FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

need help coding app

265 posts
Thanks Meter: 77

Post Reply Email Thread
Ok so I've never coded in java before its all new to me and i am trying to make an app that would do the same as this (check it out here) old Motorola razr mod, the led's and screens would flash in a pattern when music was played or any vibration into the microphone. I thought this idea could make a cool app for android, so i have begun coding it, and i have pretty much got the interface setup, but when it comes to making the slider i added actually do anything i have no idea and i have no idea how to make buttons actually preform an action, also i have no idea how to go about controlling hardware on the phone like the microphone and various lights to flash. Is there any way anyone can help or give some tips i appreciate any input. Thus far my layout consist of a spinner to chose the different patterns for the lights to flash, then the start button, then a slider to choose how sensitive the microphone is to incoming vibrations. They do nothing yet cause i am not quite sure where to go from here. If you feel you can contribute any knowledge my way i will be grateful, the only coding i have done is minor html stuff although not much different than the xml code involved i have no idea what to do for the java part. Please Help.

Thank you much!

6th November 2009, 03:20 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8

More
You'll need to use the required APIs detailed here: http://developer.android.com/referen...dioRecord.html , I'm not sure you can actually control the sensitivity in Android as I haven't written any apps using the hardware as you want to. And this should help you out with the the backlight: http://developer.android.com/referen...erManager.html

So basically what you would need to do is set up an intent reciever that is listening to the mic, and when theres any input activate the brightness of the display.

For more detailed help I'd have to actually start coding to be of more help. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akshay
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashing screen, java, led's, motorola, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)