This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's v1.4 recovery.
The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.
This recovery if for the HTC Sprint Hero only, if you have an :
- HTC Hero you should go here.
- HTC Dream/G1 you should go here.
- HTC Magic/MT3G you should go here.
This recovery is for the CDMA based Hero from Sprint only!
Ext4 is NOT supported because we don't have the kernel source of the HTC Sprint Hero yet... Sorry
Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items.
You can also use the volume keys (vol-up + vol-down) to navigate, and the CALL-ANSWER key to select items (in case your trackball is broken).
Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
* full ADB access in recovery mode
* Busybox v1.15.2
* HW-Key navigation (volume keys + CALL-ANSWER) option
* Extended menu :
o Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
o USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
o Backup/Restore (recovery partition not included!)
+ Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup
+ Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
+ Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
+ BART backup :: Make a BART backup (Nand + ext)
+ BART restore :: Restore latest BART backup
o Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from your sdcard
+ Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache
+ Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe Dalvik-cache both on /data and ext
+ Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard
+ Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data
+ Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data
o Partition sdcard
+ Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
+ Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
+ SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
+ Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
+ Move apps+dalv to SD :: Moves all apps and Dalvik-cache to sdcard (This will NOT enable apps2sd!)
+ Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
* Scripts available via adb :
o Nandroid v2.2.1 : enter "nandroid-mobile.sh" to start.
o BART v1.0.1 (Backup and Restore Tool) : enter "utility" to start.
o switchrom.sh V1.1 : enter "switchrom" or "u" to start.
o sdparted v0.6 : enter "sdparted" to start.
There are several ways to install a custom recovery, choose the one that suits you most (I probably forgot a few).
via adb -> Requires a custom recovery (with test-keys)
Copy recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img to the root of your sdcard Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME) Connect your Hero via usb to your pc/mac/... adb shell $su (not required if you have root already) #mount -a #flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img
adb shell reboot bootloader fastboot boot recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img adb shell mount /sdcard adb push recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img adb shell reboot
Old versions :
- Updated Nandroid to v2.2.2 (fix ext restore issues)
- Updated Nandroid to v2.2.1 (ext support!). - Added a "Nand + ext backup" menu-item. - Nandroid and BART menu items will not backup or restore the recovery partition by default. - Updated init.rc to only load /sbin in PATH. - Removed the loading cramfs and sqf filesystems from fstab. - Added an unmount script that is called at the start of most scripts. - Updated the BKMO-utility script to it doesn't backup/restore the recovery partition + changed the return to recovery command. - Changed the item select key to CALL ANSWER-key instead of HOME-key. The HOME-key was conflicting other operations. - Added "Other" sub-menu : - Moved "fix apk uid mismatches"-item from main menu to "Other" sub-menu. - Added "Move apps+dalv to SD"-item. - Added "Move recovery.log to SD"-item (Check this log if you want to see what is going wrong). - Fixed the Nandroid restore menu; an error message is now displayed when no nandroid backup or device-id was found (instead of showing an empty menu). - Removed flash submenu and "Apply sdcard:update.zip" item, because we already have "Apply sdcard:choose zip". - Removed "Wipe cache partition" item, wipe cache is already included in the "Wipe data/factory reset" item. - Changed UMS-toggle enable behaviour; you can not access the menu while UMS is enabled (avoid mount issues). - Changed some menu-item labels to make the options more clear. - Fixed UMS-toggle disable behaviour; files are now refreshed in the menu (sdcard is unmounted). - Updated the busybox binary to 1.15.2 which has fixes for ash and hush (`trap` handling), dd (fixed handling of I/O errors), find (fix for -follow and symlinks), pidof (corrected recognition of kernel thread names), sed (SEGV), uniq (memory leak), line editing (Ctrl-D works again), build system. - The busybox binary was : - statically linked against uclibc (0.9.30) - configured to preferentially execute busybox applets - busybox --install -s installs links into /data/local/bin (JF patch) - mount looks for loop devices at /dev/block/loop (JF patch) - modprobe and family look for modules in /system/modules (JF patch) - fixed an issue with vi where it would save a file as just a blank file (JF patch) - Updated sdparted script to v0.6
* Zinx for finding a way to get root on the Sprint Hero
* the_miker and jmanley69 for all their testing ^^
* packetlss for all the hours of support, THANKS ^^
* pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid
* Bkmo for his utility script!
* Devsk for his switchrom script!
* 51dusty for his sdparted script!
* k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
* Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART
* Androidappcritics for the reboot idea in BART
* rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
* MLIGN for the idea to port my recovery to the Dream.
* http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^
* http://theunlockr.com for all the awesome video’s ^^
* Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
* JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate