FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CANCELLED] XDA-Marketplace (Source-code released & attached)

236 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By yngvebn, Senior Member on 22nd December 2009, 09:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATE - 20.10.2010
--------------------
Due to overwhelming interest in the source-code I've decided to attach it here in the frist post.

Maybe some of you can collaborate, or do your own twist on it.

Some specs:

ASP.NET MVC2 (.NET 4 & C#)
Entity Framework as ORM
SQL Server 2008 (Express used for development)
Scripts for creating database and inserting some dummy-data is included.

Don't expect clean and tidy code. Some places it's a real mess...
Enjoy!

UPDATE - 12.10.2010
--------------------

The reason for updating this first post is unfortunately not the reasons I hoped it would.

I'm sorry to say I no longer have the time or energy to uphold the devotion and work required to finish the marketplace site. Being in a full time job, having a life and everything that includes simply does not allow for a project of this scale to be developed in a timely fashion. It's with regret I'm prematurely ending the project, and I'm sorry for disappointing you by doing so.

In addition to the lack of time, it's also a lack of motivation - reason being the introduction of WP7, already existing similar solutions for Android and Apple has it's closed-up AppStore.. I'm just not sure I see the potential I once did.

If anyone would like to have a look at the projectcode, I will more than happily zip it down along with the database script. Please PM me if you're interested.

Once again, I'm really sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Xda-Downloads.rar - [Click for QR Code] (3.90 MB, 1058 views)

5th January 2010, 08:00 AM |#2  
Flag Kopervik
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
[ANNOUNCED] XDA-Marketplace
Hi all!
I have mentioned this in another thread, but wanted to hilight this request.

I`m woundering if there is a chance that some one could make a "XDA Markedplace" for the phone?
So all Themes, tweakes, programs and other could be collected in one place

Would also like to see something similar on this site. All in one place!
Or an external site with categories. Graphics, info and download on the program, tweak, theme etc, and discussion her on the board.

I dont know if some of this things are doable, but i would really like so se somehing similar

-Exlo
5th January 2010, 09:35 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
a marketplace would be nice, because you could highlight programs as functionalable or not to secific devices or OS!
5th January 2010, 10:21 AM |#4  
Flag Vilnius

More
Some time ago I thought of creating a new marketplace for WM but I'm not so sure if we really need it.
5th January 2010, 10:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Cool
Wow that would be awesome! It'd be like cydia.. only for WM!
5th January 2010, 10:23 AM |#6  
Flag Rennes
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great idea, moreover, nothing to pay to Microsoft for a app on this kind of marketplace, so we can imagine to put others free apps (which are not on the microsoft marketplace)
5th January 2010, 05:08 PM |#7  
Flag Vilnius

More
Ok, so lets say someone will create a new wm appstore/marketplace, which features do you want it to have? So far:
1. Many apps (unlike MS marketplace), including from xda developers.
2. Requirements by OS/tested with devices.
3. Accessible from browser and/or WM app.

What else?
5th January 2010, 05:24 PM |#8  

More
World wide acces to all apps. No more regions!
5th January 2010, 05:33 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Edd_

Ok, so lets say someone will create a new wm appstore/marketplace, which features do you want it to have? So far:
1. Many apps (unlike MS marketplace), including from xda developers.
2. Requirements by OS/tested with devices.
3. Accessible from browser and/or WM app.

What else?

4. Screenshots of application

I think this is a great idea. The xda forum is hard to navigate since there's no categories. The forum should only be used as support and beta.

Martin
5th January 2010, 08:21 PM |#10  
Flag Kopervik
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
the main idea was to gather all apps, tweaks etc. in one place since its very hard to navigate in the forum without categories.
Would also like to se a section her in the forum(or external) with categories and graphics.

I have tried to write this many many times, why and how this could be done, but my english is so poor, that i almost couldnt read it my self
5th January 2010, 11:29 PM |#11  

More
doesn't sound hard to achieve, there are so many windows mobile app sites but none it seems really stand out.
If we can create a website which can be accessed via pc, mobile friendly website and also a wm app then we have a winning combination. All we need to start is some web hosting - and that's not exactly expensive. Surely we have enough people on the forum who have the right skills to make and design the various bits.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)