- our page on this Hard-SPL is always here: http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php
- license: you will just have to run the program on the PC with phone connected, normally you will not notice anything about the licensing, it is totally free for personal use!
- if you need help with license issues (when it says you already unlocked a device), you can send your message at: http://support.htc-unlocks.com
Hard-SPL Release Time!!!!
NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE
NOW UPDATED -> if you already installed HardSPL, you will not need this update. but if you are going to HardSPL only now, it applies to you (package will lead you to update link anyway).
Preface: okay, it was released only this weekend! but trust me the wait was worth it as it works really great and smooth now!
Licensing information: it's like with previous Hard-SPL unlockers - every user gets one free use of the Hard-SPL, further use is subject to paying a small amount per device.
however, if you are a private user, you can have other uses free on request if needed, such as using it on a replacement device.
the license is valid forever and all this works as transparently as possible, so for normal users nothing is noticable; while businesses who need to unlock more devices than that, can use the link inside the program to send payment or contact cmonex or Olipro if you want to discuss bulk unlocking.
contact info is: via support link at our site
IMPORTANT: please do not use this contact info for asking help for problems unrelated to licensing unless you are a paying customer. other messages will not be answered - instead you can use this thread to post about your issues!!!
0) this package is for Rhodium CDMA-GSM worldphone version only (CDMA Touch Pro 2, not the original Touch Pro) devices. only RHOD400, RHOD500 modelids are accepted. this Hard-SPL supports WM6.5.
1) if you have Vista / Windows 7, WMDC update to 6.1 (or whatever is latest) is recommended.
Instructions: read this if unsure how to install Hard-SPL... if you are an experienced user then you'll probably not need to read most of this but if you are unsure or run into an issue, then you should read the following!
1) download newest RhodiumW Hard-SPL package and extract this to an empty folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!! the device needs to be connected to Activesync or WMDC via USB cable. and it must not be in Flight/Airplane mode (i.e. the phone part should be on).
3) internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and for the license.
4) run Rhodium-HardSPL.exe on your PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). running it on XP requires Admin logon, and Vista/Windows 7 will automatically prompt to allow it to run in Admin mode, so allow it please.
important: if you get an antivirus warning, please ignore it, it contains no harmful code (just used a packer to compress it). if you encounter DEP errors, then add it to the exception list in DEP settings.
5) follow steps as prompted in the Hard-SPL program. if this is the first run of Hard-SPL on a device after hard reset, you must select Automatic flash mode (the first button in Welcome screen).
notes: you should usually go for Automatic flash mode; the Manual flash option is only to be used as noted below - any other errors triggered while running in Autoflash mode will have to be fixed as instructed in the error message.
6) it will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing, press OK.
7) now it should go through without any error messages, if one does pop up, then please follow the instructions included in the error text. if no specific instruction is shown, then ask for help in the forums, but this should not ever occur (as this means a really fatal error occurred).
at this point the device did hopefully went to a black screen. this is the SSPL version, which is temporary. then RUU (Rom Update Utility) will instantly launch.
9) some notes: when RUU says it will perform a hard reset and cause data loss, do not worry, it is not going to do this. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
10) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
11) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.00.OliNex, which is the current Hard-SPL version.
NOTE 1: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter SPL to check version, you need the following key combination: Power Button + Volume Down + Reset Button. means, do a soft reset while holding the "volume down" key and power key on the side of the device. hold these keys until you see a special tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode.
NOTE 2: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs (except of course some Radio roms). also, this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one, so if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package is posted on our site. use this relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty, and only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. see steps in the next post about how to reflash stock SPL.
NOTE 3: anyone having USB connection problems with the device after it already entered SSPL mode, please copy SSPL-Manual-Rhodium.exe from SSPL-Manual-RhodiumW.zip (available on our site), copy it to the device and run it. then once the screen has gone black, run the Hard-SPL package on the PC and you must select Manual flash option. *important*: make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and device is synced to Windows Mobile even if doing manual method.
NOTE 4: do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team will flash to make SSPL more secure. if you want to flash some other rom, then use shipped RUU or a customRUU if you need to flash cooked ROMs.
NOTE 5: supported OS versions: both 32-bit and 64-bit XP, Vista, Windows 7RC and later. Windows 2000 was untested, and pre-RC win7 (lower than build 7100) is explicitly not supported. also, the program may be unstable or not work on Virtual systems, so it's recommended to try outside Virtual OS software.
Troubleshooting: and Step by Step on reflashing stock SPL: are in next post below!
first, "OliNex" is a team which means: cmonex + Olipro
Olipro -> concept of EXE program that runs on the PC, Hard-SPL concept, server-side license code and maintaining the licenses.
cmonex -> HSPL package on PC, SSPL loader for windows mobile and SSPL binary. Hard-SPL binary. (SSPL loader: partially based on haret and old pof&Olipro jumpspl code),
Donations are always appreciated, the Hard-SPL program will provide you with a link at the end of the process to make it easier. any little helps!!! Thank you!
and now enjoy!