EDIT: Unboxing Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8eVv-BnzSY
- The box is smaller than X1, well packaged, simple but clever and proper
- A 4GB micro SD is included, along with a 1500 mAh Battery (same battery as X1), standard USB charging wall (mains) plug and USB-microUSB cable, a little user manual, and cool Sony earphones / handsfree
- It comes with what seems to be a TV OUT CABLE INCLUDED ?? (lemme check this one and confirm -> EDIT: CONFIRMED !! TV out cable included, see pic down)
- BUILD QUALITY is WAY better than X1 or any HTC plastic phone (comparing to the (HD2 and Diamond2/Pure right now): this phone has METAL all around and just feels SOLID but LIGHTER than X1
- The phone has a SOLID, METALLIC FEEL not found on my other HTC plastic cheapo phones (HD2 / Diamond2)
- Slightly less weigth than X1
- Slightly bigger than X1, BUT THINNER, even with the slick "grab me from here" bulks in the battery cover. NOT AS BULKY AS RHODIUM.
- NEW battery COVER: METALLIC, sleek (easy to take with both hands to thumb type), and it has a RELEASE BUTTON that makes it very easy to remove without struggling with come cramped holes or using a knife to open it: just push the release button and plop it goes from right to left (sort of oppening a chest)
- The SIM compartment has been redesigned too: another improvement over X1
- The micro SD slot is besides the SIM holder, accessible from the outside once you twist-open the battery door.
- New stylus design, easyer to grab (just to test... I never use it )
Used to Captain slow's X1 boot time, I pressed powwe and put it over the table to take a look at the USB cable... UPS... IT WAS ON AND READY in no time, so I can not drescribe the boot process, all I can say is it was FAST
- THE SCREEN IS GORGEOUS, WOW !! Bright and crips. Not capacitive, but brighter and crispier than the HTC Diamond2 sitting by its side. THIS IS DEFINITIVELY NOT THE SAME SCREEN FROM THE X1, THIS ONE IS WAY BETTER
- The new keyboard layout is OMG... GREAT: good feedback, solid buttons, control key, shortcut for video out, etc etc etc... just as looking as a tiny standard PC keyboard - SCORE on this one !!
- 8.1 Megapixel with flash and geotagging I gotta feeeling I ain't sleeping tonite !! Hmmm... WVGA video recording with LED light anyone ?? Yesss.
- THE DEFAULT TILES PANEL IS AMAZING, the animations come from another world, and it is VERY useful
- SONY HAS REVAMPED MOST ICONS FROM THE STOCK WinMo 6.5 START MENU, and has face-lifted many interfaces as the "create a new mail account" dialogue. COOL and finger friendly !!
EDIT: I just found it has a menu to CUSTOMIZE INPUT FEEDBACK with TWO BIG LEDs located at the top and bottom of the phone, and HAPTIC FEEDBACK (vibration at touch) too. Sweeeet.
Charging while turned off, it has a battery animation on screen
EDIT: Video Explanation of the new "SlideView" UI which replaced X1's simpler Panel Manager: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUFd5XZ0tyg & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_DkpP0oXGU
EDIT: VIDEO playback performance comparison, X1 vrs X2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTKEz30SHNE
EDIT: Sample video taken with the SE X2, at full 800x480 (WVGA) resolution, in a dark place with the LED light on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsDXzr4004M
EDIT: Some SCREEN CAPTURES pics at post 2 (scroll down)
EDIT: Raw ROM dump, panels, theme etc here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=585722
EDIT: PDF User guide / Quick start and papers download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2P5PH4R
More to come as it emerges ...