FORUMS

Kernel Compile Fails

520 posts
Thanks Meter: 169

By cteneyck, Senior Member on 24th January 2010, 06:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Any guru's up....

I keep getting a failure compiling the kernel. its failing at the proximity sensor. I used the kernel config from my phone and proximity is disabled. any how here is the code.

In file included from drivers/misc/proximity.c:14:
/root/myandroid/kernel-hero/arch/arm/include/asm/gpio.h:5:23: error: mach/gpio.h: No such file or directory
drivers/misc/proximity.c:20:23: error: mach/vreg.h: No such file or directory
drivers/misc/proximity.c:21:28: error: mach/msm_iomap.h: No such file or directory
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_store':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:39: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_direction_output'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:42: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_get_value'
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_interrupt':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:61: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_to_irq'
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_early_suspend':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:87: error: implicit declaration of function 'vreg_get'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:87: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/misc/proximity.c:88: error: implicit declaration of function 'vreg_disable'
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_early_resume':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:95: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/misc/proximity.c:96: error: implicit declaration of function 'vreg_enable'
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_sensor_probe':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:116: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/misc/proximity.c:117: error: implicit declaration of function 'vreg_set_level'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:121: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
drivers/misc/proximity.c:123: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
drivers/misc/proximity.c:127: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_request'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:139: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_direction_input'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:170: error: 'struct early_suspend' has no member named 'suspend'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:171: error: 'struct early_suspend' has no member named 'resume'
make[2]: *** [drivers/misc/proximity.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/misc] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

Thanks in advanced for the help
24th January 2010, 07:00 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Walnutport, PA
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cteneyck

Any guru's up....

I keep getting a failure compiling the kernel. its failing at the proximity sensor. I used the kernel config from my phone and proximity is disabled. any how here is the code.

In file included from drivers/misc/proximity.c:14:
/root/myandroid/kernel-hero/arch/arm/include/asm/gpio.h:5:23: error: mach/gpio.h: No such file or directory
drivers/misc/proximity.c:20:23: error: mach/vreg.h: No such file or directory
drivers/misc/proximity.c:21:28: error: mach/msm_iomap.h: No such file or directory
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_store':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:39: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_direction_output'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:42: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_get_value'
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_interrupt':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:61: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_to_irq'
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_early_suspend':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:87: error: implicit declaration of function 'vreg_get'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:87: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/misc/proximity.c:88: error: implicit declaration of function 'vreg_disable'
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_early_resume':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:95: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/misc/proximity.c:96: error: implicit declaration of function 'vreg_enable'
drivers/misc/proximity.c: In function 'proximity_sensor_probe':
drivers/misc/proximity.c:116: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/misc/proximity.c:117: error: implicit declaration of function 'vreg_set_level'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:121: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
drivers/misc/proximity.c:123: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
drivers/misc/proximity.c:127: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_request'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:139: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_direction_input'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:170: error: 'struct early_suspend' has no member named 'suspend'
drivers/misc/proximity.c:171: error: 'struct early_suspend' has no member named 'resume'
make[2]: *** [drivers/misc/proximity.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/misc] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

Thanks in advanced for the help

I have never recieved any issues compiling the kernel. Could you explain what exactly you did to receive this?
24th January 2010, 07:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
im running ubuntu 9.04
have followed the instructions at source.android.com to set up my workspace.

downloaded the kernel
decompressed file

make menuconfig

loaded up the module which i pulled from my phone

saved .config
exit menu config
make
24th January 2010, 07:22 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
i think i was in the wrong dir. dang its getting late...lol
24th January 2010, 07:26 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
i was in the wrong dir lol

Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/head.o
GZIP arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.gz
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.o
CC arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o
LD arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux
OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/zImage
Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 0 modules
24th January 2010, 07:52 AM |#6  
Flag Walnutport, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i was in the wrong dir lol

Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/head.o
GZIP arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.gz
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.o
CC arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o
LD arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux
OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/zImage
Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 0 modules

ha ha. Can't say it's not something I have ever done. Glad you got it working. You have a fully patched and working 2.6.29 CDMA Kernel now, right?
24th January 2010, 09:02 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
no not a .29 kernel just the stock .27 kernel. I having more problems tho. i am stuck with the zImage and i have tried to test it using the commands below but its not working both ways

1.Put my phone into fast

2. c:\fastboot boot /path/to/my/zImage

it outputs and fails.

creating boot image...
creating boot image - 1675264 bytes
downloading 'boot.img'... FAILED (remote: not allow)

so i thought i would flash /dev/mtd2 by unpacking and repacking the mtd2.img with my zImage but the script (the script at android-dls modified with the –base 0×19200000 code in the repack) but it says there is extra info found in my the mtd2.img

so i am am stuck at the moment and trying to figure this one out

and i have no clue on how to make an update.zip. which is the way i should probably go.
24th January 2010, 10:03 AM |#8  
Flag Walnutport, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

no not a .29 kernel just the stock .27 kernel. I having more problems tho. i am stuck with the zImage and i have tried to test it using the commands below but its not working both ways

1.Put my phone into fast

2. c:\fastboot boot /path/to/my/zImage

it outputs and fails.

creating boot image...
creating boot image - 1675264 bytes
downloading 'boot.img'... FAILED (remote: not allow)

so i thought i would flash /dev/mtd2 by unpacking and repacking the mtd2.img with my zImage but the script (the script at android-dls modified with the –base 0×19200000 code in the repack) but it says there is extra info found in my the mtd2.img

so i am am stuck at the moment and trying to figure this one out

and i have no clue on how to make an update.zip. which is the way i should probably go.

Follow Lox_Dev's tutorial here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551711

You have to unpack an existing boot.img, replace the boot.img-kernel file with the zImage you made (rename zImage to boot.img-kernel) and then repackage it. The flash the new boot.img file.

P.S. The .29 comment was sarcasm
24th January 2010, 06:04 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
LOL. you got me. thanks for the link. i'll report back.
24th January 2010, 09:10 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
I got it up and running
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	272191  
24th January 2010, 09:23 PM |#11  
Flag Scottsdale
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a stupid question. So if I compiled the kernel that I downloaded. What do I do to put my new kernel on my phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)