X2 Taskmanager for WM 6.5.3

Search This thread

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
I modified the Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 taskmanager a bit so that it can run on top of windows mobile 6.5.x builds (the builds with the start button at the bottom). For a version that will run on the "standard" WM 6.5 that comes with the stock ROM, download "X2 TaskManager WM 6.5.0 LEO-stock.cab"

Operation:
- Tapping and holding the clock will close the active application.
- Tap on the clock in the home screen (mostly Sense) will show a list of running applications.
- Tap and hold any item on the list of running applications in the taskmanager will give you the option to close all running apps.

This version will not be overidden by the notification window when tapping the clock, which is the case with some x2 taskmanager floating around.

It works on the new (v1.0) Miri HD2 WM6.5.X (28205/23518) ROM, but I suppose it will run on other 6.5.3 roms as well.

Some screenshots:

running_programs.jpgmemory.jpg

another version (say v2 :) )
running_programs_v2.jpgmemory_v2.jpg

I've stumbled upon a bug that I would like to call the "registry update bug". I've found this bug on the WM 6.5 platform as well as the succesive WM 6.5.x platforms (stock as well as custom roms). This bug sometimes prevents that the registry gets updated after a cab file installation. I've seen this bug with the XT Taskmanager installation but also with a bunch of other applications.

If you've installed one of the cab files attached to this post and the X2 taskmanager doesn't run the way you expected it to run, have a look at the registry. If the key "HKCU/Software/SonnyEricsson" is missing, you did get a bite of this bug.

What you can do in this case is to uninstall the X2 taskmanager and softreset your device twice. Then try to reinstall it again.

EDIT (hot from the press): a xda developer recently developed a new taskmanager WM 6.5.x! Read about it here

Last edited:
Reactions: timoteorex

Lizzo

I modified a X2 taskmanager a bit so that it can run on top of a windows mobile 6.5.3 built.

Operation:
- Tap and hold on the clock will close the active application.
- Tap on the clock in the home screen (mostly Sense) will show a list of running application.

This version will not be overidden by the notification window when tapping the clock, which is the case with some x2 taskmanager floating around.

It works on the new (v1.0) Miri HD2 WM6.5.X (28205/23518) ROM, but I suppose it will run on other 6.5.3 roms as well.

thanks. i'll try it:cool:

KukurikU

Nov 23, 2006
Rehovot
thanks! i was really missing it. a good task manager really make life easier!:)
on my HD2 the only sign it's existence is a small dot in the right corner. love it. and it works! almost no delay at opening!

Last edited:

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
thanks! i was really missing it. a good task manager really make life easier!:)
on my HD2 the only sign it's existence is a small dot in the right corner. love it. and it works! almost no delay at opening!

If you are running a stock rom, or any other rom with Windows Mobile 6.5 installed you can also use the standard X2 taskmanger. Look for it here This one is for windows mobile 6.5.3 (with the startbutton and ok/x buttons at the bottom of the screen).

Mikulec

Oct 19, 2007
Sereď
appelflap, I already have one version which is working for me, and it has nicer UI(at least for me), bet I need help with hiding the icon of the task manager which is covering the clock.
Do u think its possble to hide the icon by some registry tweak?

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
appelflap, I already have one version which is working for me, and it has nicer UI(at least for me), bet I need help with hiding the icon of the task manager which is covering the clock.
Do u think its possble to hide the icon by some registry tweak?

You mean this version?

memory_v2.jpgrunning_programs_v2.jpg

If you want I can look up the registry changes.

ab4nk

Jul 2, 2008
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
tried on diamond2

Have any one tried om diamond2 with clean ram 1.9.3 ? After using it and apply clean ram, when clean ram finished it's job, unable to open task mgr by tapping on the right corner, it's seem lack or something.. :(, setting up the clean ram config by including task mgr on the exception list, still no effect...
any one could help please... :confused:

P-A-L-A-D-I-N

Oct 25, 2007
Speyer
The taskmanager v2 works fine under HTC HD2 1.48, but unfortunately the icon cannot be seen. There is just a black gap with a little white spot - nut no icon. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Very nice tool. Thanks. ;)
    I modified the Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 taskmanager a bit so that it can run on top of windows mobile 6.5.x builds (the builds with the start button at the bottom). For a version that will run on the "standard" WM 6.5 that comes with the stock ROM, download "X2 TaskManager WM 6.5.0 LEO-stock.cab"

Operation:
    - Tapping and holding the clock will close the active application.
    - Tap on the clock in the home screen (mostly Sense) will show a list of running applications.
    - Tap and hold any item on the list of running applications in the taskmanager will give you the option to close all running apps.

Some screenshots:

running_programs.jpgmemory.jpg

another version (say v2 :) )
    running_programs_v2.jpgmemory_v2.jpg

I've stumbled upon a bug that I would like to call the "registry update bug". I've found this bug on the WM 6.5 platform as well as the succesive WM 6.5.x platforms (stock as well as custom roms). This bug sometimes prevents that the registry gets updated after a cab file installation. I've seen this bug with the XT Taskmanager installation but also with a bunch of other applications.

If you've installed one of the cab files attached to this post and the X2 taskmanager doesn't run the way you expected it to run, have a look at the registry. If the key "HKCU/Software/SonnyEricsson" is missing, you did get a bite of this bug.

What you can do in this case is to uninstall the X2 taskmanager and softreset your device twice. Then try to reinstall it again.

EDIT (hot from the press): a xda developer recently developed a new taskmanager WM 6.5.x! Read about it here
    Yep, thats the one. Thanks.