FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][18.Dez.09]MichasRefresh[v2 Final]&MichasSpecialRefresh[0.3!!!]-Refresh&Clean

2,222 posts
Thanks Meter: 272

By MichelDiamond, Retired Recognized Developer on 11th November 2009, 05:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Final Version of MichasRefresh now released!!!
This is a basic replacement of the other Refresh-applications like RedrawToday or TitaniumRefresh with more Refresh and also Hibernating
All further special wishes will be in MichasSpecialRefresh - this will change because of your feedback/input/suggestions - and what works, will stay, what doesn't work, will be kicked in next Beta-Versions
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I needed a little App - and I think perhaps it could be useful for you, too.

UPDATE: And because of your Questions now:
"MichasRefresh" as Final, which never should change since now in its parameters & "MichasSpecialRefresh", which should fulfil special wishes - both also as single .exe (in .zip) and with Shortcut on your Desktop (as .cab)

It's not really clear, what "RedrawToday" or "TitaniumRefresh" are doing exactly, but I know, they don't force WindowsMobile (or Titanium) to a quite niversal Refresh.
It's designed for all: Titanium or all Todays or TF3D.
Also it would be useful to clean a little RAM after a Refresh, which is no more used.
(I think with this Refresh a Wallpaper change should work, too)

So I developed a "as much as possible" universal refresh with cleaning and recognition, if Titanium or something else is active... but I hadn't an idea for a name... so I named it
"MichasRefresh.exe"

Changelog new v2-Final MichasRefresh.exe:

- no changes in parameters, but internals
- now the Refresh searches for Titanium-Installation the first time and so is be able to refresh it independent from language of ROM (before in some languages Titanium wasn't switched off and on while Refresh)

*Download new v2-Final MichasRefresh.exe as .zip (Final)*
*Download new v2-Final MichasRefresh as .cab to get Shortcut (Final)*
*Download MichasSpecialRefresh.exe (NEW!) as .zip (0.3 trial)*
*Download MichasSpecialRefresh as .cab to get Shortcut (0.2 trial)*

MichasRefresh.exe:
You have 2 additional Parameters (-nohibernate and -fast), which can be used, but mustn't be used - depends on your need.
Remark to Final against 1.1: One more Parameter, that some settings only be refreshed if parameter is set - please use this version

I explain, what happens, when you call it with or without Parameters:

If Today or TF3D is active:
MichasRefresh.exe
It will send Hibernate to all running applications, so they will be forced to free memory.
Afterwards it forces Windows Mobile to a complete Refresh
MichasRefresh.exe -nohibernate
Forces Windows Mobile to a complete Refresh without hibernating

MichasRefresh.exe -refreshSettings
Forces Windows Mobile to a Refresh of some more Settings (e.g. SIP, systemwide-settings, Changes of Policies)

( -fast has no effect in anything else than Titanium)

If Titanium is active:
MichasRefresh.exe
It switches off Titanium and refresh Windows Mobile (v2: and searches for correct key of Titanium independent from ROM language)
Then it will send Hibernate to all running applications, so they will be forced to free memory.
Then it activates Titanium again.
Afterwards it forces Windows Mobile/Titanium to a complete Refresh
MichasRefresh.exe -fast
Does hibernating and full Windows Refresh without disabling and re-enabling Titanium
MichasRefresh.exe -nohibernate
Same as MichasRefresh.exe without Parameter, but without hibernating(=cleaning RAM)
MichasRefresh.exe -refreshSettings
Forces Windows Mobile to a Refresh of some more Settings (e.g. SIP, systemwide-settings, Changes of Policies)

MichasRefresh.exe -nohibernate -fast
Only full Refresh of Windows Mobile and Titanium without anything else

--------

MichasSpecialRefresh (Beta! Please feedback what works and what not):
Here you can choose or combine this Parameters:
(Without Parameter it will do only a Refresh like MichasRefresh.exe -fast -nohibernate)

V0.3: All Parameters of V0.2 are now working a little bit in an other way - worth trying again

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -hibernate
Only with explicit this parameter it will also Hibernating (cleaning RAM)

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -restartTouchFlo
With this Parameter, TouchFlo will be switched off - then all the other Actions of Parameters will be done - and afterwards switched on again.
ATTENTION: In some Windows Mobile 6.5-Builds a Restart of TouchFlo doesn't work! then you need a SoftReset to get back to TouchFlo-but I think you know it

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -restartTitanium
With this Parameter, Titanium will be switched off - then all the other Actions of Parameters will be done - and afterwards switched on again. (New - now for all ROM-Languages, too - like MichasRefresh)

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -updateTodayItems
Any changes in Today will be updated - perhaps this could already work for some update-wishes - please feedback

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -updateTaskBar
I hope the TaskBar will be updated - I'm not sure - please feedback

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -updateSoftKeyBar
I hope the SoftKey-Bar will be updated - I'm not sure - please feedback

SpecialRefresh_0.3 new:

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -restartSense
Sense should be now restarted with this parameter (please tell me if Timeout is ok)

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -updateStartmenu
Should update Startmenu and perhaps also Lockscreen (please feedback)

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -forceRepaintWallpaper
Your wallpaper isn't updated - combine this parameter with the other Refresh command - it will force WinMo to set stwater

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -refreshWithAllParameters
ATTENTION: This combines ALL Parameters above to try them fast together. You don't know which Parameter has worked, but you will get a hint perhaps.

