ATPluginInstaller was a great idea-but we missed some things-and TICS can do it -especially installing a .plg in EACH .cpr!
TICS is short for Titanium Installator Controller Saver
TICS is upward-compatible to ATPluginInstaller in its Doing - but will do much more.
To introduce it, a little example to call TICS_installer, so you can already see, what's now possible:
TICS_installer.exe -addchange -plg:\\Internal Storage\\Sandbox\\default.plg -cpr:currentPortrait -silent
but also possible:
TICS_installer.exe -addchange -plg:\\Internal Storage\\Sandbox\\test.plg -cpr:\\Internal Storage\\Sandbox\\Titanium_480x640.cpr
TICS_installer.exe -delete -plugin:Test -cpr:currentLandscape
Direct Download of TICS_installer - new RC3.1
Now, you have seen the "specials" of TICS - but the first question of te Plugin-Makers will be: "what about the setup.dll?"
And that's very easy: ATPluginInstaller installed or uninstalled only the default.plg in Titanium_<res>.cpr - so it was possible.
TICS has to much options for this - and so you need another interface -but you already have it:
The Setup.dll from Mortscript calls "install.mscr" after installing a cab - and "uninstall.mscr" before uninstalling a cab.
The only MUST is: the Mortscript.exe, TitaniumRefresh.exe and the both mscr-Files and TICS_installer.exe must be installed in your main Directory of your Plugin.
But so we can also be asure, that each Plugin has now its right MortScript-Version - and everybody of us has a simple-to-use interface.
I will post an example for an install.mscr in Post #2
But now the Syntax of TICS-installer(and 4 now it's changeable, after Release no more! It can only be expanded - but each Skinner, Themer, Plugin-Developer,... must rely on, that the Parameters from TICS_installer always be upward-compatible)
TICS_installer.exe -addchange -plg:<absolutePathToPlg> -cpr:currentPortrait|currentLandscape|<absolutePath ToCpr> [-silent]
TICS_installer.exe -delete -plugin:<PluginName> -cpr:currentPortrait|currentLandscape|<absolutePath ToCpr> [-silent]
The Example in Post #2 will show the same thing as that was ATPluginInstaller did... almost... because "current" is the ative cpr - e.g. if you are using NeoTitanium - then TICS will install the .plg in NeoTitanium...
For whom it is needful to use TICS in future?
For the Users of course - no more problems to install Skins to whatever he uses in Titanium
For Developers of Plugins: their Plugins can now be used in each Titanium-Theme without adapting of the Theme-Makers - only depends from the ideas of the Skinners. Also they have a new interface after installing/before uninstalling a .cab - and Mortsript-knowledge would be enough
For Titanium-Theme-Makers: Now they can get help from the Skinners and the Plugin-Makers for a specific Plugin and no more for a whole cpr. Also the additional Parameters will help them, too
For Skinners: Much more possibilities to skin now Only by making that, what they can: Making great .plg's and Images!
TICS is free - like ATPluginInstaller - for each non-profit CHome-/Titanium-Plugin - so I'm only interested in enjoying this new possibilities of ech of you, too
Some important explanations:
- TICS_installer will only write in "ExtensibilityXML", "DefaultXML" and "Plugins" to CHome-Registry, if the Parameter for CPR is a "current..."-Parameter
- but then in "HKCU/Software/TICS" - with "newExtensibilityXML","new..."
- TICS uses "ExtensibilityXML" and "CPRFile" from CHome-Registry to identify the current CPR - it's automatically set by Windows-system because of ExtensibilityXML
- and you can use them by simple Registry-Copy in install.mscr or your Program like you need it for your Plugin
- You must set the <Position> in .plg - but if the Plugin already exists, then TICS ignores the Position in .plg - because it assumes, that the User has moved the Plugin to a better place for him (e.g. with CHome-Editor) - so it's more User-friendly
- TICS has definite Error-Messages and Number - which you can capture&handle while Installing a .plg - everything to find in "HKCU/Software/TICS"
- TICS recognizes your current resolution of your device - and only installs in the .cpr of this Resolution - no more in the other unused one
- Code optimization fast&small
- TICS makes a different between portrait and landscape in the .plg - so you have to call TICS twice if you want the same behaviour like ATPluginInstaller- but so you can also handle the different Sizes or can install different .plgs to Landscape and portrait... nice opportunity for Skinners
- it creates two temporary files direct in MainStorage "tempTitaniumLandscapeCpr.txt" and "tempTitaniumPortraitCpr.txt" which are the output files of - also a successful like a buggy call, too - of TICS - so you can handle it without need to copy something from Windows-Directory.
Of course will TICS change the current .cpr, too. And overwrite the temporary Files after next call of TICS
Everything else is already explained with ATPluginInstaller - but don't forget: CESetupDLL = "setup.dll" in TICS! :
Only a summary of the new advantages of TICS:
- fast - written in C with MSDN - nothing else! Needs only 20ms for a complete operation on a .cpr
- You can handle EACH .cpr now The most important of all
- .plg can be everywhere - you can also save the .plg in Internal Storage together with the Images to copy full Skins to your Plugins
- Post-Installation-Hook - you can handle everything which you need for yor Plugin now while installing the cab (install.mscr)
- Pre-Deinstallation-Hook - you can handle everything which you need for yor Plugin now before uninstalling the cab (uninstall.mscr)
- in pre- and post- un/installation you can handle everything also before calling TICS and also after calling TICS
-Detailed Error Messages and Numbers to handle them
- Special support-parameters for JMLToday & TitaniumRSS and some other Plugins
- Silent-Mode - TICS can suppress the Error-Messages and only write them to Registry - and you can handle them on your own
- Change View of Titanium to TitaniumListView or BronzeListView (disabled in Beta)
- Makes differences between portrait and landscape - and so the possibiity to have abolutely different Skins in this directions
- only installs in your Resolution - so it's fast and need less storage in your Windows-Directory
- User-friendly (e.g. Position - see above)
- Let you handle the both last calls of TICS by providing everything about them in Registry.
Please: It's a RC: Before you try it - save your .cpr and the Values "ExtensibilityXML" and "Plugins" in Registry of CHome.
First File is Mortscript.exe (4.2-feel free to use,what you want) , TitaniumRefresh.exe, the setup.dll and an example for install.mscr and uninstall.mscr
Second File is TICS_installer.exe itself as zip
last change 3.1:
- "-change" to TitaniumListView bugfix
Thanx to Mort for providing the Setup.dll!!!
And AppStar for his great initial concept of ATPluginInstaller!!!
And I'm looking forward to new Themes & Skins, which are now much easier possible
Cheers & Thanxs
Like my work? For a new device to test, motivation, better developing environment and especially coffee - to spend much more nights, you can donate a cup of coffee for me.