FORUMS

[PHONE CANVAS] [VGA] [LEO] [2G] Released And testing others

1,091 posts
Thanks Meter: 176

By pyrorob, Senior Member on 17th November 2009, 08:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok, Everybody heres a finished (to my comfort) dialer that as far as i can see works properly.
I'll say its working at 99.999 percent and as with all the other canvases, landscape is not perfect.

its primarily for manila 2.5 but can work with 2.1, its 2G so no video calling but does have conference and works preaty smooth.

just quit cprog (and phcanvga.exe if you have it), install and then soft reset.

Cab pyrorob_gullum_Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_2G_4_2_V2. cab

Package: pyrorob_gullum_Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_2G_4_2_V2. rar

for those with the energy rom, heres a theme to match: pyrorob PhoneCanvas 4.2 EnergyRom Theme.cab install after the main install, soft reset.
19th November 2009, 06:41 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hudson, NC

Donate to Me
More
So, i do want to thank everyone here and those who donate there time with this. I really appreciate this and am thankful for everyones help.

short statement:
we are a community of people helping each other to better our devices and only a tiny fraction of all the users contribute.
its great when it happens and no one should expect accolades or payment for there creativity.
(dont get me started on people who will only release things on this site until they get paid, i think it stifles the advancement of the community as a whole).

Now, i do want to specifically thank amarullz, whose phcanvga.exe im using, which without it, would have seriously hampered this and gullum who has been absolutely helpful and all the testers.
19th November 2009, 07:32 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hudson, NC

Donate to Me
More
Phone Canvases in testing:

pyrorob Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_2G_3_0_1916_3532_2_ERom_T heme.cab
manila 2.1 compatible,no curtain, energyrom theme and confrence calling
pyrorob PhoneCanvas_4_3_35776_01.cab
manila 2.1 compatible,no curtain, confrence calling,AT&T video share and AT&T ptt (push to talk).
19th November 2009, 08:08 AM |#4  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi Pyrorob, Im sure many people here are like me and read your posts, use your fixes, but dont know how to mod dialers and whatnot, so cant really offer help or suggestions with the things you are asking. It doesnt mean your efforst aren't appreciated though!

Regarding your dialer, it would be helpful if you posted a screenshot so we know what we're getting. And also some confirmations that we can uninstall the cab and it will restore our previous dialer without any issues etc. It probably also pays to mention not to use SKTools as you said in the EnergyROM thread it can totally delete the phone canvas and you wont be able to get back the one prior to install

Out of interest just how DO you do something like this anyway? Im a computer programmer but dont know anything about working on the phones. Like what language is the dialer written in? Do you have access to the code and can make changes that way, or are you just trying to resize images and hex edit things inside resource files or exe/dlls etc (eg x and y offsets)?
19th November 2009, 09:27 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks pyrorob, I'll give it a whirl, and I'll be sure and post if I have any thoughts.
19th November 2009, 10:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Okay, so I can't get it to install. Says "Installation was unsuccessful. The program or settign cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions." I used dotfred's taskmanager to kill cprog, and put the phone into airplane mode. Any ideas?
19th November 2009, 12:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfun

Okay, so I can't get it to install. Says "Installation was unsuccessful. The program or settign cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions." I used dotfred's taskmanager to kill cprog, and put the phone into airplane mode. Any ideas?

Also kill phcanvga.exe.
19th November 2009, 03:44 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hudson, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow420

Hi Pyrorob, Im sure many people here are like me and read your posts, use your fixes, but dont know how to mod dialers and whatnot, so cant really offer help or suggestions with the things you are asking. It doesnt mean your efforst aren't appreciated though!

Regarding your dialer, it would be helpful if you posted a screenshot so we know what we're getting. And also some confirmations that we can uninstall the cab and it will restore our previous dialer without any issues etc. It probably also pays to mention not to use SKTools as you said in the EnergyROM thread it can totally delete the phone canvas and you wont be able to get back the one prior to install

Out of interest just how DO you do something like this anyway? Im a computer programmer but dont know anything about working on the phones. Like what language is the dialer written in? Do you have access to the code and can make changes that way, or are you just trying to resize images and hex edit things inside resource files or exe/dlls etc (eg x and y offsets)?

yes, i understand that, the only thing is, i didn't just open a thread and waited, i sent out a bunch of pm's to different people that i know knew the specifics of what to do and how to do it right and no one even had the decency to even reply. its like people think of this as some sort of competition..

yeah if you just follow the same steps to uninstall as you did to install then youll be fine. basically the dll's for the canvas have a bunch of positioning resources and thru lots of trial and error i managed to get things to where they are now.
19th November 2009, 04:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
I checked out your canvas on my Touch Pro.
The only think I noticed (except of the back button on the top right corner you mentioned) is that the left soft button "All People" does not work for me.
When I press it it changes from "All People" to "Contacts" and Manila crashes in the Background.

Any hints?
19th November 2009, 06:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 248

More
I have the same sig as above and dialer is working great! Only few bugs i see are what was mentioned already, especially with the all people left sofkey. Another is when you place a call the top taskbar is gone, small rezizing issue exactly the same as with rhodium dialer. If u hit keypad the taskbar comes back then tap call status to go back and the taskbar stays. Maybe get it to stay from the get go when you first make a call? All the features seem to work and landscape seems smoother then rhodium with it. Sorry cant help you with the technical side but always a happy beta tester. Just work out the few kinks, give it a makeover, good to go!!!
19th November 2009, 06:19 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 248

More
I have the same sig as above and dialer is working great! Only few bugs i see are what was mentioned already, especially with the all people left sofkey. Another is when you place a call the top taskbar is gone, small rezizing issue exactly the same as with rhodium dialer. If u hit keypad the taskbar comes back then tap call status to go back and the taskbar stays. Maybe get it to stay from the get go when you first make a call? All the features seem to work and landscape seems smoother then rhodium with it. Sorry cant help you with the technical side but always a happy beta tester. Just work out the few kinks, give it a makeover, good to go!!!
P.S.
One more thing. If you're in landscape already say writint a text message, then press the call button to bring up the dialer, the screen goes into portrait mode with the dialer while it should be in landscape. Then you have to close the hardware keyboard, reopen, now dialer is in landscape.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)