FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Tilt2HWKeyboard.cab

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kampfer, Member on 9th November 2009, 01:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all:

Seeking some help regarding the keyboard fix for tilt2. It was working fine for me when I use one of the official EUR 6.5 ROMs. I just flashed to a 6.5 WWE Hong Kong ROM with CHT and the cab is not working. I believe possibly because of the different IME for Chinese or the newer version of the ROM?

Instead of a cab is there some keys I can change/add to registry to fix that problem? It's driving me crazy not able to type properly...

Thanks in advance!!

9th November 2009, 05:34 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
I eneded up using the hwkeyboard cab to get the right FN and shift key....then I added takrim's keyboard control and reassigned all the keys to the correct place. Here's the XML file you can load to get all the keys...unzip and open keyboard config -> load -> and choose the xml file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KeyboardConfig.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.1 KB, 170 views)
9th November 2009, 07:58 PM |#3  

More
thanks for the xml, im having an issue with my numbers and symbols not working and this one seemed to remap it correctly when i put it into the keyboard config. However, the OK button is the FN button, and the FN button is caps lock, and im not sure what the capslock/shift button does (but it doesn't do anything when i press it)! :-p. Is there a way to swap them in the config? i tried to do it myself but could only find how to create a rule and i dont think thats correct. Thanks!
9th November 2009, 10:19 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
install Toleraen's Tilt2KWKeyboard cab....for my initial testing it fix the FN and shift key but nothing else...

so now I have both the hwkeyboard cab installed - to fix FN and shift. Then use keyboard config + my XML for the rest.

Give it a try
9th November 2009, 10:20 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Again. All the stuff you need.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Tilt2HWKeyboard.cab - [Click for QR Code] (2.2 KB, 492 views)
File Type: zip RhodiumKbdControl_GSM_1.3.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (130.5 KB, 253 views)
File Type: zip KeyboardConfig.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.1 KB, 222 views)
3rd August 2010, 02:29 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have downloaded these three files, but I do not know how to load them into my Tilt2. They don't unzip to .cab files. Could anyone help me with some instructions here?

Thanks in advance
4th August 2010, 07:40 PM |#7  
Flag Leiden

More
RQDHD2 cab
Iam now using this fix and it worked for me and i can still sync with outlook

When i use HW keybord SIP keybord wil also hide
8th December 2010, 08:12 PM |#8  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Cool
Works beautifully, thanks!
28th December 2010, 01:19 AM |#9  

More
Thumbs up
I got to modify your 'Keyboardconfig.xml" one-by-one as it is not working for mine. This may due to different ROM version. Anyway, attached my copy of .xml file & I'm using WME version of ROM. Hope this help those having same problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KeyboardConfig.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 25 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)