By thekingevrock, Junior Member on 19th November 2009, 02:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd January 2010, 08:53 PM |#51  
Flag Broomfield, CO
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir

I installed in on my device, actually I don't even have a card yet.

I tell ya, I could be wrong but I'm really thinking this must be something that is hard coded into the Verizon Launcher programs.

Last night I spent hours going over the registry searching for OperaL, Opera9 and even just Opera and I couldn't find anything that either wasn't already changed, or was completely irrelevant, at least as far as I could tell.

The only thing I wondered about was that there were a few entries in the Task Manger thing which I left as they were all zero'ed from what I'm thinking is as a result of a memory saving cab I installed.

An yes I installed Opera 10 before I installed the cab.

So, so far everything else I know will open Opera 10 but my TF3D Browser tab and Weather Tab if I click on the "more info" will not, which ironically are the very two I would want more then anything.

Sounds like there is quite a difference between TMO and Verz version.
Have you tried starting a discussion over at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1569119? I did a little looking around but could not find anything.
5th January 2010, 04:54 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Thumbs up Make Opera Mobile 10 Default Browser Fix
In response to dsixda's post with the reg fixes to make the browser default again, it didn't work for me.. as Opera was cooked into the ROM I'm using and there was no Opera folder in the "Program Files" folder either on the device itself or the sd card, so I used his cab file and it didn't work quite for me, because his reg entries point to "\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10\" I've recompiled a new cab file with the needed Registry fixes to point to "\Windows\"

Have fun everyone.

P.S. Also attached registry file (rename it to xxx.reg) in case you don't want to install a cab file (you can import it), you should replace the directory path to point to whichever folder "Opera10-armv4i.exe" is located in.
6th January 2010, 07:34 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
still no working on Stock Sprint TP2 thanks for the hard work tho, I would love to get rid of Opera 9.7
11th January 2010, 10:25 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Opera Mobile 10 - Push Pages
Reading through this post, it's pretty clear that different people/ROMs/setups have differnt problems.

In my case (using EnergyROM_21885_RAPHAEL_24.Dec.2009_Standard):

(1) After installing and launching Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u, it asked whether I wanted it to be the default browser. I replied "yes", and now Opera 10 opens when clicking links anywhere (e.g. in email) and also when clicking "Launch Browser" from the Internet tab.

(2) I changed \Windows\27c65cbd_manila so that clicking the Opera icon in the Internet tab will launch Opera 10, as well as clicking bookmarks inside the Bookmarks page that is accessed from the Internet tab.

(3) What I'm missing are functional Push Pages. Clicking push page icons in the Internet tab launches the old Opera 9.

I assume there is another registry setting or file (most probably) that needs to be changed. Any ideas will be welcome.

- Shay
15th January 2010, 06:09 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 700

More
Works for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tims31

Easiest way I found was to uninstall Opera 10 and also delete the profile folder then reinstall and it asks if you wish to set as default browser? Select yes and that has it set as default without having to change the registry entries

Worked for me! And I spent hours and hours trying to change registry settings, etc. and it turned out to be this simple!!
Now how do I get rid of Opera9 to save some memory space? It doen't show up in "Remove Programs>
18th January 2010, 04:10 PM |#56  

More
Hey guys just thought I would make a post that I finally was able to get Opera10 as my default for the TF3D internet tab.

So along with, installing it and replying yes to the default thing and using the Make it the default cab here on this tread, and with adding the proper lines in InternetPortal-en-US.xml, what I found finally did it was to set the parameter, Internet.SetOperaForeground found at HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila from 1 to 0.

After that I get Opera10 from that tab, as well too all the parameters in InternetPortal-en-US.xml like the default start page are all working now!

Good stuff.

So far the only thing that won't start in Opera10 is the More Detail Online>> thing on the Weather page.

At any rate just thought would post about that one and btw if anyone knows how to remove those 4 add a push page options and the search banner box from that tab please let me know.

Thanks.
20th January 2010, 08:47 PM |#57  
Flag Hatillo

More
Thanks for the .Cab, but I also haved to make a small registry change:
Content of /HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/EFBROWSER
0 = Opera Browser
1 = "\Storage Card\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10\Opera10-armv4i.exe"
2 = 1
3 = 0

After that Opera was my default browser, working with manilla, on my At&t Fuze
31st January 2010, 02:11 AM |#58  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 65

More
The reg and cab dont seem to work on my htc touch hd the touchflo doesnt update but everything else Windows does.
20th February 2010, 08:37 PM |#59  
Flag Willow Spring

More
Upgrade from Opera 9 to 10 Tilt2
Can someone priovide me detailed instructions for entry level user? I see reference to registry entries etc and this is all greek to me. Thanks!
25th February 2010, 05:21 PM |#60  
Inactive Recognized Themer
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 856

Donate to Me
More
no joy....
I am on a diamond with wm 6.5 and I installed the Opera 10 B3 Repack (No Prompts/Flash Lite/Rotation/More) from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1458
Apparently the cab also makes it your default browser after install, however this is not working. When opening a link from RSSHub I get a error saying the html file cannot be openend.
I have tried all the suggestions, also corrected the path to lead to "\InternalStorage\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10\Opera10-armv4i.exe" (yes, InternalStorage is one word on my ROM on the diamond...)

I also dont use TouchFlo, only need it to simply open links from RSSHub.
Apart from that, the browser works perfectly.

Any suggestions? is there something "special" on the diamond, other reg settings to alter?

Thanks,
Geen

UPDATE: I just installed on device, worked "out the box" as it should... Seems like it is not possible (at least not for me...) to have it installed on the Internal Storage of the diamond... will keep trying
2nd March 2010, 02:02 AM |#61  
Flag Bay Area, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir

Hey guys just thought I would make a post that I finally was able to get Opera10 as my default for the TF3D internet tab.

So along with, installing it and replying yes to the default thing and using the Make it the default cab here on this tread, and with adding the proper lines in InternetPortal-en-US.xml, what I found finally did it was to set the parameter, Internet.SetOperaForeground found at HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila from 1 to 0.

After that I get Opera10 from that tab, as well too all the parameters in InternetPortal-en-US.xml like the default start page are all working now!

Good stuff.

So far the only thing that won't start in Opera10 is the More Detail Online>> thing on the Weather page.

At any rate just thought would post about that one and btw if anyone knows how to remove those 4 add a push page options and the search banner box from that tab please let me know.

Thanks.

I did the registry cab and this and VOILA! even works on "more info..." tab in weather on my TMOUS TP2. Awesome you guys are tops!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)