1. This does void your warranty.
2. The root image auto installs the superusers permission app
3. I am in no way responsible for anything that goes wrong.
4. Once you unlock the bootloader it does a factory reset on your phone.
5. I don't mind people posting this tutorial on their sites for others to see and use but I do ask that I'm at least given credit for my work.
1. Download fastboot and adb files:
2. Extract tools.zip to a folder and Open a command window in that folder by holding down your shift key and right clicking anywhere in the window and select open command prompt here
3. Then with your phone turned off hold the power and trackball to access the bootloader.
3b. Type this command to make sure your phone is connected and reconized. "fastboot.exe devices"
4. Once in the bootloader type this command in your command prompt "fastboot.exe oem unlock"
6. Follow what that sceen says.
7. Flash Amons RA Recovery Image from here
---------------Now to root your phone.---------------
1. Once you've flashed the recovery image turn your phone off.
2. Then power on by holding power button and trackball then tap the power button to access the bootloader.
3. From there use your volume keys to go down to recovery and hit power button again to access the recovery console.
4. Enjoy rooted phone
---------------Now to Flash a Radio and a Rom---------------
RADIO UPDATE - 4.03.00.21_2 (from ERE27 update)
Original Radio image 4.02.02.14 (from ERD79) in an update.zip
2. Download a Rom:
A-[ROM] Enomther's TheOfficial Nexus1
C-[ROM]MoDaCo Custom ROM with Desire/Sense
D-MoDaCo Enhanced ROM
2. put both the radio and update zips on your sdcard
3. power down your phone
4. Using the volume down key and power button to get to bootloader/recovery option screen
4a Use volume key to scroll and power button to pick
5. Go to flash zip from sdcard
6. Flash radio update zip first
7. After that is complete and you've restarted when it told you to do so.
7a. In recovery..direct to wipe menu and wipe phone.
8. Flash Rom zip
9. To get root again simply reflash the nexus-addon-0.1-signed.zip (instructions above.