FORUMS

[APP][DISCONTINUED] [VGA Program Tab for Manila 2.5 with HOME SCREEN Setting NOW]

1,457 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By mkucuksari, Senior Member on 17th January 2010, 10:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Hi to Everyone, 29/03/2010
Sorry for long delay returning back to my own thread
As you know, from the time that I opened that Thread, new Manila versions are released like 2012, 2013...
I have tested with Manila 2.5 2012, but not able to make it run properly (as already mentioned by some users at previous posts)
I am not a programmer. I only collect the knowledge and combine all of them to make things working properly.
Also during that time period, Cookie releases a very good tool (Cookie's Home Tab).
So according to me, there is no any more need for having a another special "Program Tab". Because of that reason I will not spend any time for porting this tab to new Manila versions.
I already explained every details that I know at first post at Manual Installation section.
Anyone who wants to continue this thread is wellcome.
I hope you understand me.
Thanks for everyone who gives support / interest to this thread.
Hoping to see you at some other new ones.
Bye

-- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

First of all many thanks to “Gullum” who export Program Tab from Manila 2.1 , “Omnicronx” who finds a way to make a cab file to install new tabs without cooking, "stsoft" who explain how to add "Program Tab" at Home Setting Page . Without them, I won’t be able to do it. So all credits to them

Although it is UNINSTALLABLE But please do not forget that **INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK, AS STATED BELOW IT HAS SOME BUGS **

NOTE: If Auto installation does not work for you with any cabs, please check and be sure that you are using correct version. If the problem is still exist then please look at “Manual Installation” Section.

Auto Installation:
1. Before installation, take a back-up of “26948339_manila” file. (Just for safe )
2. Disable Manila (I actually install it before disabling)
3. Select the cab that fits to your configuration and install it into Device
4. Restart if it asks
5. Enable Manila

Program Tab should be appear now

Manual Installation:
1. Before installation, take a back-up of “26948339_manila” file.
2. Disable Manila (I actually install it before disabling)
3. Install the cab file.
4. Restart if it is asked.
5. Modify your original “26948339_manila” file and add the following codes mentioned at below or copy them from “Program Tab Adding.txt"
6. Copy your modified “26948339_manila” into “\Windows” folder.
7. If you also want to add "Program Tab" into your "Home Setting Page", please add the following registry entries.
8. Restart
9. Enable Manila

If you are not familiar with manual installation steps, please send your original “26948339_manila”, I will try to help you.

The way it works:
To add a quicklink
1. press where you want the link
2. In programlist choose a program now you need to press back to add it

KNOW BUGS
1. Pressing “all programs” button opens the list but can't run programs from there and pressing back will add selected program to last added quicklink

2. You wil not be able to add a program to Item-1 (Quicklink-1) , it is disabled. (It can be enabled but problems can't use quicklink 1 and 2 at the same time, this will cause all next links to have white icons)

3. After selecting a program, "Select a Program" page will not disappear itself. Please use "Back" button to exit.

TROUBLESHOOTING
1- If we are facing a oversize icon problem, please try another version like
If the problem is still exist, please uninstall my cab, restart your pone. Connect your phone to your PC, copy and send your original "26948339_manila" file. I will try to help you.

2- If you have outline problem in the slider bar, like rstoyguy, please check if you are using any slider modification, like a transparent mod. If yes please uninstall it and give a try again

3-After uninstalling my cab, if you lose your custom tab, please re-install it.

4-After installing my cab if previously installed "Manila TV" tab disappears, please check that you are using "Program Tab Manila 2.5 V.1.1.X.X.01.zip"

5-Previously installed "Today Screen" Tab will disappear after installing any type of my cab. Please use Manila TV's tweak and adapt it. I am not planning to include "Today Screen" tab into my cabs .Thanks omnicronx for the clear explanation

LANGUAGE SUPPORT
Program Tab has multilanguage support.Support Languages are listed at below. If you have a language translation problem for German and Italian, please install "Extra Language Support Package". Thanks to siddartha for German Translation. Thanks to ciubeca for Italian Translation.

