Let me say real quick that I apologize that I haven't been very active on the forums for the last week or so. I've been doing a ton of work on the kitchen and also have been having major internet problems. But I am around!
(copy/paste from the 0.1 release because I think some people still may be new to the term kitchen)
But what is a (pre-)kitchen you ask? A kitchen is a program that allows you to take a base of a rom and basically build it how you want it so that you get a nice custom rom suited to you. Well this application isn’t quite there yet which is why I am calling it a pre-kitchen, making it version 0.1, and labeling it a beta. This is a work in progress… a proof of concept. It is taking all of the individual things that make a kitchen and building them one piece at a time, until finally we have a full working visual kitchen for Android!
This is a public beta. There will be bugs. There will be problems. Please come report them so that I can track issues but don’t come here complaining that it just doesn’t work and is crap. Nothing that this program does should cause any real damage to your phone (like brick it) however it is beta so use it safely. If you are reporting an issue then please tell me what happened, what OS you are running, what you were trying to do, and any error codes you may have. This is a windows only application.
- Stock application installer
- Stock application UNinstaller
- Theme installer
- Bootscreen installer
- Create and restore nandroid backups
- Backup and delete custom dictionary
- Backup and delete all text messages
- Clear cache
- Clear lockscreen wallpaper cache (the one that prevented the totally clear lockscreen from working after picking a custom wallpaper)
- Reboot, reboot to recovery, or power off.
- 01/08/10 - A bug was found in the auto-rooter that prevents it from working. If you plan to use the auto-rooter then you need to download 0.2 and then also get the fix here. If you are not using the auto-rooter then you're fine.
Change log (0.1 to 0.2):
- Added: Push any file to phone
- Added: Pull any file from phone (and optionally delete it)
- Added: 8 step diagnostic test under the help menu
- Added: Global debugger to give you a real error message rather than the scary JIT debugger if the program does crash
- Added: update-script generator (no documentation on this, it’s a required future feature)
- Added: Sign a zip (no documentation on this, it’s a required future feature)
- Added: Field trial to app installer
- Added: Jbed to app installer
- Added: Quick office to app installer
- Added: Teeter to app installer
- Added: IMPlugins to push with “IM” in the app installer (required to use IM app on Fresh 1.1)
- Added Navigator to app installer
- Added Location Service to app installer
- Modified: Heavily modified code throughout the entire application to allow it to run faster and more accurately. This is the biggest part of the 0.2 release. These changes are reflected through every single utility in the kitchen, including the auto-rooter.
- Modified: Changed a number of the message box pop-ups to only show the first time you use that utility and then not again.
- Fixed: Backup and delete texts was not pulling to \backup\ folder
- Fixed: Backup and delete dictionary was not pulling to \backup\ folder
- Removed: Clear theme (I like this theme but it was 15mb… way too big to be included as an example)
Screen shots (some of these are from 0.1 so ignore the version numbers) :