FORUMS

Swype for all HVGA devices. OFFICIAL VERSION IS HERE!!! 3/06

878 posts
Thanks Meter: 720
 
By persiansown, Retired Recognized Developer on 23rd January 2010, 05:25 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Here is a release of Swype for the G1/any other android device. It should work on any build of any rom. (as long as it is android 1.5+)

Install it like a normal app and then enable swype in settings>locale&text


*UPDATE*

I made a new version of the app that should fix a few of the slowdowns it has. Download it over at iq0. In order to have 0 crashes in the new one, you have to disable sounds. Then you can do whatever you want.

It should also work for everyone now! No more install error!

http://bit.ly/69ZgH1

Enjoy

Update #2
The OFFICIAL leaked update is on my site now. Same link as above ^^. It should work 100% for everyone, but I haven't tested it. If it won't install for you, uninstall the old one. Thanks Zappletoo

Update #3 OFFICIAL beta Link to the site in the post.
23rd January 2010, 05:30 AM |#2  
JAguirre1231's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag I'm Guessing your mom isn't a valid city
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Thanks =D


But I notice that you say 1.5, is this because it is the only you thingyou have testes it on, or because it will crash on 1.6+?
23rd January 2010, 08:44 AM |#3  
Senior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAguirre1231

But I notice that you say 1.5, is this because it is the only you thingyou have testes it on, or because it will crash on 1.6+?

I would guess not, as it was originally built for larger screens (Liquid, Droid) which are both 1.6+
23rd January 2010, 02:39 PM |#4  
JAguirre1231's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag I'm Guessing your mom isn't a valid city
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branwen

I would guess not, as it was originally built for larger screens (Liquid, Droid) which are both 1.6+

Ah okay, well he edited. Now it says 1.5+, so I'm gonna try it
23rd January 2010, 04:39 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
I can't install it onto my phone. It says this application cannot be installed onto this phone. I'm running Super D 1.6 on a rooted mytouch3g. any ideas?
23rd January 2010, 09:04 PM |#6  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 720
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestrs4

I can't install it onto my phone. It says this application cannot be installed onto this phone. I'm running Super D 1.6 on a rooted mytouch3g. any ideas?

What does it say in logcat? Anyone else having this issue?
23rd January 2010, 09:06 PM |#7  
maymaymay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by persiansown

What does it say in logcat? Anyone else having this issue?

Same problem on my Magic with CM 4.2.13 ROM
23rd January 2010, 09:25 PM |#8  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 720
 
More
I dont' have a magic to test it out on. What is it saying in logcat?
23rd January 2010, 10:26 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Persian, do you know when another release for the G1 will come out? The one I got from this thread is working great, but there are a few bugs. I was wondering when they would be fixed, if you know.

Thanks,
Chris
23rd January 2010, 10:28 PM |#10  
maymaymay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by persiansown

I dont' have a magic to test it out on. What is it saying in logcat?

Where can i find it ?
23rd January 2010, 10:41 PM |#11  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 720
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrispyChris

Persian, do you know when another release for the G1 will come out? The one I got from this thread is working great, but there are a few bugs. I was wondering when they would be fixed, if you know.

Thanks,
Chris

I'm the one who modified this to work on the G1. So updates come out when I fix the bugs. haha


Maymaymay: type adb logcat into adb.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes