FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MSkip ProPlus UltimateElegance for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3 (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA and WVGA)

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,153

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 22nd October 2009, 03:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

* IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS TRY READING THE FAQ FIRST BEFORE POSTING

* VARIATIONS FOR THE BOTTOM MENUBAR CAN BE FOUND *HERE*

MSkip's ProPlus UltimateElegance for Mobile Shell 3.5
Contains the following:
* LOTS of new widgets to play with
* 7 selectable Lifestyle screens instead of the standard 3* PLUS a 3 button menu on the Pro and Lifestyle Screens on Portrait Mode
* PLUS an extra favourites (contacts) screen (click on contacts and then swipe your finger on the screen to the left to bring up the extra screen), this screen is fully customizable and you can swipe off the second favourites screen.
* PLUS I added a 9th panel in the Spb Menu Screen called Spb Menus which contains 10 spb mobile shell shortcuts that can be selected as application links to be placed on the screen if desired.
* PLUS The screens can be continously scrolled now in portrait AND landscape mode so you can go from screen 7 straight to screen 1 with a single left swipe
* PLUS I added a Bar at the bottom in Portrait Mode which you can use to select exactly which screen you want to jump to without having to scroll through all the screens to get there
* PLUS I added a Bar at the side in Landscape Mode which you can use to select exactly which screen you want to jump to without having to scroll through all the screens to get there
* PLUS The Pro screen all other screens (including Carousel) can have a custom Background Image (see fundotela files below and instructions)
* PLUS Pro Screen enabled as default (can be turned off in the settings)
* PLUS the recycle bin at the bottom has been deleted as it serves no purpose

ChangeLog:
15th January (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA, WVGA)
+ Updates Ultimate Elegance Theme to be fully compatable with Mobile Shell 3.5.3
+ Fixes Call Log text colour when using Mobile Shell 3.5.3 with my previous version

13th November 2009 (VGA/WVGA ONLY)
+ QVGA version fully updated for compatability with Mobile Shell 3.5.1
+ Added Diamond White and Black Digital Clocks (Small)
+ Added 1 pixel wide black frame around Picture Frame1 so full screen size goes upto edges
+ Fixed all weather widgets to be compatable with MS3.5.1

12th November 2009 (QVGA ONLY)
+ QVGA version fully updated for compatability with Mobile Shell 3.5.1
+ Added Diamond White and Black Digital Clocks (Small)
+ Added 1 pixel wide black frame around Picture Frame1 so full screen size goes upto edges

7th November 2009 (QVGA ONLY)
+ Updated cab to make it compatable with spb Mobile Shell 3.5.1beta1
+ Fixed Weather widgets not showing
+ Fixed Agenda calendar not showing

2nd November 2009 (QVGA and VGA)
+ Added Lots of Box Skins for Shortcut Links. Large (IPhone style) in blue, green, red, yellow, white and black. Standard size in same colours but with 2 different size selection frames. Standard box style in red, blue green and yellow.
+ Added Text Only Link so you can have just the text with no image. The selection size is only half the normal height of a shortcut link so you can have many more links on the screen.
+ Added small selection frame on professional status widget
+ Added Large Invisible Link

Note1: To use picture widget as full screen background image
1. Make your image the following size and copy it to your storage card or device:
QVGA or VGA = 480 x 564
WQVGA or WVGA = 480 x 724
2. Add a picture widget and then change the skin to Plus1 No Border (QVGA, VGA) or Plus1 No Border (WQVGA, WVGA)

WARNING!!
DO NOT PLACE A FULL SCREEN PICTURE FRAME ON A PANEL THAT YOU WANT TO VIEW IN LANDSCAPE MODE AS IT WILL CRASH MOBILE SHELL
AS SOON AS YOU SWITCH SCREEN ORIENTATION AND REQUIRE A SOFT RESET TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN!!

Note2: (Changing Custom Backgrounds on Pro Screen and other screens):
To change the Pro Background, rename the file to qa_fundotela.dat and copy to Spb Mobile Shell folder.
To change Background on the other screen (except Lifestyle and Pro) rename the file to qa_fundotela2.dat and copy to Spb Mobile Shell folder.
Always restart Mobile Shell after copying for it to take affect.

Do the following to make your own custom background dat file.
1. Rename any of the custom backgrounds in the zip file to qa_fundotela.zip
2. Unzip to a folder using the password: b0fm18zq
3. Make 2 backgrounds to use as follows:
For QVGA version (240x400 saved as Background.bmp and 400x240 saved as BackgroundL.bmp)
For VGA version (480x800 saved as Background.bmp and 800x480 saved as BackgroundL.bmp)
4. Move the 2 new background files into the folder you made in step2 (overwriting the originals)
5. Zip the 3 files back up with password protection (using password: b0fm18zq)
6. Rename the new file to qa_fundotela.dat (for pro screen) or qa_fundotela2.dat (for all others) and copy to your Spb Mobile Shell folder on your phone (overwriting the original)
7. Soft Reset your phone

Note3: You might have trouble changing the background on the lifestyle screen. A solution provided by degavi is to first select the image you want then exit the shell (spb menu, settings, spb shell, menu button, exit shell) then go in to the spb mobile shell folder and delete the background.dat file. Restart mobile shell and your desired image will appear.

Note4: To Backup your screens layout for future restoration. Using a Registry Editor export the (HKLM, Software, Spb Software House 2, Spb Mobile Shell, Widgets) Folder. It will back up all 7 screens and your spb favorites contacts. BEFORE restoring your registry backup, delete the previous registry folder so there is no chance of anything being left that could interefere with your restoration.

Download Links (xda isnt letting me upload to here sorry):

NOTE: THIS PACK TAKES AROUND 8 MINUTES TO UNINSTALL BECAUSE OF THE SHEER SIZE AND INTEGRATION WITH MOBILE SHELL. IF YOU DONT HAVE PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR IT TO FINISH THEN DONT INSTALL IT. IF IT COMES UP WITH A MESSAGE SAYING IT CANNOT BE UNINSTALLED THEN SEE THE FAQ'S ON HOW TO REMOVE IT MANUALLY. IF YOU CANT READ THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

The Lite version has only a few widgets to minimize the file size. It includes Diamond Clocks Black and White, A medium Analogue Clock, Small Battery and 3 sizes of Battery Level Widgets, Weather Text Small and Large, Full Screen Calendar, Small Birthday widget and borderless picture frames. All the widgets only take up hardly any space after installation.

Install Procedure:
1. Uninstall any extra cabs or addons you have installed for Spb Mobile Shell
2. Uninstall Spb Mobile Shell and soft reset your device
3. Install the latest version of Spb Mobile Shell (current version is 3.5)
4. Install ProPlus Basic or Ultimate to device memory (same as MS3 in installed)
5. After installations completes, soft reset your device
6. Job done. Congratulations you have now expanded the potential of Mobile Shell

QVGA/WQVGA:
MSkip_ProPlus_Ultimate_Elegance_3.5.3_QVGA_150110. cab
Fundotela_BackGrounds_QVGA.zip

VGA/WVGA:
MSkip_ProPlus_Ultimate_Elegance_3.5.3_VGA_150110.c ab
Fundotela_BackGrounds_VGA.zip

If you enjoy using anything that I have created please consider making a donation. I have spent ALOT of time on this project so appreciation of my work is very welcome and allows me to carry on developing.

Enjoy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free

22nd October 2009, 03:28 PM |#2  
Flag Idaho
Thanks Meter: 872

Donate to Me
More
Looks Great! So far everything works just as it should. Covers the blank area on bottom caused by 6.5.1 ROM's nicely. I believe this is my new Favorite. TONS of room to work with.

Great work Mskip, can't thank you enough.
22nd October 2009, 03:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Update to 3.5
Mskip
Do you think you might be able to update my Manila Pro to 3.5 anytime soon? Your Pro Plus Ultimate Elegance is unbelievable, but I still like the Menubar you did for me with the Manila Icon/Tabs in the the carousel, Plus I love all the work you did for me in the other panels. Let me know.
Thank a million, you are the Best
Sunday
22nd October 2009, 04:39 PM |#4  
Flag Portage, MI
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Ok which one should I be using? Your UltimateElegance, or ProPlus Ultimate? What is the difference between the two?

/Chimp

Update: Never mind, I see the differences on your FAQ...
22nd October 2009, 06:05 PM |#5  
Flag Porto - Portugal
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Cheers MSkip.

Thanks for all your work. It's a great job.

PMoto
22nd October 2009, 06:35 PM |#6  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleding

Mskip
Do you think you might be able to update my Manila Pro to 3.5 anytime soon? Your Pro Plus Ultimate Elegance is unbelievable, but I still like the Menubar you did for me with the Manila Icon/Tabs in the the carousel, Plus I love all the work you did for me in the other panels. Let me know.
Thank a million, you are the Best
Sunday

No problems just send me the cab and I will update it to 3.5 for you

I can probably make some improvements on it too as I have learned more about custom menbars since I made your last one

Mark
22nd October 2009, 07:27 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great! Great! Great!
Waiting time was so hard

Will the version with dots (instead of numbers) uploaded later too?
22nd October 2009, 07:57 PM |#8  
Flag Kristianstad
Thanks Meter: 18

More
looks absolutely fabolus. since i am on my omnia and no pc (in the bush) is there someone that can provide a different download link, cant use rapidshare
22nd October 2009, 08:44 PM |#9  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flahn

Great! Great! Great!
Waiting time was so hard

Will the version with dots (instead of numbers) uploaded later too?

You can install the main cab right now because I will add the dots as a variation (I will post the MSkipFilesUE.dat file which you can just copy across to your mobile shell folder on your phone and soft reset for it to take affect).
22nd October 2009, 08:46 PM |#10  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by degavi

looks absolutely fabolus. since i am on my omnia and no pc (in the bush) is there someone that can provide a different download link, cant use rapidshare

What sites can you download from and what resolution do you require?
22nd October 2009, 08:49 PM |#11  
Is there a way to restore the smooth scrolling (android like) instead of multiple homescreens ? I'm using Ultimate version over Elegance because of this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)