You can combine this Parameters, like you want, e.g.:

MichasSpecialRefresh.exe -hibernate -restartTitanium -updateTodayItems

-------------

I think with this apps - especially called without any parameter - will it be a really universal Refresh with more free RAM, too. And that we unfortunately hadn't in a small .exe... 'til now

BTW: A Full Titanium Refresh with Hibernating is as fast as TitaniumRefresh (depends on .cpr-size)

Please Feedback, if it works for special problems, too, which we had with the other "Refresher" ... e.g. updating wallpaper (st_water) or Titanium or TouchFlo had some strange behaviours after an incomplete Refresh.
You can also use it for Plugins, which needs a Disabling and Re-Enabling of Titanium after Installation.
So you can replace TitaniumRefresh.exe with this - then you have an universal Refresh and also Hibernation, if wished.

Besides: I'm as everytime not responsible for any damage, however it should go...
And this app is absolutely free for non-commercial use - feel free to use it, where you can need it.

Cheers
Micha
The Following User Says Thank You to MichelDiamond For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MichelDiamond Ad-Free

11th November 2009, 08:41 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
<reserved for probably later user>
11th November 2009, 10:20 PM |#3  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 83

Donate to Me
More
@Micha : Ok, i see your PM on FNO. I download and test tomorrow. Salut !
12th November 2009, 01:02 AM |#4  
Flag Las Piñas
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i was hoping that it would refresh the taskbar and softkey bar (i often change them) like when changing themes but it didn't...

i haven't notice any difference with CHome Refresh ...

thanks anyway MichelDiamond!
12th November 2009, 01:13 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
I just tested the exe without parameters. In Titanium it seems to refresh as it goes back to JML Today, this without switching off Titanium. In TouchFLO it does nothing but maybe it is because i have M2D, and this only works with M3D?
12th November 2009, 01:24 AM |#6  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I will give it a try.

btw, by "Refresh" you mean clean the RAM?

Merci.
12th November 2009, 07:15 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
@Jmhl: thx

@Claus: perhaps for slower devices or other shells it needs a little more timeout.
because it switches Titanium off,if it's active - and so it should swap to Default Plugin after Refresh.
In TouchFlo it doesn't switch it off,because TouchFlo has sometimess Probs with Restart.It refreshes Windows behind (but I could add something special for it,to give it a try - but as seperate .exe,ok? )
on my Diamond it does

@arturo,therem:
no,I mean both.
A real refresh and a clean.
refresh is broadcast to WinMo to Refresh (Taskbar is not included-that's Windows.... ^^ but I will have a look if this could be possible. how can I try it?)
And Windows makes only a better Refresh with deactivated Titanium,so it's done,while switched off for a second.
And frees RAM with Hibernate is something additional - please look before and after Refresh on your RAM-usage of your system.

Micha
12th November 2009, 10:04 AM |#8  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 83

Donate to Me
More
@Micha : perhaps add -refresh parameter (titanium refresh) in TICS ?

A++
12th November 2009, 06:57 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
@JMHL: Good idea - will update TICS also with this feature!

@ALL:

NEW Versions in Post#1!!!
I removed the other files before.

Like your wishes:

A little more timeout, that MichasRefresh.exe works on slower devices and added one more little further Refresh-Command.
So please use Version 1.1
Also I made it as .cab, too - it only installs it and provides an Shortcut in Startmenu - there you can also change the Parameters.

And as Trial:
MichasSpecialRefresh 0.2 Trial
Because of your questions for TaskBar, SoftKeyBar and so on - it seems that nobody has already soluted this problem - so I'm not sure, if it works - but it's worth trying.
Also I made there some more Parameters for TouchFlo and Titanium - please Feedback, which combinations works for your questions you had.
Description in Post #1

Please Feedback

Cheers
Micha
12th November 2009, 09:35 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
To everybody, who has downloaded the first Version - please change it to 1.1.

The Beta of special - we will see, how it works.

I've deleted the former download

Hope now it's fine

Micha
12th November 2009, 10:48 PM |#11  
Flag Las Piñas
Thanks Meter: 1

More
MichasSpecialRefresh_0.2: did NOT refresh the TaskBar and SoftkeyBar.

my shortcut:
Quote:

98#"\Storage Card\MichasSpecialRefresh_0.2\MichasSpecialRefresh .exe" -updateTaskBar -updateSoftKeyBar

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jmlpanex, plugin, tics, titanium, windows mobile 6.5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)