FILE TYPES VGA
Program Tab Manila 2.5 V.X.X.1.0.XX.cab: For "Manila 2.5.19211619.0" users from Gen Y D2X Series (WM 6.1 + Sense 2.5) ROM
Program Tab Manila 2.5 V.X.X.2.1.XX.cab : For "Manila 19211619.0" users from EnergyROM 'Leo'
Program Tab Manila 2.5 V.X.X.3.0.XX.cab For "[APP][VGA][01.DEC.09]Manila 2.5.192X VGA Port" user like from Kisja 2.5 ROM & People that face "Oversize icon problem" like ,please try this version

FILE DEFINITION
Program Tab Manila 2.5 V.A.B.C.D.EE
  • A: Indicates Manor changes
    0: First Puplish
    1: Look at details at revision history
  • B: Indicates Minor changes
    0: First Puplish
    1: Look at details at revision history
  • C: Manila Versions
    1 : Manila 2.5.19211619.0 from Gen Y D2X Series (WM 6.1 + Sense 2.5) ROM
    2 : Manila 19211619.0 from |RAPH|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| ★ EnergyROM 'Leo' (23518/21889) (Thanks to “Will Badger” for reporting)
    3: kisja 2.5 port "[APP][VGA][01.DEC.09]Manila 2.5.192X VGA Port,
    (Thanks to “BigDedx3, “rstoyguy ” for reporting)
  • D: Footprint Default situation
    0: Not Existed
    1: Default Tab
    2: Added Manually
  • E. Custom Tab Situation (May be used later)
    00 : No Custom tab exists
    01: Only Manila TV Exist

REVISION HISTORY
(29/01/10)
1- Tutorial :" How to change Program Tab ICON" added. Thanks to "Wil Badger"
(26/01/10)
1- New Revisions (Minor Changes):Program Tab Manila 2.5 V.1.1.X.X.01.zip
With this version Manila TV Tab will not disappear. These cabs don't include "Manila TV" itself. So If you want to have "Manila TV" tab also, please before installing my cab, please first install "Manila TV" cab from "omnicronx" that can be found at "Manila TV" Thread
2- Support Language list is added. Extra Language package for German and Italian added.

(24/01/10)
1-Standardization at Cab File names. First puslished cabs are renamed."Revision History", "File Types", "File Definition" tabs added.
2- New Revisions (Major Changes): Program Tab Manila 2.5 V.1.0.X.X.00.zip
• Added new feature (Chance to re-order “Program Tab” from "settings page/ personalize/home screen tabs") “Select / Deselect” feature is not possible.
• “Program Tab” standardization for future version .Added as Page-13 at all versions
(22 /01/10)
Added new Manila Versions
(17 /01/10)
First Publish :Program Tab Manila 2.5 V.0.0.C.D.EE

(FOR MANUAL INSTALLATION ONLY- CODES to be Added at 26948339_manila” File :
PHP Code:
<Page Order="13" Name="programs.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_PROGRAMS]]">
        <
ComponentReference Name="page"                Mode9Path="HTC\programlauncher.mode9" Component="GizmoRoot" SmartComponent="true"  />
        <
ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_Off" />
        <
ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_On" />
        <
ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_Preview" />
      </
Page
FOR MANUAL INSTALLATION ONLY- REGISTRY ENTRIES for "Home Setting Page":
PHP Code:
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Configuration\13]
"Enable"=dword:00000001
"PageName"="Manila://programs.page"
"Title"
="Program Page" 
MANUAL FIX: Previous installed "TODAY SCREEN" custom tabs disappear Problem:
Quote:

I tried both 2.5 V.X.X.2.1.00 cabs on Energy Leo with footprint and manila TV, it did work but manila TV disappear. I uninstall and reinstalled manila TV and it will not show. Can we have both manila TV and programs tab?

Its because the 26948339_manila that the cab edited does not include ManilaTV. This is the file that manila uses to tell it which components to load, problem is if any component/tab you put in there must be included in your ROM or Manila will not load. I.e You can't just put in all the possible components and have it load if its there. (for example some people don't use footprints files in their ROM, so you have to take out that entry or manila will crash)

Basically unless he makes a version of the cab with ManilaTv and non ManilaTV versions, you will have to edit the 26948339_manila file yourself.

What you will have to do is follow his manual instructions, and add this to the 26948339_manila file.

<Page Order="13" Name="programs.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_PROGRAMS]]">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\programlauncher.mode9" Component="GizmoRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_Off" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_On" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_Preview" />
</Page>

Where pageorder is the next page in the 26948339_manila file, if you have ManilaTV and Footprints, it will be the 14th page, if you only have ManilaTV an no Footprints it will be the 13th page.

TUTORIAL : How to Change PROGRAM TAB ICONS:"Wil Badger"
Quote:

The manila files you are looking for are :

2daf4b32_manila= large fullscreen icon
51d3a1dc_manila= large icon in actual tab
582aa2bd_manila= small icon in actual tab
740f1410_manila= large icon in actual tab

Now the two large icons that go in the tabs themselves. 1 is for while on the tab with your finger on the screen. This icon should have a highlight to it. The second large icon would be for while on the selected tab without being pressed,non highlighted. Then there is the small tab this is the tab you see before selecting it. The one thing I can not tell you right now is which one is the highlighter the ROM I'm currently using does not have it.

Go into your Windows root folder and find those files. Copy them to a folder on your PC
Go into CFC_GUI and load the folder you have copied the files to
On the lower right of the program you will "Save As" this will save a png of the picture. Save these to a folder.
You can go and edit these PNG's and save as the same manila name
Go back into CFC_GUI and in the lower right you will see replace. This will replace the picture with the one you have made/modified
Under Tools/finish up. this will start the compression/pad/trim wizard. Just follow what it asks and your done
Copy back to Windows and overwrite old files.

17th January 2010, 11:31 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
This looks awesome. However, is there anyway you could make it for WVGA devices also?

Would be awesome to have this on my HD2!
17th January 2010, 11:55 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cool
sool stuff, started using it already and will update if it works as expected. thanks,
17th January 2010, 12:01 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madindehead

This looks awesome. However, is there anyway you could make it for WVGA devices also?

Would be awesome to have this on my HD2!

I think it is possible if someone can change manila settings and icon sizes according to WVGA.
But sorry, I am not a professional, so that reason I can not help you

I hope a professional will do it

OR YOU CAN GIVE A TRY. It may work with some small alignment problem
17th January 2010, 06:10 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 3,819

Donate to Me
More
This is AWESOME.
Will test it out.
Thank you.
17th January 2010, 06:28 PM |#6  

More
Good work! I do have a problem with a couple issues...

1. the added icons, they seem oversized and you can't make them out.

2. Once I goto the new tab, it leaves an outline around the slider icons.

Any help would be apreciated!

17th January 2010, 07:00 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy

Good work! I do have a problem with a couple issues...

1. the added icons, they seem oversized and you can't make them out.

2. Once I goto the new tab, it leaves an outline around the slider icons.

Any help would be apreciated!

I don't have a oversized problem. I don't know what may cause it.

Could you please give some information about your ROM and customation that you are using ? Could you please send your original "“26948339_manila" file ?
17th January 2010, 11:21 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkucuksari

I don't have a oversized problem. I don't know what may cause it.

Could you please give some information about your ROM and customation that you are using ? Could you please send your original "“26948339_manila" file ?

I'm using kisja 2.5 port "[APP][VGA][01.DEC.09]Manila 2.5.192X VGA Port (only for cooks) "

And looks like the last instance of that manila file is installed from a disable footprints tweak downloaded from the same forum. And here it is! Thanks in advance for any help... I can get this to .cab install, but I haven't been able to cook it in with my 2 tries yet...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2m02jj...339_manila.rar
17th January 2010, 11:57 PM |#9  

More
Whoa... Actually the last file is one from your .cab. And it was a .cab install, the one with no footprints.
18th January 2010, 12:11 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy

Whoa... Actually the last file is one from your .cab. And it was a .cab install, the one with no footprints.

As I understand, the file that you sent me is coming from my cab installation. So could you please uninstall my cab, after restart could you please send your original file ?
18th January 2010, 12:12 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalt

sool stuff, started using it already and will update if it works as expected. thanks,

Does it work for you ? If yes, could you please give your ROM and Manila details?
Many Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)