39 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By PhoTonic, Member on 7th December 2009, 12:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2009, 11:44 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HTC's response
QUOTE=PhoTonic;5094757]Why in Gods name do they remove Voice Dialing? Thats like removing sms availability. Anyway to install this back?[/QUOTE]

Yeah,
I logged a support call with them, here's their response:

"With regards to voice recognition software, microsoft havn't updated the core program for this as is only compatible with windows mobile 6.0, until this happens there is no voice recognition software."

Feaking ridiculous, How can you have a high end phone with no voicedial features. I know that users at xda will find a way around the lack of voice speed dial, however for HTC to have left it out of the official ROM is unacceptable!

9th December 2009, 11:48 AM |#12  

More
thanks pals, i found another solution - a patch as a cab that enabled the long press. now only the BT activation is left out but found a version that claims to do it...
will check
9th December 2009, 12:02 PM |#13  

More
Voice Speed Dialing - final all over working solution
ok - as promissed - this is a full working solution:
works with a long press call button
works with BT (!!!)
you can even backup and restore voice tags so no need to re-record if you format etc
fully tested and i am glad as this is the most critical app i use - phone and voice dialing as i spend lots of time in the car
Attached Files
File Type: cab CVSD_1.2_build_61226_1_BTHeadsetFixed.cab - [Click for QR Code] (632.9 KB, 2012 views)
9th December 2009, 07:58 PM |#14  

More
It doesnt work for me with my bt-headset.
I cannot even record the voice with it. When I try to, the number is being called.
9th December 2009, 09:16 PM |#15  
Flag Bath
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thanks a lot for posting this cab. After installing it I added some voice tags but could not get the BT headset to activate the app. I then uninstalled Microsoft Voice Commander (which has never worked for me on the HD2) and did a soft reset. Voice tags had gone so recorded new ones. This app now works with my BT headset.
9th December 2009, 11:47 PM |#16  
Flag Lisbon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeevG

works with BT (!!!)
you can even backup and restore voice tags so no need to re-record if you format etc
fully tested and i am glad as this is the most critical app i use - phone and voice dialing as i spend lots of time in the car

M8!! u r a life saver!!!! Kudos 2 u!!!!
all is working fine, with the HTC BH M300.

HTC!!! see.... why didn't you folks included something like this, from the getgo!?!?
10th December 2009, 05:40 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

works with BT (!!!)

Work like a charm Thanks a lot!
10th December 2009, 06:15 AM |#18  

More
Cool, not being near my phone at the moment...I have some quick questions:

1. Does the long press to the call button have anything assigned to it by default already?

2. Can you still use voice activated dialing through a bluetooth headset without first running Cyberon or this app?

3. Do you have to install the Cyberon app to main memory or can you install it to your SD card instead to save overhead?

4. I see there are two versions of the Cyberon app, Voice Dialer and Voice Commander...It looks like you don't have to make voice tags for commander and it controls more than just calling contacts out of the box, while voice dialer simply creates a voice tag and dials that contact...Am I right? Have you guys used both of these, which do you prefer?

5. I just want to confirm, you can use a bluetooth headset and push the voice button and speak a voice tag and that will automatically activate and call that contact correct? This is what I need while in the car, not just picking up a call via a bluetooth device!

6. Zeevg...That second cab you uploaded, CVSD...What exactly is that? Is that just a newer version of Cyber that allows you to map a long key to voice dialing functionality or do I still need to install the first cab posted here, then install that one as well? It appears that this file is a better working copy to replace the original one uploaded here. If so does it automatically map the long key to the call button or do you assign it within the Cyber interface?

Thanks!

Quote:

works with BT (!!!)

10th December 2009, 07:22 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It works great....
Cannot thank you enough man...
Should be sticky though i am afraid this thread will not be on for long...
10th December 2009, 12:06 PM |#20  

More
look for my comments within your questions :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Man

Cool, not being near my phone at the moment...I have some quick questions:

1. Does the long press to the call button have anything assigned to it by default already?

ZeevG> when you get the HD2 new there is nothing there and you can't even assign a button/app to it as it is blocked.

2. Can you still use voice activated dialing through a bluetooth headset without first running Cyberon or this app?

ZeevG> no. you must install this app first to enable voice dialing / long press / BT - no worries as you did not have anything else assigned to this button before. this can also launce apps not just dialing you can assign a voice tag to launce any app installed on your device

3. Do you have to install the Cyberon app to main memory or can you install it to your SD card instead to save overhead?

ZeevG> this version allows you to select - i installed it to Storage Card. all other versions forces installation to main memory

4. I see there are two versions of the Cyberon app, Voice Dialer and Voice Commander...It looks like you don't have to make voice tags for commander and it controls more than just calling contacts out of the box, while voice dialer simply creates a voice tag and dials that contact...Am I right? Have you guys used both of these, which do you prefer?

ZeevG> these are two different apps... i use Voice Dialing...

5. I just want to confirm, you can use a bluetooth headset and push the voice button and speak a voice tag and that will automatically activate and call that contact correct? This is what I need while in the car, not just picking up a call via a bluetooth device!

ZeevG> yes mate - this is EXACTLY what i meant. i use it for all my calls. in HD2 you can even select is the voice respond from the device will go to the BT or be sound from speaker

6. Zeevg...That second cab you uploaded, CVSD...What exactly is that? Is that just a newer version of Cyber that allows you to map a long key to voice dialing functionality or do I still need to install the first cab posted here, then install that one as well? It appears that this file is a better working copy to replace the original one uploaded here. If so does it automatically map the long key to the call button or do you assign it within the Cyber interface?

ZeevG> the seconf post CVSD... is the solved app for all so no need for anything else, just throw it all away and install this one. this is NOT the latest version it is one before latest but no real diff... other than it works for all options

Thanks!

ZeevG> as much as may want to the credits for this solution is not mine at all other than putting it back here. as said earlier i found it long time ago here and now i am being the "public archive" and putting it back - ENJOY !!
10th December 2009, 12:25 PM |#21  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Guys,
Here is the latest build of CVD (090626), which was extracted by Dutty from some ROM (not sure for which device). It has newer and nicer interface and works flawlessly for me.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Duttys Cyberon Voice Speed Dial [Updated].cab - [Click for QR Code] (698.6 KB, 1304 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)