FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Crud Scraper - automatic uninstaller

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By pyromosh, Junior Member on 21st November 2009, 07:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I just wanted to announce a little app I wrote in response to a request over here.

In a nutshell it just goes through your device, checks against a list of software in a config file, and lets you check off the ones you'd like to uninstall. Then it removes those apps from your file system and the registry.

This is my first windows mobile app. It's fairly simple, but if anyone finds any bugs, please let me know.

Right now there is only a config file for the HTC Tilt 2. If anyone would like to write a config file for other devices (Rhodium or not), I've included documentation on how to do so, and I'd be happy to help.

You can grab the Tilt 2 version of Crud Scraper here.

Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Tilt 2 for AT&T.zip - [Click for QR Code] (42.5 KB, 3267 views)

21st November 2009, 07:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromosh

Hello,

I just wanted to announce a little app I wrote in response to a request over here.

In a nutshell it just goes through your device, checks against a list of software in a config file, and lets you check off the ones you'd like to uninstall. Then it removes those apps from your file system and the registry.

This is my first windows mobile app. It's fairly simple, but if anyone finds any bugs, please let me know.

Right now there is only a config file for the HTC Tilt 2. If anyone would like to write a config file for other devices (Rhodium or not), I've included documentation on how to do so, and I'd be happy to help.

You can grab the Tilt 2 version of Crud Scraper here.

So essentially this is an uninstaller that gets rid of everything left by an app?

dwizzy130
21st November 2009, 08:30 AM |#3  
Saratoga Springs Utah
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can you post the cab right here? I have an aggressive firewall that I don't control that prohibits your linked site as 'Free Pages' ..sheesh!
21st November 2009, 09:29 AM |#4  
That sounds good and i will test it on the Rhodium 100 aka Touch Pro 2. Will report later.
21st November 2009, 01:16 PM |#5  
Flag Eau Claire, WI
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Love the icon

I ran it after having removed 90% of what it scrapes, and it worked like a charm. Thanks, great utility!

~Eric
21st November 2009, 11:10 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130

So essentially this is an uninstaller that gets rid of everything left by an app?

dwizzy130

That's right. It can either uninstall an app, or finish removing what's left of an app that was not properly uninstalled.
21st November 2009, 11:14 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badiubronco

Can you post the cab right here? I have an aggressive firewall that I don't control that prohibits your linked site as 'Free Pages' ..sheesh!

I didn't even realize the files could be hosted here as a normal user. I've just edited the main post of this thread to include the file you'll need.

Bear in mind that it's not a cab though. It's a zip file containing an exe and a config file for the Tilt 2. Just save those to the same folder on your device, run the exe, and the rest is self explanatory.
22nd November 2009, 03:15 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromosh

I didn't even realize the files could be hosted here as a normal user. I've just edited the main post of this thread to include the file you'll need.

Bear in mind that it's not a cab though. It's a zip file containing an exe and a config file for the Tilt 2. Just save those to the same folder on your device, run the exe, and the rest is self explanatory.

If you want me to cab it for you just ask cause it'll take me 2 seconds...

dwizzy130
22nd November 2009, 02:32 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It's got a good name. Sold !
26th November 2009, 05:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could you make a cab of this for the T-mobile Touch Pro 2 please?
26th November 2009, 07:46 PM |#11  
Flag Cranberry Twp, PA
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2nl

That sounds good and i will test it on the Rhodium 100 aka Touch Pro 2. Will report later.

Any luck with testing this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crapware, crud scraper, uninstaller

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)