Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ***MghtyMax 1.9.1*** "WHAT A FEELING!"

574 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By mghtyred, Senior Member on 13th October 2009, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
MghtyMax 1.9.1 "What a Feeling"

SIGNED VERSION NOW LIVE!!!!

THIS IS A CUPCAKE HERO ROM. AT PRESENT 1.9.1 IS STILL THE LATEST VERSION OF MGHTYMAX. IN MY OPINION, STILL THE FASTEST, MOST STABLE HERO ROM ON THE PLANET.

***NEWS***

I may be developing a "Legacy Edition" of MghtyMax, considering we are reaching the end of the road for the G1. It would essentially be 1.9.1 with minor tweeks, some graphical improvements, and some special goodies to celebrate life of a great phone. Kind of in the "feeling out interest" phase right now, so if this is something you would like to see, please respond. I'd also like to talk to some folks who are good with custom desktop wallpapers. Please contact me on Twitter if interested in working on this project.

Changelog:

1.9.1 - Added Flash support

1.9 Altered user.conf. Turned off Compache and went to straight linux-swap. Swappiness set at 60. This may be the FASTEST HERO ROM EVER.

Recommended linux-swap partition sizes:

G1: 128 MB Linux Swap
MT3G: 96 MB Linux Swap* (Not tested. If running laggy after rom settles try 128MB as well)

If you get the blurries on MT3G, use the blurries fix:

http://twistedumbrella.slackdev.com/Deport-1.0.zip

After the system settles, and everything is running nice and smoothly, shut down, reboot into recovery and flash this as a ROM. Don't wipe, don't remove partitions. Just flash the zip. Reboot, and no more blurries!

1.8:
*This IS Maxisma 1.8 with the following changes:
Brought back PEEP due to popular demand (as is in Maxisma's roms)
Include Backup for Root & Missed Calls apps, and a few added sounds.
Modded build.prop to allow use of T-Mo apps (My Account, My Faves)

1.7.1a:
Removed HeroLED. All LED's will work natively on MT3G, and on G1 all will work except *missed call notifications. Thanks to Maxisma's build.prop

*Included Anon's Missed Call. Allows for custom LED color and frequency for incoming/missed call notification, and missed call notification sounds. This app will be in your app draw, and it must be run and set up for missed call notification LEDs to work. MT3G users do not need to use this app.

Included Blackgin's "Backup for Root Users" (This version works with HERO rom's)
Added lots of sound files for Ringtones, Notifications, and Alarm.

This version has an edited build.prop so that the phone's model number displays as T-Mobile G1 for apps like T-Mobile's "My Account" Although this has not been tested on MT3G it should not cause any issues. Please report if there are and I will release a MT3G version of this rom.

Replaced boot sound and image files.

Removed HTC PEEP. (was causing problems for me, lots of FC)

Thanks go out to Maxisma of course for compiling the rom that I basically just tweeked a bit, and for allowing me to share it with all of you. Anon for his Missed Call app, Blackgin for "Backup for Root Users", HTCPedia and Rapidshare for hosting, everyone at XDA and the T-Mobile forums, JackCrackerMan for pointing me to the blurry fix, and of course all of you, the Android community at large.

***BEFORE INSTALLING PLEASE***
***THESE INSTRUCTIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER OR MGHTYMAX WILL NOT WORK!!!***
-If using "Backup for Root" uninstall any heroled app you may be currently running before backing up.

-Before flashing this rom, WIPE PHONE/FACTORY DATA RESET, WIPE/REPARTITION EXT AND LINUX-SWAP in parted.(I recommend ext4 for best performance, 128MB Linux Swap for G1, 96 MB Linux Swap for MT3G)

-After repartition and upgrade of ext partition, exit parted and PULL BATTERY. Make sure device is not charging or hooked up to USB and put battery back in and boot to recovery.

-WIPE/FDR Phone AGAIN FOR SAFETY. Too many people having issues with remnants of old roms interfering with new ones. PLEASE follow this procedure exactly.

- Flash Rom.

-When the new rom boots and you get to the homescreen, allow some time for the apps2sd to catch up.

- IMPORTANT!!! Run Market. Accept the ToS. Exit Market.

- Run "Backup for root users" (also in app tray) if you ran it prior to flashing this rom, and restore your files.

- Wait. Wait. Wait. Sit and watch the apps pop up in the tray. Wait some more. Look, they're dancing! They keep moving! Wait. Wait. Wait. Grass growing? Wait. Wait Wait. Wait some more and when they finally stop moving around for good, close the app tray and reopen it. If it scrolls like butter, it's done. If it's laggy, wait, wait, wait. DO NOT RUN **ANYTHING** During this process!!! You may get FC's, load screens, and just may end up doing a wipe and reflash. Give it time. It will take a while, but you'll be glad when it's done.

- Run "Missed Calls" app in the app tray and set up your led notifications for missed/incoming calls.

Feedback/suggestions appreciated!

*As with any rom, you flash this at your own risk, neither I, Maxisma, these forums, your wireless carrier, or any being, living or dead in the known universe (except for you) will be held responsible should your damage or destroy your device in an attempt to flash/use this rom in any way.

MghtyMax 1.9.1 "What a Feeling!" ---> http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918

Just in case folks prefer the RAMHack for some reason, 1.7.1a is still available for download.

MghtyMax 1.7.1a --->http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918

"Just when I thought I was out... THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!"

I just couldn't let 1.8 be it, with the problems I was seeing with lag. I am very proud of 1.9, and think it just may be the fastest Hero Rom setup yet. I hope you think so too. Thank you again for your support!

Please share your thoughts/comments on this topic here, or to my twitter at http://twitter.com/mghtyred

Thank you all again for enjoying this ROM!

13th October 2009, 01:17 AM |#2  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Talking
Finally My First Post!!!!

This Seems Amazing, I'll Try This Out
13th October 2009, 01:31 AM |#3  
Garden Grove, CA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
anybody try it out yet? how is it?
13th October 2009, 01:31 AM |#4  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 0

More
going to give this a try brb
13th October 2009, 01:37 AM |#5  
GAINESVILLE, TX 76240

More
Since its a hero rom im guessing we will need a class 6 sd card right?
13th October 2009, 01:46 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Earth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@F@

Since its a hero rom im guessing we will need a class 6 sd card right?

Because of the memhack Maxisma is using in the rom, no it's not required since linux-swap isn't really used, but recommended for faster app loading in apps2sd.
13th October 2009, 02:06 AM |#7  

More
Working Great for me so far!

No FC's at all on the Mytouch.

Only one FC i got so far was the one when you search for a Contact, but mighty is already aware of that.

Other than that no problems so far.
13th October 2009, 02:22 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Using it on the G1 and it blazing fast and holy sh** the LEDS work amazing!

Way to go Maxisma and Mighty!
13th October 2009, 02:57 AM |#9  
Flag Salt City, Utah
Thanks Meter: 108

More
If I'm coming from Max 1.7.1 do I need to wipe before flashing on my mt3g?
13th October 2009, 03:11 AM |#10  
Flag Cumming, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 67

More
i followed directions and it boots up to mighty max screen and keeps booting to that same page. what next?
13th October 2009, 03:15 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Earth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizoh66

If I'm coming from Max 1.7.1 do I need to wipe before flashing on my mt3g?

Absolutely. Follow the instructions to the T.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)