take out the batt for 1 min and put it back
take out the sdcard and keep it out
switch on
as soon as u see looking for sdcard hold soft-reset (stylus) and camera
when u see the tricolor boot loader leave the stylus and when it says serial
leave the camera and voila boot loader ready to flash

guanodude

Nov 28, 2007
Mmm... Let's see if and how and how good this works.
If only I could get my usb drivers to work in Vista, because of the resolution-problem...
Work in progress for now thus...
Update: I've now changed the tar-file and reïnstalled it, seems to fix it. Will provide a link tomorrow.

But I don't have internet, though.

Is there any way to remap buttons?

Last edited:

Arkish

Jan 10, 2007
Thanks

Just installed NAND method on 02 Orbit 2, Panel Type 3 - 320.

Running polys 2.1 will now try others.

I had a lot of issues doing an install with a Sandisk 8GB SDHC, but changed it to a 2GB SD card and it worked fine. The 8GB card was corrupted :mad:

Best tip on here: If you are having problems REMOVE the battery for 30 seconds and then reflash.

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
That is weird. I have it on my Sandisk 8GB SDHC card and no problems.

But I made these 2 EXT2 partitions additionally to the standard fat32 Partition.

Haru13

Sep 4, 2009
I've tried the version within the link on the first post and touchscreen doesn't work...furthermore, the screen def looks to be more than 320x240 (altough i've put the 320x240 parameters in the deault.txt)...have you got this problem?

larstnt

Jan 2, 2009
Yes, is a problem with the LCD density in the build.prop, it is 160, and it must be 120 or 110. You must correct this manually. In the first post is the link to how to do this.

I have done this:

1 - Donwload Better Terminal

2 - Follow this instructions:

1. Type 'su', enter.
2. Type 'mount -o remount,rw /system', enter.
3. Type 'vi /system/build.prop'.
4. Scroll down to the build.prop section. Put the cursor where you want to modify.
5. Hit 'i' to go into edit/insert mode.
6. Hit backspace to delete the comment "#" of the line you want..
7. Add a # to the old density line. You can safely use the dpad to move in edit mode.
8. Hit escape (Hold Center Button and type '1'), to leave edit/insert mode.
9. Type ':wq', then enter, to write and quit.
10. Power down (the proper way, hold red button, hit power off....).

Haru13

Sep 4, 2009
Ok...Is it also possible to change it in the defaut.txt? Because i'm not even able to enter in android...I'm stuck on the first step on installation (where we have to press on the green android) the tactile thing doesn't work...

raist1976

May 13, 2008
New Polarythmic build ! FAST !!!

I'm now testing a new build from polarythmic for kaiser (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=600154) and let me tell you that the speed is incredible !! I don't see any difference with Myn's warm donut !!

Well from stock install, there was a difference : the home screen was often reloading due to low memory threshold, but I've adjusted this by taking the values Myn was using on his build (see this post : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5806066&postcount=2156) and I now have the BEST ECLAIR BUILD EVER.

You definitely have to try this ! He even included some settings icons taken from the desire rom :cool:

Best of all, every single f***ing live wallpaper works on our Polaris !!
YES even the one with the couloured dots running on the screen.

Of course don't expect fast live wallpaper like on the nexus, and It seems not to respond to touch, but still, what an improvement !

Last edited:

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
And how get I running it without msm-i2c error? I really want to run android on my polaris.

raist1976

May 13, 2008
I'm now testing a new build from polarythmic for kaiser (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=600154) and let me tell you that the speed is incredible !! I don't see any difference with Myn's warm donut !!

Well from stock install, there was a difference : the home screen was often reloading due to low memory threshold, but I've adjusted this by taking the values Myn was using on his build (see this post : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5806066&postcount=2156) and I now have the BEST ECLAIR BUILD EVER.

You definitely have to try this ! He even included some settings icons taken from the desire rom :cool:

Best of all, every single f***ing live wallpaper works on our Polaris !!
YES even the one with the couloured dots running on the screen.

Of course don't expect fast live wallpaper like on the nexus, and It seems not to respond to touch, but still, what an improvement !

Don't temper with the sysinit.rc like I did. it's way too memory intensive for the polaris... It was better at first but system because close to non responsive.
I'll try to change only the home application setting but polyrythmic suggested to use the spare parts tool for keeping home app in memory (my main concern about this build)

raist1976

May 13, 2008
How are you getting more speed? Installed data to NAND or to an Ext2 partition?

I'm on nand, both data ans system and it's really the fastest eclair I've seen.
I have to use a little more to see if it will be able to replace myn's warm donut until he gets his 2.1 ready, but so far so good (except for the home app that doesn't stay in memory and tempering with sysinit.rc is not an option for now)

peciss

May 6, 2007
Caller can't hear me in outgoing call. - problem with radio?
Is some update with working camera?

ZeGuido

Aug 22, 2008
Toulouse
I give it a try. This Eclair is slightly slower than donut (on SD) but usable with a NAND install. I couldn't install Data on SD so I have everything on NAND.
Wifi works perfectly.
No problem with call or audio.
I couldn't manage to get GPS work (with GPStest, it shows satelittes but cannot give a fix). I downloaded GoogleMaps, and get the same. I remember there was once a different map app to install to get GPS working, but I cannot get reference anymore. If anyone can help, thanks in advance.
Also found this report but I couldn't find the exact widget on the market. Everytime I plug usb, my SD card is unmounted and Android give me a notification of missing SD. If I try to take it ou and in again, it doesn't mount. I have to reboot to get the SD back.
Also reboot or turn off while charging doesn't work correctly (need a reset afterward).
Cool work.

Haru13

Sep 4, 2009
I've succeded in installing polymod 2.1g with nomoroots...Works great (could have 3G, etc...) Thanks!!!!
It bit slow, and i can't dowload from market, i've you got this pb?

I'ven't tried to plug usb cable yet.

Do you know how to sync with outlook?
Is there a way to avoid the sync with google account also? I don't really want google to have my professionnal contact and my timetable...

Thanks for your help!

Thanks again to developper, really nice job!!