Awesome!.....

23rd January 2012, 04:52 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayem_unlimited

Same here.

I've rooted I9100.
installed ES File Explorer and ticked both option in root section.

But dont see the system folder.

Please help.

You can access / path by two ways:
1. Click on the Favorites (star) icon, in that you should see / path (once you have enabled Root access in its settings). Also enable viewing hidden files.
2. You can set the Home path as '/' in Settings. That way clicking on the "Up" icon will take you all the way to / path.

So far ES Explorer is working great for me. No complaints. I will wait till I really need top buy Root Explorer.

Note: I am just a beginner with root access. So to be safe by default I do not enable mounting of / path with write permissions.
11th February 2012, 06:56 AM |#43  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I just got File Expert and it seemed to work really well. you can mount read only to read and write and back to read only.
8th April 2012, 07:29 PM |#44  
Flag Tartu
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have full #root and as I couldn't replace the file in /system/lib/modules with Astro I tried shell and tired to remove the file but:

Code:
rm: can't remove 'bcm4329.ko': Read-only file system
Not sure what must be done to fix that issue.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by estonia

Not sure what must be done to fix that issue.

Fixed the issue:

Quote:

adb shell
$ su
# busybox mount -o remount,rw /system (or another desired directory)
# chmod 777 (or another desired permission set) /system (or another desired directory)

Unfortunatelly can't find the original post in this forum where I found this solution.
13th July 2013, 03:31 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I would recommend the app Root Explorer..
14th July 2013, 04:24 PM |#46  
Flag Greater Vancouver Area, British Columbia
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Holy dude, you bumped a very old thread but I saw see you're trying to increase your post count.
9th August 2013, 12:42 AM |#47  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 268

More
very good
30th April 2014, 09:03 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark0807

Just about everyone I've talked to about a good way to explore a rooted phone recommends Root explorer. I was a little put off on that it was not a free application, but I did attempt to buy it, only to end in failure. I can only assume that since I am a United States system ,and the Root Explorer's price is registered in £'s, that there is an issue when purchasing applications with currency other than what is listed. So my question is this:

Is there an American equivalent to the Root Explorer, a way to get around the currency issue, or a free alternative?

I searched the thread but saw that nobody mentioned smanager which is a scripting app that also includes an amazing file browser with the ability to copy individual files from archives to a desired location which I found in no other explorer. The best file browser I think.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)