FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery calibration: for good battery life

1,572 posts
Thanks Meter: 18
 
By saurabh88, Senior Member on 18th November 2009, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Battery calibration is simply done by running it down completely until the phone shuts off by itself...
Then remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, insert again, repeat...
If the phone shuts off again in less than a few minutes you're done.
Now remove battery and hold power button for 1minute.then insert battery.dont switch on the phone. plug the charger and recharge the battery fully until the green light is on...
then remove battery,hold power button for few seconds,insert it and switch on the phone...
yes its done......
do this initially once in 3-4months when the phone is new.then ince a month after a year to gain maximum battery performance...

REMEMBER THIS WILL NOT DRAMATICALLY IMPROVE YOUR BATTERY LIFE....
BUT THIS WILL SAVES YOUR NEW ONE TO BE DEAD BEFORE AGE
DONT EXPECT MORE FOR ALREADY SWOLLEN OR DIED BATTERY...
 
 
18th November 2009, 01:18 PM |#2  
saurabh88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kapadwanj
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
no one is interested to test it?
4th December 2009, 11:02 PM |#3  
dubravk0's Avatar
Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 105
 
Donate to Me
More
tested, working fine, but i haven't impoved battery life, and also my battery works same as first day. I recommend to use this on all types of batteries LiIon, NiCd etc...
5th December 2009, 03:30 AM |#4  
saurabh88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kapadwanj
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubravk0

tested, working fine, but i haven't impoved battery life, and also my battery works same as first day. I recommend to use this on all types of batteries LiIon, NiCd etc...

yes this works when you loose your first few % from 100- 80 very rapidly and then your battery become stable...
ok thanx for feedback...
5th December 2009, 04:50 AM |#5  
oza_crazy's Avatar
Member
Flag Surabaya kota Pahlawan
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh88

Battery calibration is simply done by running it down completely until the phone shuts off by itself. Then remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, insert again, repeat. If the phone shuts off again in less than a few minutes you're done.remove battery and hold power button for 1minute.then insert battery.dont switch on the phone. plug the charger and recharge the battery fully until the green light is on.then remove battery,hold power buttin for few seconds,insert it and switch on the phone...do this initially once in 3-4months when the phone is new.then ince a month after a year to gain maximum battery performance

yupz... u're right bro...
i am a flashing junkies and i always do this after flashing to WM 6.5 ROM.
last nite i've just flashing Onyx 5.1.1 ROM (the fastest WM6.5 ROM i felt) . well.. as expected from every WM6.5... battery drain veeeerry Fast!

i just use it normally till switched off on it's own. then charge the battery (while my elfin still turned off) and...

voila....
from 08 pm last nigt till 12.00 am today, it's only consumed 10%!!!

WOW!!!
in fact, i use G-alarm (which usually drain my battery faster in WM6.5).
and this morning, it's need 30 minutes my G-alarm ringing to woke me up.

5th December 2009, 01:09 PM |#6  
saurabh88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kapadwanj
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Talking
YES I WANT THAT ALL MEMBER SHOULD TRY THIS AND GIVE THEIR FEEDBACK..
6th December 2009, 05:50 AM |#7  
anupambbatra's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
@saurabh bro i tried it...but it dnt workd...
while doin battery calibration thru ur method i came across this thng-
wen power shuts and i wait for 10sec and reinsert the battery and switch on d phn...it gets on smart mobility screen appears and then htc logo cums ,phn gets switchd off....to my surprize it again restarts.,.i havnt presd the power button dis tym...wat shud i do...????
6th December 2009, 10:51 AM |#8  
Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I´m Interested!
What i do?
6th December 2009, 11:19 AM |#9  
saurabh88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kapadwanj
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupambbatra

@saurabh bro i tried it...but it dnt workd...
while doin battery calibration thru ur method i came across this thng-
wen power shuts and i wait for 10sec and reinsert the battery and switch on d phn...it gets on smart mobility screen appears and then htc logo cums ,phn gets switchd off....to my surprize it again restarts.,.i havnt presd the power button dis tym...wat shud i do...????

well is this happen after the callibration?
6th December 2009, 03:38 PM |#10  
fcukx3's Avatar
Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Its working :d :d
13th December 2009, 12:43 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I´m going to test it ..but: One question

how did you figure this out?

and what should the pressing of the powerbutton do .when no batterie is in it? :)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes