FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[11.FEB.2010] OUTDATED/SUSPENDED - colorful taskbar for HD2

1,150 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By 6Fg8, Retired Senior Moderator on 29th January 2010, 10:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Folks, this taskbar is hopelessly outdated, and you probably run into troubles using it with latest versions of WM 6.5.x.

You need to understand that all custom taskbars replace system dll's, because they contain the icons. On the other hand, replacing outdated system dll's with newer OS releases could lead to unexpected results.

Catching up with latest OS releases is a horribly time-consuming task, and i'm sorry i cant keep pace with ongoing developments on WM 6.5, especially since i jumped ship to Android recently.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Brians taskbar gfreek ed. reworked for WM 6.5.x

This taskbar will NOT work with WM 6.5 (without the x). If your windows start button is bottom left, its WM 6.5.x. If its top left, your with WM 6.5.

All artwork is derived from brians taskbar gfreek edition 5b/F
Credits & thanks to:
- gfreek for his amazing work - this was always one of the first cabs for me to install after flashing a new ROM
- NhatPG for Windows Logo
- bloodik for HTC Logo

Original thread can be found here

Tested with Miri's 6.5.x v1.5 (23518/28205) for Leo (HD2), HTC volume and WM dropdown bar working fine.
Certs are included, no need to install anything else.

WARNING: i did not test it on any other device/ROM, though i assume it will work. Feel free to try it out, but make sure you have a valid backup just in case something goes wrong.

UPDATE: start button updated, made 2nd version with HTC logo.

download

download
You may also try this version made by gianton, tested on RTT's RC5 ROM: download

29th January 2010, 11:01 PM |#2  
Flag Ede
Thanks Meter: 460

More
would like to try this beauty but the link doesnt work
29th January 2010, 11:05 PM |#3  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeybro

would like to try this beauty but the link doesnt work

misspelled the url link should work now
29th January 2010, 11:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Nice work 6Fg8, many thanks!

I'm in the process of updating this too to work on WM6.5.x however haven't got round to do it as I'm currently resolving all issues related to WM6.5 and 1.66 WEE ROM!

If you need any assistance please feel free to pm me!
29th January 2010, 11:23 PM |#5  
Flag Ede
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Fg8

misspelled the url link should work now

thanks my friend it looks great
29th January 2010, 11:24 PM |#6  
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreek

Nice work 6Fg8, many thanks!

I'm in the process of updating this too to work on WM6.5.x however haven't got round to do it as I'm currently resolving all issues related to WM6.5 and 1.66 WEE ROM!

If you need any assistance please feel free to pm me!

Thanks for your kind offer, i'm still a noob with these things but willing to learn
And again, thanks for your great work, its a must-have on any device i've owned and will own in the future. Hope you're ok with me using your art.
BTW while doing this i've written a little tool to ease the task of replacing icons within dll's, if you're interested PM me Maybe i'll publish some kind of "taskbar composer" for people who like to assemble their personal taskbars
29th January 2010, 11:51 PM |#7  
WWE
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello

thank you gfreek for your great task bar which we used it for long time and left it with 6.5.3

and thank you 6Fg8 for making us go back to it once again
30th January 2010, 11:24 AM |#8  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile
Quote:

Maybe i'll publish some kind of "taskbar composer" for people who like to assemble their personal taskbars

Oh ! yes, please do that ; it's really a great idea

Than'ks in advance
30th January 2010, 01:53 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
sounds silly but if i dont like it, if i uninstall the cab will they go back to the original state??

cheers
30th January 2010, 02:35 PM |#10  
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuttsies

sounds silly but if i dont like it, if i uninstall the cab will they go back to the original state??

cheers

yes, they will
30th January 2010, 02:51 PM |#11  
Flag Shepshed
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

Maybe i'll publish some kind of "taskbar composer" for people who like to assemble their personal taskbars

I'd LOVE such a taskbar composer, indeed, I'd quite like some kind of application which takes all the elements that are on a phone and allows one to mod them.

I often look at my phone and would love to tweak stuff on it but have no clue how to. I'm left wandering around the net to see if someone with the skills to change stuff has had the same ideas as me.

<pulls out worlds smallest violin and starts playing to myself>
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)