This recovery is for the HTC Nexus One only, if you have a :
- HTC Dream/G1 you should go here.
- HTC Magic/MT3G you should go here.
- HTC Hero you should go here.
- HTC Sprint Hero you should go here.
- HTC Eris you should go here.
- HTC Tattoo you should go here.
- Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
You can do this by doing :
- "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
- Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.
Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items. Use the Volume-down key to go back to a previous menu.
- full ADB access in recovery mode
- Alternative CM and JF version
- Busybox v1.15.3
- Kernel (126.96.36.199) with ext3 + ext4 support
- SLCD and AMOLED support
- HW-Key navigation (Trackball + Volume-key) option
- Extended menu :
- Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
- USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
- Nand backup :: Make a selective Nandroid backup
- Nand restore :: Restore a Nandroid backup
- Backup Google proprietary system files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
- Restore Google proprietary system files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
- Flash zip from sdcard.
- Choose zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from any (sub)-directory on your sdcard
- Toggle signature verification :: Toggles the signature verification for zip files.
- Wipe ALL data/factory reset :: wipes /data + /cache + entire ext partition + all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
- Wipe /data :: wipes /data.
- Wipe /cache :: wipes /cache.
- Wipe /sdcard/.android_secure :: wipes all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
- Wipe /sd-ext :: wipes the entire ext partition on your sd (if present).
- Wipe Dalvik-cache :: wipes the dalvik-cache located in /cache + /data + /sd-ext is present.
- Wipe battery stats :: reset the battery calibration.
- Wipe rotate settings :: reset the sensor calibration.
- Partition sdcard
- Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
- Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
- SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
- SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
- (Un)Mount /system
- (Un)Mount /cache
- (Un)Mount /data
- (Un)Mount /sd-ext
- (Un)Mount /sdcard
- Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
- Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
- Power off :: Powers off your phone
- Scripts available via adb :
- Make sure that init.rc isn't calling any install-recovery.sh script, otherwise you'll boot back to stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android). More info on this here.
via Rom Manager
- Download "Rom Manager" from the Android market
- Start "Rom Manager"
- Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait for it to finish
- Select "Flash Alternate Recovery" and wait for it to finish -> this will install the latest version of RA recovery.
Copy recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img to a location where fastboot can find it. Boot your phone into fastboot mode (power on while holding the trackball) Connect your phone via usb to your pc/mac/... fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your phone) fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img
Copy recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img to the root of your sdcard start the terminal app su(press enter) flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img(press enter) reboot recovery(press enter)
- Boot the phone while holding down the VOLUMEDOWN-key.
- Navigate to RECOVERY with the the VOLUMEDOWN-key.
- Press the POWER-key to select.
ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.
Latest version :
- recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img - MD5Sum: 3def709ab1c9e051a92a1c8b1504a36a
- CyanogenMOD themed version :recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1-CM.img - MD5Sum: e8262ae23943ce50fd346001812fae79
- JesusFreke themed version : recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1-JF.img - MD5Sum: e94484905a8f39d0985f14e2a5aea403
Previous versions :
- recovery-RA-nexus-v2.1.1.img - MD5Sum: 2efdfa4c4adf386d5182c7b290d78c37
- CyanogenMOD themed version :recovery-RA-nexus-v2.1.1-CM.img - MD5Sum: 413802bfab420b81946984da988a5be2
- JesusFreke themed version : recovery-RA-nexus-v2.1.1-JF.img - MD5Sum: f5238022493deb434e594b36bf43ef02
- Nandroid backup is now selective, boot/system/cache/data are selected by default.
- Nandroid checks if there's at least 500MB free on SDcard before starting a backup.
- Added/updated error/warning messages.
- Fixed ext4 support in kernel! Update from v2.x if you are using sd-ext!
- Reduced recovery size by 800kb so it fits any hboot version to date :
- Set Kernel compression mode to LZMA (33% smaller kernel)
- Switched kernel debugging off
- Removed : Networking support - Bluetooth subsystem support
- Removed : Device Drivers - Misc device - AKM8973 Compass Driver
- Removed : Device Drivers - Misc device - A1026 Voice Processor Driver
- Removed : Device Drivers - Multimedia support
- Removed : Device Drivers - MSM 3D Graphics driver for Adreno class GPU's
- Nandroid now backups the entire content of /sd-ext , not just the apps. This fixes bootloops of certain restored roms.
- Moved the "Toggle signature verification"-option from the Other- to the main flash-submenu.
- Re-ordered the wipe menu.
Some things in v2.0.0 were kanged with a twist from the Clockworkmod recovery.
- Updated kernel to 2.6.35 (SLCD and AMOLED are now both supported).
- Added SDEXT support for update scripts.
- Added "filebrowser" support when you select a zip to flash.
- Added "/.." support to the filebrowser so you can navigate up.
- Added a mount menu so you can manually (u)mount stuff.
- Added a toggle verification switch so you can flash those awesome unsigned winrar rom releases...
- Fully re-wrote the wipe menu (it's not using a script anymore), added a few new wipe options.
- Added "/sdcard/.android_secure" support , nandroid now backups/restores .android_secure (Froyo a2sd apps) by default.
- Added a few new Google apps to the Google app backup script.
Special thanks to :
- packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
- Koushik Dutta for all his recovery work ^^
- Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
- Chris Soyars for the new Apps2SD method ^^
- JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
- pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid
- Bkmo for his utility script!
- Devsk for his switchrom script!
- 51dusty for his sdparted script!
- k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
- Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART
- rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
- http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^