have to be resized and the code to be optimized for these screen resolutions.

But...

But. I've released three apps so far (FakeBadge, Walk of Fake and Pocket Noise). In total, almost 8.000 downloads. And a single donation (for WoF). This means, i guess, people is not interested in my apps. Or, at least, not that much interested.

So, if my piggybank continues to stay empty, i'll go on to releas freeware apps. But only in resolution that fits my device (so, in other words, i'll share what i do for me): it's a nonsense to spend many hours working on other res for nothing, isn't it?

i feel low, i'm sorry i hadn't donate yet. i think you deserve one though. so please people, donate for this fun apps.
26th September 2009, 03:16 PM |#6  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 52

More
good stuff .. beer coming your way.. plz check ur PM
26th September 2009, 07:40 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
other resolutions on the go: gimme a couple of days. And thanks to people that supports me donating :)
27th September 2009, 12:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbonzz

I've released three apps so far (FakeBadge, Walk of Fake and Pocket Noise). In total, almost 8.000 downloads. And a single donation (for WoF). This means, i guess, people is not interested in my apps. Or, at least, not that much interested.

Don't take it personally, but all three are really bling-bling or kiddy apps. Nothing productive, whereas Your programming skills could be put to use for coding something that's actually useful - for example, there isn't currently a single sms/e-mail app on the market that's finger-friendly, functional and has many options. So there's Your empty piggybank. I think if You'd write something that's actually useful, You'd get donations from at least hundred members, not 1. Think about that.
27th September 2009, 01:23 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiro

Don't take it personally, but all three are really bling-bling or kiddy apps. Nothing productive, whereas Your programming skills could be put to use for coding something that's actually useful - for example, there isn't currently a single sms/e-mail app on the market that's finger-friendly, functional and has many options. So there's Your empty piggybank. I think if You'd write something that's actually useful, You'd get donations from at least hundred members, not 1. Think about that.

You could be right. Of course i don't take it personal, but what you say brings me to some thoughts. So, i say "could" for 4 reasons:

1. i know my apps are stupid toys. But why people download them, then? Eight hundred downloads in 10 days tell me that people like my apps, stupid or not. And download them.

2. How many "intelligent" apps have you seen for iPhone? Not so much, i think (if you've seen what i've seen). Despite this, the more an app is stupid, the more it sells on AppStore. And have you seen how many people here complain since such apps are for iPhone and not for WM? How many ask to port iPhone apps to WM? see how many did ask for iBoobs port, for example.

3. Some developers, here, develop "intelligent" apps. See, for example, Chainfire, Mitonioes, Blezalex, only to say a few. They should have become rich, if what you say is true. But i don't think so. See Mitonioes donation log for iPhoneToday: i think he is about 150 bucks: not exactely a big amount of money for such a long waited app...

4. Have you seen where G-Alarm is gone, and why? It was free, at beginning. then ageye has seen that, despite his efforts to make the app better and better, and despite the fact that it was one of the most (if not the most) downloaded WM apps, his pigybank as well was always empty. And so decided to make his app a pay one.

This to say that, for me as for other people that release free apps here: we do this without forcing anyone to give us a single cent, and saying that IF one likes the app, he CAN make a small donation to send his appreciation. But if people thinks that "someone else will donate, so why bother? After all it's free", this behaviour leads to the situation where almost the whole developer community has gone to iPhone, where apps are rewarded. Or, as i stated in 3rd post, one develops for himself, and if the apps is ok for you well, otherwise who cares? After all one does this for free and none cares to give him a sign of appreciation.

wow, it was a long OT. but i hope you understand why, if you could be half right, i too can be right the other half

cheers
27th September 2009, 01:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
So You did take it personally OK, just kidding. I see Your point... But I wouldn't go so far to call iPhoneToday an "intelligent" app as it (as far as I know):
1) Simply is a launcher, for which we have like at least 20 alternatives to everyone's liking,
2) It is an attempt to mimic an interface of a system on another system to look like the first system. It's like I would skin my ubuntu to be a mac. Pointless to my mind, no real productivity gain in that.

If You take a look at Iconsoft PhonEx for example, there is an app that has a really well-thought UI, options, intuitive usability etc etc, it's like a perfect example of what my point was, as it completely replaces the useless WM stock dialer and contacts. So I got myself a license, even tho it's 25$. I am willing to pay for great stuff.

G-Alarm does too many things (general mistake that every developer makes is that he thinks when his app has tons of features it makes it greater - it does not, rather on the contrary) to be a simple alarm/timer/stopper, for which 200-300KB is enogh, not 2,5MB.

For me it's all about:
1) Is there real comfort, usability or productivity gain in it for me?
2) Is it small and fast and doesn't have useless features?

For the rest of qualities, I really don't give a s..t.

But, if You are interested in developing something useful, take a look at this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=520689. It has been half a year and nothing much has been going on. Like I said, there really isn't a good sms/e-mail app outthere

My point ver 1.5 - the third half
27th September 2009, 01:57 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiro

My point ver 1.5 - the third half

About the s2s, i'm not skilled enought, at present time, to interact with system. Maybe in future
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
button, gong, horn, noise

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)