After playing with my Touch Pro2 for a while I decided to cook my own ROM.
My ROM is created with the following goals:
- Speed !!!
- Latest and greatest OS (WM 6.5.5 build 23518)
- Stable but latest Manila 2.1 (with Weather)
- Office 2010
- UC v2.0 compatible (click here for more info)
Today's release contains the latest available packages and a lot of bugs fixed compared to the previous 0.1 beta release.
This release should be really stable and almost ready for 1.0 Release. Please let me know any issues with it.
This is the newest Windows Mobile version out there!
Screenshots will be updated soon, still looks fairly similar though
List of packages:
- Latest drivers from the new official HTC WM6.5 ROM
- OS: Latest and greatest WM 6.5.5 build 23518
- Office 2010
- Opera Mobile 9.5 and Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2
- Power 188.8.131.52
- 1% Battery fix
- ARCSoft messenger (not HTC messaging client) so faster!
- My own speed enhancing registry tweaks
- A Stopwatch!! (still can't believe there is none by default)
- Microsoft Tag
- Remote Desktop
- Microsoft my Phone
- Microsoft Marketplace
- Welcome Center
- Windows Live
- Windows Live Messenger
- MS Widgets (money, weather)
Changes since v0.2a:
- Increased size of start button
- Added Advanced Config/Total Commander/PCC Pim Backup
- Added start menu link for (Manila) PositionFix
- HTC Task Manager accessible by clicking on the topbar clock (hidden the icon)
- Complete new list of programs from the latest official ROM
- Comm manager working fine
- Start menu background is finally the same
- Make sure your Touch Pro2 has HardSPL. Check here for info
- Download DaxyROM
- Unzip the zipfile
- Run CustomRUU.exe
- Follow the instructions
- All set, enjoy your new phone
See Post 2 for Known Issues and tips