The result of my days of hard work is named DaxyROM and can be found here.
If you want to start cooking, be prepared to read a lot and spent a lot of time trying your home cooked meals. But when it boots and works as expected, you’ll enjoy all the time spent.
There are 3 steps I’d like to discuss in the following 3 posts:
1) Basic ROM extraction and cooking
2) Adding / Removing programs
3) Upgrading your XIP/SYS (aka install new OS version)
First of all get to know what you’re dealing with. Understand what SYS/EXT/OEM/ROM/XIP is ‘cause at the end of the week you can’t think of anything else. Good source here.
1 Basic ROM extraction and cooking
I’ll be using the Ervius Visual Kitchen and the official WM6.5 ROM from HTC to start with.
* Download Ervius Visual Kitchen. Always use the latest version.
* Download WM6.5 ROM’s from HTC
* Download CustomRUU.exe
Preparing the kitchen:
- Extract Visual Kitchen (VK) to C:\Kitchen (will be refered to as Kitchen now)
- Create a directory in the Kitchen named RomDump
- Open the WM6.5 HTC ROM .exe file with Winzip
- Extract the file named RUU_signed.nbh to the RomDump directory
- Now open the Kitchen (erviuskitchen.exe). Ignore the warning messages
- Click on the bottom left button named “Dump nbh/nb/payload”
- Open the RUU_signed.nbh file and wait till it’s completed.
- Enter the Kitchen\RomDump\dump directory
- Move all files to Kitchen directory
There seems to be an issue with kitchen_build_rom.bat while building your ROM.
Modify your kitchen_build_rom.bat file from this:
set DSM_TEMPLATE=%dsm% set DSM_INCLUDES=* REM **************** TOOLS\platformrebuilder.exe if not "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto error
set DSM_TEMPLATE=%dsm% set DSM_INCLUDES=* REM **************** TOOLS\platformrebuilder.exe REM **************** if not "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto error
Built your first ROM – The Visual Kitchen Basics:
- Click on the pull-down menu next to RHODIUM and select RHODIUM
- Ignore the messages. You’ll see the screen building now
- Fill in the name of your ROM at the ROM ver. Field
- Check the “Real WM 6.5 AKU” field
- Click on the “Other” button
- Change the –PP value from 6 to 18 and click on the Close button
- Save the settings: hit the “Save ROM” button. Filename must end with extension .erv.
- You’re ready to hit the Create ROM button
- Wait till it finishes
- Now open the Kitchen\RELEASE_Rhodium directory
- Copy the CustomRUU.exe to this directory and run it
- You’re now running the HTC WM 6.5 ROM rebuilded by yourself
Right now your kitchen is ready to use and you can modify it as much as you like.