To run this app you need to have Gmail account setup in your poutlook.
Steps to use it.
1. Install it
2. Choose your Gmail Account.
3. Open the application, and fill the Send To: with the gmail id to which you want to backup sms.
4. Go to Menu "Login"(it is not an actual login, you need to configure your Gmail account for it).
5. Login should enable the SMS folders dropdown with all your SMS folders.
6. Select the folder to backup.
7. Go to Menu "Sync SMS Folder". This should start the message conversion to mail format. Progress will be displayed.
8. On completion it will prompt and then ask you if you want to sync.
8. Syncing would send Emails with Subject IMAPSMS|<FOLDER NAME> :Sender and the body will contain Message and time, the subject should help you to create proper rules in your gmail account.
Updates in V 0.2Beta
1. Fixed a condition where message syncing could have failed.
2. App will rember the last user name and gmail account used.
3. Will sync only those messages which were not synced.
Updates for v0.3Beta
1. Added scheduler
2. Added limit of messages to be synced up, default is 50(no reason).
3. Modified the message text when it was sent by you.(Sent items)
Update for v0.4Beta
1. Issue fixed which was reported on 9th Feb 2010.
2. Issue from v0.3 fixed, sms folder dropdown list vanishes when scheduler option was clicked twice.
Update for v0.5
1. Option added to create threaded mails. (Conversation from a contact in a single mail).
NOTE: Threaded mode mail wont work properly for Sent SMSes.
Update for v0.6
1. Added option to sync all folders
2. Added option to delete messages older than specified date after sync.
NOTE: Deletion part still under testing, works well but still in case you have some important messages... keep a backup
All these settings also will be applied to scheduled runs.
The messages already synced wont be synced again, incase you want to sync those also plz delete id.txt from installation folder.
Setting up and scheduling
1. Open the app.
3. Select the Gmail account
4. Select the folder you want to sync messages from
5. Menu->Schedule->Set the time (if the time u set up is less than current it will set it up for next day else on the same day)
6. Click Set, if succeeded it will show the scheduled time else will show the error.
7. If you want to de-schedule it click de-schedule.
8. Schedule will run the app at that time upload the text in mail and will try to sync. Sync will be successful only if u are connected to internet, this app won't automatically do it.
9. Default limit of one time sync is 50 if you want to change it, after login select Menu->Message Limit and enter the number of messages u want to upload per sync. This will also be used in Scheduled sync
If you want to sync your old smses which u already have synced, u need to delete the id.txt file from the program folder.
Note. Please configure your Gmail account first...
Provide your inputs
SUPPORT LATE NIGHTS- DONATE!