FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rogers to disable internet access on non-upgraded Dreams. Using radio version string?

166 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By BRad Barnett, Senior Member on 23rd January 2010, 03:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th January 2010, 11:40 PM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicornasaurus

Just got another one of the text messages from Rogers, saying that my data is going to be cut off yesterday. We'll see what happens from here. my internet has been up for 18 hours now after a network refresh last night around 9PM PST.

+1

I got it too. Really hoping nothing happens.

26th January 2010, 12:00 AM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just finished with their online live support tool, and I said literally "I upgraded my HTC Magic with the required update, but my internet access still isn't working. A colleague told me that he had to do a "network refresh" to get his working, could you do that for me please"? All I was asked was "when did you update?" so I said yesterday, and he went ahead and did it. Immediately after, my network was back on, here's hoping it stays. Just in case I put my S/N into the HTC site to start downloading the file, but stopped. I doubt they log that sort of thing, but who knows. o.O
26th January 2010, 12:32 AM |#173  
Flag Ottawa

More
i just got the rehash of english and french texts from the other day about being cutoff, has it been confirmed what is keeping certain people on and whats is alos getting people cutoff
26th January 2010, 12:55 AM |#174  

More
Hmm, Rogers just phoned me and there was an automated voice message saying that data was cut off yesterday, and I need to download the update. I guess my network refresh wasn't a permanent fix...
26th January 2010, 01:00 AM |#175  
Flag Duncan
Thanks Meter: 8,229

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retardical_Sam

Hmm, Rogers just phoned me and there was an automated voice message saying that data was cut off yesterday, and I need to download the update. I guess my network refresh wasn't a permanent fix...

i just got this call too.
26th January 2010, 01:24 AM |#176  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
all this is just a pure COVER OUR ASS from rogers. By disconnecting people , it forces people to call Rogers to reconnect and they say it needs to be upgraded. Its just them making sure no one can sue in case 911 fails to connect. Pure and simple, they are not scanning anything , they just did a mass disconnect for all the HTC Dream users to cover their ass. Same thing for the sms and the phone call, its a mass communication to all HTC users.

I did a network refresh yesterday and everything is fine, the speed is actually better now than it was before
26th January 2010, 01:39 AM |#177  

More
Completed the update...
My connection was cut off sunday morning, read through some fourms and just decided to screw it and update.

I have a Rogers Magic 32A, was rooted and running MyHero 2.0.5

The update wiped the phone obviously, and loaded a Hero rom onto the phone that quite honestly runs smoother than what I had previously. Sense UI and all that jazz flying.

Now I guess I just wait until somebody figures out this current "perfected" spl because like all of us, I wanna get back to a rooted phone. Just posting this because I was pleasantly surprised with the rom i ended up with, but not fully of course!

just updating that my connection was off most of the day, finally came back on at almost 10 pm pacific time. Tried rebooting/bat removal several times through the day.
26th January 2010, 01:44 AM |#178  
Flag Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Rathini on live chat support was no help whatsoever. He remains adamant that there is no way that is not the update to get reconnected.
26th January 2010, 02:43 AM |#179  

More
i use a ROGERS DREAM; flashed with CM 4.2.13, on FIDO NETWORK. data went out last night and the FIRST thing i did was put my sim, the same sim from the dream, in my FIDO BRANDED SAMSUNG JACK. connection was still blocked although THE PHONE WORKED FINE BEFORE. so i called 611 and they were no help, all they told me to do was to update. eventually i called back and decided to tell them i have a t-mobile dream and i already ran the update months ago. it took 4 different reps, a superviser and finally a lvl2 tech. the tech called me at my home number, because i was using my dream to call in and i would be disconnected if she proceeded, and told me to put my sim card into another phone as she "refreshed" my account. I DID NOT, the sim card stayed in my dream and tadah!......it worked. this WAS NOT the first refresh either but nothing happened until this time around.

maybe it really was a coincidence as she claimed but i highly doubt it.its very clear that whatever they tell you it is a lie,a half-assed lie with no logic behind it. they DO have access to the restriction, it is NOT the settings on the phone, it is NOT a htc software restriction.

no matter what they tell you dont hang up, they arent allowed to hang up on you. escalate the situation as much as you can cause its the best way to make the most out of your time. Take note of all the people you deal with, name and rep#. accept nothing but restoration of your data. Good luck to the rest of you!
26th January 2010, 03:08 AM |#180  

More
Back to the old Rogers HTC Dream... I'll wait 'til next week to check if there's any updates.
26th January 2010, 03:31 AM |#181  
Flag Mission

More
no love
well I have spend 2 more hours on hold with only about
15 minutes of talk time with 3 people and well

there is still no help for me they will not help me at all
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)