FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Transferring contact list from Windows Mobile to Android SANS OUTLOOK

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By brownman, Junior Member on 8th February 2010, 06:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
A quick search of the site didn't turn up any information on how to get contacts from wm to android if you don't have outlook, so I figured I'd post an easy solution I figured out last night. Should come in handy for a few people at least, now that 'droid on the vogue is starting to come into its own.



All you'll need is PIM Backup, a computer with internet access and a Gmail account.



1. Open PIM Backup on your Windows Mobile device. Select the Backup action and unselect everything but contacts, then hit Next.

2. At the "Select backup filename and folder" screen, unselect the "compress backup" and "binary backup" options, then hit Next.

3. Transfer the BACKUP.PIB file that you just made from your phone to your computer. Change the extension from .PIB to .RAR, then extract the file.

4. The extracted file should be BACKUP.CSC. Simply change the extension to .CSV and import the file to your gmail account. All your contacts can now be imported to your phone through gmail - just follow the instructions given in the phone's contact menu.



Hopefully that helps someone out, I've been taking advantage of the great firmware you guys churn out for far too long to not give something back.

And much thanks to everyone involved with bringing Android to the Vogue, new life has been breathed into a phone that I thought was all but dead.
 
 
8th February 2010, 06:47 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Thanks for this! You can also set activesync on your winmo device to sync with an exchange server at m.google.com to transfer your email/contacts/calendar into gmail/gmail contacts/google calendar.
8th February 2010, 06:51 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcfarland

Thanks for this! You can also set activesync on your winmo device to sync with an exchange server at m.google.com to transfer your email/contacts/calendar into gmail/gmail contacts/google calendar.

That is exactly the kind of solution I was searching for yesterday, but to no avail

Ahh well - I offer an alternative, at least.
8th February 2010, 07:36 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman

That is exactly the kind of solution I was searching for yesterday, but to no avail

Ahh well - I offer an alternative, at least.

http://tinyurl.com/y9pbgcv ( )

OR:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=138636
10th February 2010, 12:18 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Smile
1)I would suggest to sync with your outlook with your ppc by active sync or sync center
2)sync with your google account from your outlook by one free software - go contact sync
3)sync your android with your google account..

The only reason I use this way is because outlook can manage contacts best.
4th April 2010, 01:21 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
awesome! thanks!
4th June 2010, 12:47 AM |#7  
monsterfly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
brownman thanks for the info, it really helped
10th June 2010, 03:59 PM |#8  
radar5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag P-Ville
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I synced my WinMo contacts with google through nuevasync.com (because I had multiple google calendars) then everything just moved over when I boot up and log into Android
19th June 2010, 10:40 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman

A quick search of the site didn't turn up any information on how to get contacts from wm to android if you don't have outlook, so I figured I'd post an easy solution I figured out last night. Should come in handy for a few people at least, now that 'droid on the vogue is starting to come into its own.



All you'll need is PIM Backup, a computer with internet access and a Gmail account.



1. Open PIM Backup on your Windows Mobile device. Select the Backup action and unselect everything but contacts, then hit Next.

2. At the "Select backup filename and folder" screen, unselect the "compress backup" and "binary backup" options, then hit Next.

3. Transfer the BACKUP.PIB file that you just made from your phone to your computer. Change the extension from .PIB to .RAR, then extract the file.

4. The extracted file should be BACKUP.CSC. Simply change the extension to .CSV and import the file to your gmail account. All your contacts can now be imported to your phone through gmail - just follow the instructions given in the phone's contact menu.



Hopefully that helps someone out, I've been taking advantage of the great firmware you guys churn out for far too long to not give something back.

And much thanks to everyone involved with bringing Android to the Vogue, new life has been breathed into a phone that I thought was all but dead.

Thank you very much for your advice, it made the transfer of my contacts to my motoroid really easy. Thank you again
8th July 2010, 10:03 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Gilbert, AZ
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thumbs up
im in similar boat, i hmm backed up with pim backup, but mine is binary etc... so i was like oh wait i already flashed my tilt with android... how to get contacts :P

so then i thought wait... how about PC windows mobile simulator from MS :P and thats what im doing lol, then i can easily fallow the steps here or sync it with outlook etc...
19th July 2010, 02:51 AM |#11  
htcfreak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai/Belgaum
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman

A quick search of the site didn't turn up any information on how to get contacts from wm to android if you don't have outlook, so I figured I'd post an easy solution I figured out last night. Should come in handy for a few people at least, now that 'droid on the vogue is starting to come into its own.



All you'll need is PIM Backup, a computer with internet access and a Gmail account.



1. Open PIM Backup on your Windows Mobile device. Select the Backup action and unselect everything but contacts, then hit Next.

2. At the "Select backup filename and folder" screen, unselect the "compress backup" and "binary backup" options, then hit Next.

3. Transfer the BACKUP.PIB file that you just made from your phone to your computer. Change the extension from .PIB to .RAR, then extract the file.

4. The extracted file should be BACKUP.CSC. Simply change the extension to .CSV and import the file to your gmail account. All your contacts can now be imported to your phone through gmail - just follow the instructions given in the phone's contact menu.



Hopefully that helps someone out, I've been taking advantage of the great firmware you guys churn out for far too long to not give something back.

And much thanks to everyone involved with bringing Android to the Vogue, new life has been breathed into a phone that I thought was all but dead.

The best guide..!!!

Thanks..!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes