FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Windows 7 and 1024x600 works!

712 posts
Thanks Meter: 204
 
By code72, Senior Member on 23rd October 2009, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Simply follow this guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=513638

after this:


Download this driver:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...Name=&lang=ita

Direct installation didn't works for me; i simply updated drivers into device manager (pointing to folder where i unzip drivers)

After system restart uncheck 3-4 prompts and voilà, if you switch resolutions from intel taskbar icon with aero enable it works (if i switch resolution with dedicated Shift's button, when i come back to 800x480 aero auto-disable (no BSOD HOWEVER )
 
 
24th October 2009, 12:06 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
This is indeed working and a great find for one of the last problem between w7 and the shift.
Thanks for the head up
25th October 2009, 03:49 PM |#3  
lucid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
YES !! Thank you !
Confirmed to work with a 7700 ultimate build English version.

You can switch from 800 to 1024 with the SHift screen res. change button,
it will keep the aero on !!

But.. if you want to switch back you must do it via the intel screenmanager
software. But hey, nice progress !!!!
26th October 2009, 02:44 AM |#4  
monx®'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Thanks Meter: 7,081
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid

Confirmed to work with a 7700 ultimate build English version.

You can switch from 800 to 1024 with the SHift screen res. change button,
it will keep the aero on !!

But.. if you want to switch back you must do it via the intel screenmanager
software. But hey, nice progress !!!!

working fine with latest driver from intel site. btw mine is build 7600
26th October 2009, 12:49 PM |#5  
lucid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Now..... I can switch with the hardware button from 800 to 1024 and aero
is always ON. Don't know what I did, I just followed the instructions !!

So, it is now at 100% working ! Anyone else with this much luck ?
27th October 2009, 02:21 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid

Now..... I can switch with the hardware button from 800 to 1024 and aero
is always ON. Don't know what I did, I just followed the instructions !!

So, it is now at 100% working ! Anyone else with this much luck ?

Same here, i don't know why, i think due to a windows update
27th October 2009, 02:32 PM |#7  
lucid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
And another annoyance bites the dust. Set the DPI settings to 125% in Win7
and you are looking at aero 1024x600 whilst still be able to read the screen
Nice. Very nice.
27th October 2009, 03:27 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
I tried but i think that 1024x600 with 125% zoom is similar to 800x480 with no zoom, am i wrong?
28th October 2009, 02:57 AM |#9  
monx®'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Thanks Meter: 7,081
 
Donate to Me
More
Just a word of warning. I'm running build 7600 & camera driver from windows 7 updates may cause bsod. make sure system restore in enabled before updating any driver. I'm not sure if its only me.
30th October 2009, 04:25 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Smile
Thank you for warning.
Now win7 is perfect, all works. The only feature i'd like 2 have is to rotate in portrait mode on "Seven" side
30th October 2009, 09:25 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Marvell Wifi update from Microsoft also cause a lot of problem. Go back to Vista driver from HTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monx®

Just a word of warning. I'm running build 7600 & camera driver from windows 7 updates may cause bsod. make sure system restore in enabled before updating any driver. I'm not sure if its only me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes