FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KITCHEN][31MAR10]Gen.Y R5.5 MultiLANG Kitchen[WM6.1+6.5][SENSE2.1+2.5][P3700|T7272]

947 posts
Thanks Meter: 572

By yozgatg, Senior Member on 6th December 2009, 04:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread is meant for Kitchen discussion only! (e.g. problems with cooking, possible fixes and/or updates for the kitchen, etc.)

Pre-built stock Gen.Y ROMs ready for flashing (built using this kitchen)
GSM Touch Diamond (P3700)
Gen.Y D2: WM6.1 + SENSE 2.1
Gen.Y D2X: WM6.1 + SENSE 2.5
GSM Touch Pro (T7272)
Gen.Y TP2: WM6.1 + SENSE 2.1
Gen.Y TP2X: WM6.1 + SENSE 2.5

This is the same kitchen i've used for my Gen.Y D2 + D2X and TP2 + TP2X series. (so both GSM Touch Diamond and GSM Touch Pro compatible!)

The kitchen is prepared in 6 languages: SPA (0C0A), FRA (040C), WWE (0409), NLD (0413), GER (0407) and ITA (0410) (R5.1)

This kitchen is the culmination of months of development and hard work, so please pay credit where credit is due.
Kitchen includes packages from the Diamond, Tachi, official Topaz/Rhodium WM6.5 roms & official Leo ROM.

Original OEMDrivers has been seperated into OEMDrivers & BaseOEM in the EXT packages
All icons have been updated to fit a more modern ROM

Note: WM6.5 requires WM6.5 addon package

How to cook a ROM

Step 1: Extract the Kitchen
Extract Gen.Y-Kitchen-R5.3-MultiLANG-RELEASE.7z using 7zip to a folder of your choice. Be sure that there are no spaces between the names in the folder you're extracting to, or else you will have problems while building the rom
(e.g. C:\Touch Diamond is NOT OK!, use C:\TouchDiamond instead)

Step 2: Starting up
Once you've extracted the file, you can start the kitchen by launching Erviuskitchen.exe. Please note that Windows Vista/7 users will have to launch the program as an Administrator (right click -> launch as admin)

This is how it should look like:

Click on the button "Load ROM" and select the type of ROM you want to use as a Base. You can choose between Gen.Y D2 R5.5, Gen.Y D2X R2.6 or Gen.Y TP2 R5.5, Gen.Y TP2X R2.6 (this one is for Touch Pro users)*. Once you have loaded up your kitchen, you have the same setup i used for the release of my roms.

You could now just press "Create ROM" and build a stock Gen.Y ROM, however this kitchen is meant so users can create their personal Gen.Y ROMs (with only the stuff you need)

*For a WM6.5 ROM, see below.

Step 3: Customization
Once you've loaded a stock ROM, u can customize it to your own needs. U can exclude packages, add new packages, or edit some of the app.reg files to tweak it even more.

To exclude a package, u simply need to double-click on a package, and the packages will be disabled and not used while building the ROM.
Keep in mind however that some packages are required for some core functions of the ROM and/or TouchFlo3D. I did my best categorising the stuff in folders so it's easier to know which packages can be removed without affecting functionality. The "XtraADD" folder for example features all extra apps that can be removed and will not affect the core of the ROM. U could also choose to disable notification enhancement and use the older largetitlebar instead.

U can also change the Pagepool before building by pressing the "Other button" in the top right.

All you need to do is change the number after -PP to change the pagepool (12MB pagepool in this case)

Step 4: Building and flashing
Once you're ready, just go ahead and press the "Create ROM" button, this will take a while so go take a walk or something .
Once done, you will get a file called "ruu_signed.nbh" in the RELEASE_DIAMOND folder (or RELEASE_RAPHAEL for TP users).
This file is your ROM, it's built and now ready to be flash, this can be done in 2 ways:
- via PC: you can flash it by running CustomRUU (RaphaelWrapper for TP users),
- via Internal Storage: rename the file to "diamimg.nbh" ("raphimg.nbh" for TP users) and copy it to your device to flash it from the bootloader itself (faster)

How to use the addon package to cook a WM6.5 ROM

To build a WM6.5 ROM, extract the Gen.Y-Kitchen-R5.3-ADDON.7z file to a seperate folder.
Then delete/rename the OEM, ROM and SYS folders from the kitchen, and replace them with the ones that are in this package.
Do NOT remove the original Tools folder, but just copy the one over from this package. It includes the prebuild setup for a Gen.Y WM6.5 ROM.
Then load the Gen.Y D2/D2X/TP2 B21884 sample.erv and use the steps above to build a stock Gen.Y WM6.5 ROM.

Kitchen includes specific packages for WM6.5 (marked by _WM65)
6th December 2009, 04:49 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I would like to express my thanks to all of you who have provided me with feedback, bug reports and donations.
This Kitchen wouldn't have been the same without you.

If u like my work and would like to thank me for the time spent, you can always donate

Changelog Kitchen R5.5
Code:
Too much to write, check the changelog of D2 & D2X
Download

Gen.Y R5.5 MultiLANG MultiDEVICE KITCHEN
31/03/'10

* The WM6.5 addon package from R5.3 is compatible with R5.5, though u will need to update the .erv files yourself (select the new packages)

Previous Versions

Gen.Y R5.3 MultiLANG MultiDEVICE KITCHEN
30/01/'10

Gen.Y R5.3 MultiLANG MultiDEVICE Kitchen

Gen.Y R5.3 Kitchen WM6.5 Addon Package
* UPDATE: I forgot something in the .erv files, be sure to check "Real WM 6.5 AKU" before building a 6.5 rom!

Gen.Y R5.2 MultiLANG MultiDEVICE KITCHEN
10/01/'10

Gen.Y R5.2 MultiLANG MultiDEVICE Kitchen

Gen.Y R4.4 KITCHEN
15/12/'09

Gen.Y R4.4 MultiLANG MultiDEVICE Kitchen

Gen.Y R4 Kitchen WM6.5 Addon Package
* Be advised, this Addon is NOT compatible with R5.X

Gen.Y R4 KITCHEN

Gen.Y R4 MultiLANG MultiDEVICE Kitchen

Gen.Y R3 MultiLANG MultiDEVICE Kitchen

Gen.Y R2 MultiLANG Kitchen

Gen.Y R1.25 MultiLANG Kitchen
6th December 2009, 04:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Additional Packages

reserved
6th December 2009, 05:18 PM |#4  
Flag Sicily PALERMO
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey Yoz're a great man ...
Congratulations on your Hero
Surely in a while 'we'll see Android running on our Diamonds

Can you explain, if not 'difficult, how to change language to WM 6.5
6th December 2009, 05:43 PM |#5  
Retired News Writer
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Great!
Nice packages, really spares me a lot of time grabbing them from everywhere on the web. Thanks.
6th December 2009, 06:05 PM |#6  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Good to see your kitchen online here. Your ROMs are absolutely the best ROMs out here on XDA!
6th December 2009, 06:38 PM |#7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Croatia, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Just a little question, form which day is sense 2.5?

I see that amarullz, kisja and you constantly updateing Sense 2.5, that is why I ask
6th December 2009, 06:56 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Can you help me. I can't download from
http://rapidshare.com/files/31715257...-ADDON.7z.html
have you another link
6th December 2009, 06:59 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,
Great job but is there a way to get a mirror 'cause dl from rapidshare says it needs a premium account :S
Thx
6th December 2009, 07:55 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
mirror please
mediafire.....
6th December 2009, 08:22 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Very nice
Thanks for this hard work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread