[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By Zepiii, Retired Forum Moderator on 30th September 2009, 07:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st November 2009, 04:17 PM |#1291  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am very sorry if this is a redundant post, but I have an HTC Touch and MS3.5.1 and I have downloaded some additional analog clock widgets and I realize it may be a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to make them work. Any help would be appreciated.
21st November 2009, 06:26 PM |#1292  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Janeones,

I know 2 methods for doing this.

Method 1:
You could use the "Widget Injector" that can be found on the Internet. I cannot find the page where you can download this program. It uses demo versions of some programs to do it's work.

Method 2:
- If a registry file is present (a file with extension .reg):
Import it with a registery program on your smartphone. ex. Memmaid, SK Tools. I don't know if there are free programs that can import .reg files for Windows Mobile.

- If there is one or more .xml files, add them into the qa_layouts.dat file:
Copy this file from your smartphone to your computer: \Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\qa_layouts.dat
Unzip it into a new folder on your computer. Use the password: b0fm18zq
Copy the .xml file(s) into this folder.
Zip all the files inside the folder into a file qa_layouts.zip with the same password.
Change the .zip extension to .dat
Rename the original \Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\qa_layouts.dat file on your smartphone. ex: qa_layouts.old If something goes wrong, you still have the original!
Copy the new qa_layouts.dat file to \Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell on your smartphone.

- Copy the .dat files in the program folder of Mobile Shell on the smartphone:
\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell

For the changes to take effect, quit "Mobile Shell" or soft reset the smartphone.
21st November 2009, 06:31 PM |#1293  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The latest version of the Clockworks Widget:
It works on Mobile Shell 3.5 & 3.5.1. All the widgets can be found in the VGA and QVGA version.

It is a widget of an analogue clock with clockworks visible. The clockworks inside has a moving part. This way the clock never has the same look.

It has different parts that can be combined. Here you can find some possible combinations:

Manual installation:
VGA version: Clockworks35.zip
QVGA version: ClockworksQVGA35.zip

How to use the files inside the compressed .zip file:
Copy all the files with extension .dat in the Mobile Shell program folder on the smartphone:
Folder: \Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell

Add the file Clockworks.xml inside the \Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\qa_layouts.dat file. This is a .zip compressed file with password: b0fm18zq
Rename the .zip extension to .dat

Import this file into the registery of the smartphone: Clockworks(Q)VGA35.reg

For the changes to take effect, quit "Mobile Shell" or soft reset the smartphone.

Web page location: http://users.skynet.be/gunther.wille...rks/index.html

Gunther (Onymous)
21st November 2009, 08:18 PM |#1294  
Flag Helmond
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I have a problem and I know what the problem is but I don't know the answer. I have installed ms 3.5.1 RC and mobile windows 6.5. My picture of the weatherwidget doesn't display. There was a picture after a clean install (first spb weather +update then ms 3.5.1) but when i installed bombyx 3.5 en installed the widgets Sence, it went wrong. The picture disappeared. I have an Xperia1
Who can help??
21st November 2009, 10:38 PM |#1295  
Flag troms
Thanks Meter: 4

More
landscape
how can i activate landscape?
22nd November 2009, 12:59 AM |#1296  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a question for the guru of Spb-Shell

Each Spb-menu item in its registery-branch (hklm\software\spb software house2\spb mobile shell\menu\root) have the key DWORD "MRUImage". For what is responsible this key?
I know, that DWORD "Image" key is responsible for icon of menu item, but this - I just can not understand

sry for my english cheers
22nd November 2009, 11:31 AM |#1297  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag www.generation-mobiles.net
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Hi all !

I've recently installed a Windows Mobile 6.5.1 with the big softkeys. The problem is that they are still present on SPB 3.5 and hide a part of it. Any idea how i can disable it or solve the problem?
I've read some stuff about position_fix, but it's not in my \windows\ folder...

Thank you.
22nd November 2009, 11:46 AM |#1298  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepiii

Hi all !

I've recently installed a Windows Mobile 6.5.1 with the big softkeys. The problem is that they are still present on SPB 3.5 and hide a part of it. Any idea how i can disable it or solve the problem?
I've read some stuff about position_fix, but it's not in my \windows\ folder...

Thank you.

Taken from my FAQ

Q4. Im running WM6.5.1 and have a StartBar covering the bottom area.

Follow *THIS* post to fix it OR try installing *THIS* registry fix.
22nd November 2009, 06:52 PM |#1299  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Delete the .zip from the end of the attached file and copy it across to your spb mobile shell folder. Then simply add a Backing Panel and change its skin to Panel Small (Black) and move it to the bottom of the screen. You can then place upto 6 small size shortcuts at the bottom and make your own custom menubar

Note: If you already use the small black backing panel then just rename it to one of the other colours (blue, grey, metal or red).

See screenshots for an example.

Hello, I managed to try this only now.
It's very small on my screen^^ I think it's resolution problem? I would need WVGA
If I want to fix it myself... is it enough to resize/change the image to something 480x100? or I would need to change some value in the .xml files?

Thanks^^
22nd November 2009, 11:02 PM |#1300  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacchan23

Hello, I managed to try this only now.
It's very small on my screen^^ I think it's resolution problem? I would need WVGA
If I want to fix it myself... is it enough to resize/change the image to something 480x100? or I would need to change some value in the .xml files?

Thanks^^

If you tried that with a WVGA device im suprised it even worked since it has qa at the beginning lol.

Try the attached file instead for VGA, WVGA devices. Delete the .zip as before.
Attached Files
File Type: zip va_backing_panel_small_black.dat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.0 KB, 17 views)
22nd November 2009, 11:06 PM |#1301  
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 331

Donate to Me
More
Just released

Vostradamus Widgets 2.13

What's new in this version?

- Added new Link Skin Set: Dark Hexagon (with text in white, black, blue, cyan, green, red, yellow)
- Updated Light Hexagon Link Skin Set: both Light and Dark Hexagons now contains an “empty” version where the icon is invisible, they are to be used together with a new Contact Skin (see below) – (made on request)
- Added new Contact Skin: Special Hexagon. This is to be used by placing it over an Empty Hexagon Link – (made on request)

Detailed info & download links HERE!

Enjoy!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mobile shell 3.5, ms3.5, spb mobile shell 3.5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)