FORUMS

Wake up the phone with every button

130 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By mylostnick, Senior Member on 10th November 2009, 09:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all.
I know there's a registry hack to wake up the phone with every button, not only with the ON/OFF button but I'm not able to find the topic. I can't find the right words to search...

Can someone help me? Thank u very much for all u do here. Bye
10th November 2009, 09:14 PM |#2  
ZuinigeRijder's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 208
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylostnick

Hi all.
I know there's a registry hack to wake up the phone with every button, not only with the ON/OFF button but I'm not able to find the topic. I can't find the right words to search...

Can someone help me? Thank u very much for all u do here. Bye

It is just a windows mobile setting:
Start -> Settings -> System -> Key lock -> do not lock keys (or something like that, I have a dutch phone).

Make sure you have a good locking solution, like TouchLockPro, because your phone will awake regularly when the keys are pressed.
10th November 2009, 09:38 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi ZuinigeRijder.
First of all thank u for ur reply.
Then, unfortunately I can't find these options on my phone (in the latest three different ROMs I've tried these options are no more in the settings, one 6.1 and two 6.5 ROMs).
Some times ago I've found a post with a registry hack to obtain that result.
But now I can't find that post anymore.

Thank u very much
10th November 2009, 10:24 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Sorry, I've found it!!!
And here it is for all who need it:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd\DefaultKeyLock
set it to 0 and all the hardware keys will wake up the phone.
Thank you for all.
13th November 2009, 08:09 AM |#5  
RelicXII's Avatar
Member
Flag Townsend, DE (USA)
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Actually here is the easier way. Install this control panel app, to control the key lock. Its made by HTC, and has been included on their devices for a looong time now. But I do believe certain OEM's/Carriers remove this for some unknown reason.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC KeyLock.cab - [Click for QR Code] (21.5 KB, 379 views)
13th November 2009, 12:06 PM |#6  
sakana's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
doesen't work
13th November 2009, 12:26 PM |#7  
Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm trying to do the opposite...I'm trying to disable all keys wake up...but that registry entry and HTC key lock app doesnt work for my HD2.
13th November 2009, 06:53 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelicXII

Actually here is the easier way. Install this control panel app, to control the key lock. Its made by HTC, and has been included on their devices for a looong time now. But I do believe certain OEM's/Carriers remove this for some unknown reason.

Thank u for this info!
This explains why I had this tool in the original ROM but I haven't found it in the next cooked ROMs I tried!
Bye-
14th November 2009, 02:27 AM |#9  
RelicXII's Avatar
Member
Flag Townsend, DE (USA)
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakana

doesen't work

Did you soft reset after installation?

And I would have no idea why it doesn't work on the HD2??
30th November 2009, 04:14 PM |#10  
Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Question Confirmed - Key Lock Cab on HD2 Does not Work
Confirmed, loaded the Key Lock cab, reset phone.
Start>Settings>All Settings>System>Key Lock -
elected <Lock all buttons except for power button>
Reset the Phone
Phone can still be powered back on by any hardware button
Would appreciate any assistance.
1st December 2009, 08:54 AM |#11  
RelicXII's Avatar
Member
Flag Townsend, DE (USA)
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennyb

Confirmed, loaded the Key Lock cab, reset phone.
Start>Settings>All Settings>System>Key Lock -
elected <Lock all buttons except for power button>
Reset the Phone
Phone can still be powered back on by any hardware button
Would appreciate any assistance.

What device are you using? As far as I know this should work on most if not all HTC Winmo devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes