Some other simple but cool things I discovered:
* You can use the album app to crop pictures. Just pinch-to-zoom until the part you want fills the screen, then tap the screen, tap the icon on the bottom right and choose the second option from the menu. In Dutch it's called 'Schermafbeelding opslaan'. It will save a cropped copy of your pic.
* Here's a registry entry I found: "HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/InternetPush/EnablePushInternet". It's set to 0 by default. I'm not really interested in push internet, so I haven't experimented with this, but it seems you can enable it if you want.
* Sometimes touch scrolling gets in the way of selecting text. If you want to select text, the solution depends on the context, but to start you just tap-and-hold anywhere:
-- In Opera, you can switch text selection on/off in the context menu;
-- In some apps (like while reading an e-mail message) you get a pop-up menu where the first option is 'make selection' ('selectie maken' on my Dutch device);
-- In Word, just before the pop-up menu appears, you see this: '[T]'. As soon as it appears, move your finger and you'll be able to select text!
* If you like the Footprints app but prefer full size pictures to those square 'polaroids', there's an option to save a full sized copy whenever you create a 'Footprint' (Footprints tab -> Menu -> Settings).
* The 'me' entry in the People app stores your 'owner' info. I know this is widely known by now, partly because I've been posting it everywhere, but I still see so many people complaining they can't register their applications (Resco stuff, SKtools)... because the can't find the old owner info icon. I have registered both Resco Explorer and SKtools perfectly fine without ever bringing the owner info icon back.