FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Amiga Emulator for Android

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By shagrath78, Member on 21st December 2009, 11:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks, I spent a good part of my sunday (and friday night, let's be honest) to port UAE4All for Android. So here's UAE4Droid. Most games are working fine, don't expect killer framerates though (it should be faster on a Droid). I don't plan to actively support this app, so here's the catch:
-no sound
-physical controls only (that's why I post here, you can configure them btw)
-no save states (the original project does not implement them, and I'm no good at understand basics of the 68000 emulation)
-should be ok starting from Android 1.5 but I didn't test it (Dream on Cyanogen here).
You need to own a rom copy and some disks to use this legally, of course. If there's some good feedbacks, maybe I'll put it in the market (already done a couple of emulators there). Enjoy !

Edit 12/27 : Now with sound and touch controls on the Android Market
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shagrath78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shagrath78 Ad-Free

22nd December 2009, 02:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
damn you did this in one day?
22nd December 2009, 07:31 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
make it one and a half
It's a port, not that hard, once you got some Android knowledge, the basics of the SDK-NDK interaction, and the open source works from several people. And I left some parts (sound and touch controls), quite buggy/boring to code
23rd December 2009, 02:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Did you ever know that you were my hero? Seriously, great stuff! If you could add sound this would be the best thing I have on my phone!
24th December 2009, 04:13 PM |#5  

More
Amazing. Superfrog works pretty well. If I could just insert all floppies at once it would be completely awesome.

If you're not planning on supporting this too much in the future would you consider making it open source?

It's completely fun to put android next to my old ami500, old 1200 and turn on superfrog on each
24th December 2009, 04:23 PM |#6  
Flag Palmer
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Oh wow...that's pretty impressive. Superfrog on my phone would be awesome! I'll have to try it.
26th December 2009, 10:52 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Ok, hate to leave work unfinished so I added the sound and touch controls. Watch the Market, it should appear there soon.

btw to enable the sound on a HTC Dream makes the emulator a little more sluggish, well now at least you'll have the choice (or buy a 2nd gen Android device )
26th December 2009, 09:02 PM |#8  

More
Not working properly. App asks me to force close when I'm pressing MENU button... Previous build (from first post) works properly. Can I please to fix this bug?

After all, great job
26th December 2009, 09:24 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Damn, I didn't make that much changes, could you get me a log trace ?
26th December 2009, 10:36 PM |#10  

More
Hmm It's weird... After a couple of restarts of phone, the app is working correctly... I will leave a post (and logcat) when this problem come back.
26th December 2009, 11:10 PM |#11  
Flag Iserlohn

More
Sadly doesn't Install on Eclair.

adb install gives Error Message "INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)