I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Google Nexus One! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed. You can read more about how to install a CRI on your device in this topic.
- Based on the EPF30 release
- Rooted with Superuser 2.1 by ChainsDD
- Built with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
- Teknologist's Custom Kernel (TCK 0.8). This is based on the official .33 repositories, with only minor tweaks. The ROM is undervolted only for low frequencies in line with Qualcomm's recommendations.
- Rooted boot image with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
- busybox with Droid Explorer support
- terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- HTC Sense Live Wallpapers
- Jbed Java
- OpenVPN binary
- Updated Google Maps
- Coloured trackball notifications and Trackball alert compatible
- HTC_IME to jonasl's v25, based on my Desire leak
- System dalvik-cache moved to /cache partition
- MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
- Optional dropbear (SSH server, username 'root, port 2222, password displayed in 'About' screen)
- Optional A2SD and A2SD+ via the online kitchen
- Optional JIT r2 by gr0gmint via the online kitchen
- Optional baked in Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
- Optional WiFi Status indicator
- De-odexed for you themers out there!
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Ensure you have a custom recovery image installed (see 'requirements' above)
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode (power on with the volume down button held and select 'Recovery')
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
This ROM is now available in an online kitchen! In addition to the kitchen, 3 prebaked downloads are available - a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions, a version with the default set of additions, a version with the default set of additions and A2SD, a version with Chinese input and a version with no optional additions at all.
Included in default additions - Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, WaveSecure, WiFi Status Indicator, Wireless Tether, Wired Tether, Dropbear
Excluded from default additions (install via online kitchen) - Desire Camera, HTC Chinese IME, Development Tools, A2SD, A2SD+, Alternate APN List, JIT, BFS Enabled Kernel, Radio Image
View the download links at MoDaCo
Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.
Do you want to jump into the discussion at the point the current version was released? Then start at this post (MoDaCo) or this post (XDA-Developers)!
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Details on how to support my work should you wish to do so (any contributions are gratefully received) are available on the download page.