84 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By schiefersoft, Member on 2nd October 2009, 11:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th October 2009, 12:11 AM |#41  

More
Geo tagging
That solved my problem and it works great!

Loaded 1.7, selected the option to tag my 2 pictures, sent the email to my self on the desktop, and there were the 2 pics at my house in Google Earth.

Thanks for the quick turn-around.

Rich
8th October 2009, 06:56 AM |#42  
OP Member
Flag Dresden

More
Smartphone Version 1.7 NO TOUCHSCREEN
Smartphone Version (cab)
10th October 2009, 12:15 PM |#43  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Thanks for this great little app. It makes a nice companion to GCzII.

I'd like to see a few extra options,

1. Ability to change the default message for email. Just about everyone I'm likely to email already has GE so now I have to delete the message each time. Same goes for the Subject.

2. An option (maybe just a checkbox) to include the track in the same KMZ file, if this is possible. There will be times I may want the person receiving the file, or indeed myself, to be able to see the track as well as the goetagged photos without having to send two separate files.

3. Ability to set the folder for KMZ/KML files to be saved in.

Thanks
12th October 2009, 06:11 AM |#44  
OP Member
Flag Dresden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyberdude

Thanks for this great little app. It makes a nice companion to GCzII.

I'd like to see a few extra options,

1. Ability to change the default message for email. Just about everyone I'm likely to email already has GE so now I have to delete the message each time. Same goes for the Subject.

2. An option (maybe just a checkbox) to include the track in the same KMZ file, if this is possible. There will be times I may want the person receiving the file, or indeed myself, to be able to see the track as well as the goetagged photos without having to send two separate files.

3. Ability to set the folder for KMZ/KML files to be saved in.

Thanks

...after my business trip...next week
23rd October 2009, 11:47 AM |#45  
Flag Cape Town

More
A curios thing happened. I went to do some caches in the nearby reserve which cimbined was a hike of about 3-4km one way. So I fired up GCzII logging at the start and off I went snapping some pics along the way. I then stopped the logging at the furthest point as I had no need to track the return journey along the same route. Once back at my stating point I snapped a few more pics.

When I geotagged the photos, I was supprised to see that it also tagged the four I had taken once I was back, but it has placed that at the same location as the last photo I took before I turned the logging off, some 3-4km away
23rd October 2009, 11:50 AM |#46  
OP Member
Flag Dresden

More
Quote:

A curios thing happened. I went to do some caches in the nearby reserve which cimbined was a hike of about 3-4km one way. So I fired up GCzII logging at the start and off I went snapping some pics along the way. I then stopped the logging at the furthest point as I had no need to track the return journey along the same route. Once back at my stating point I snapped a few more pics.

When I geotagged the photos, I was supprised to see that it also tagged the four I had taken once I was back, but it has placed that at the same location as the last photo I took before I turned the logging off, some 3-4km away

i am working on new version, in this version this problem solved...
see my PM to you
23rd October 2009, 11:58 AM |#47  
OP Member
Flag Dresden

More
Quote:

in the current version the GCzII-Tools takes all pictures taken 5 minutes before trackstart and 5 minutes behind tracking stop...
i will reduce this timespan to 20 seconds...
23rd October 2009, 12:13 PM |#48  
Flag Cape Town

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiefersoft

in the current version the GCzII-Tools takes all pictures taken 5 minutes before trackstart and 5 minutes behind tracking stop...
i will reduce this timespan to 20 seconds...

Ok, but that may not have been the cause as the last four photo's were taken two hours later
23rd October 2009, 12:38 PM |#49  
OP Member
Flag Dresden

More
Quote:

Ok, but that may not have been the cause as the last four photo's were taken two hours later

ok solved in the new version..you want to test them?
please send my an PM
31st October 2009, 02:24 PM |#50  

More
Smile GCzII-Tools a helper app for GCzII
Hello,
your tutorial for the GCzII-Tool is very helpfull.

Iam new by looking caches and I found this forum and hope to get some help.
Is there any tutorial for using GCzII?
I need help für using it. How its possible to get the cache-files from a database and load it into GCzII?
Which steps I have to do for finding a cache with GCzII?

Thankyou for information and help.
jbwell
1st November 2009, 01:02 AM |#51  
Flag Cape Town

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwell

Hello,
your tutorial for the GCzII-Tool is very helpfull.

Iam new by looking caches and I found this forum and hope to get some help.
Is there any tutorial for using GCzII?
I need help für using it. How its possible to get the cache-files from a database and load it into GCzII?
Which steps I have to do for finding a cache with GCzII?

Thankyou for information and help.
jbwell

Unfortunately there is no turotial for GCzII that I'm aware of, however you will find lots of help in the forum. However, once you have done a few caches you will begin to find it is fairly intuative.

But to answer you questions in the meantime, there are basically two ways to list caches. First (and the method I use) is to use one fo the find options on the first screen, usually "Search for nearest cahces" is a good place to start. The second (although I've not actually used this method myself yet) is to import a gpx file. This can either be one you generate from GSAK, or a PQ from groundspeak. You can then go a bit further and download static maps for each cache for use later in finding caches. Personally I do this while my phone is connected to my home network so that it downloads via my DSL rather then my phones data package.

As for finding them, simply select the cache you are interested in and you will have all the information you need. You can read the description, logs and hint if needed. If your device has a built in GPS, click on the GPS monitor button and you will see a compass appear with a red dot which reprisents the cache. The red arrow shows direction to the cache and the blue arrow shows your heading. If you are a long way from the cache, it is often easier to start by viewing the location in a static map which will also show you all waypoints as well which you can cycle through.

Once you have found the cache, you can either just mark it as found for later logging when you get home or log it directly from your phone.

This is, admittedly a very brief instruction, but if you play around with it I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Happy Caching
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gczii gczii-tools

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)