- Project Terminated @ Nov 2010. Please redirect to this new ROM release thread.
I have created a personal ROM to optimize the Tattoo's performance, and flashed it successfully into my Tattoo. This ROM, fully based on AOSP, has several features here:
- fully compiled from AOSP-FroYo, _TONS_ of issues hacked.
- lots of kernel tweaks, deadline I/O scheduler and SLOB allocator by default.
- all APKs optimized with OptiPNG and zipalign.
- compcache compiled as module, enabled by default.
- moving /data/dalvik-cache to /cache partition, app2sd no longer needed.
If you want to flash this ROM, do as following:
- flash recovery-RA image first and reboot to recovery.
- [optional]backup any files as you need via recovery.
- download the package, and check out its md5sum.
- adb push _zip_file_name_ to /sdcard, rename it to update.zip. (you can also copy it to /sdcard through various means as you like)
- flash your tattoo, and reboot. Enjoy!
Credits: bool_s(m7 program and tattoo-hack.ko module), mainfram3, Coburn64, moneytoo(patch for market), Amon_RA(recovery image) and other active people in this community.
- Version x.y.z patch will only be applied to Version x.y fyodorROM. For example, v0.3.1 patch is just for v0.3 fyodorROM, you CANNOT apply it to stock ROM or other custom ones.
- [v0.5.3.1 ONLY]If you really love the Sense UI, here is an highly OPTIMIZED package I build. Just apply this patch as flashing update.zip. (Please check md5sum: f803054d8232b0690741afa93fcb2356)
- Input Method for local lang prediction. (HTC_IME only)
Please check here and here. Thanks to vilec and NForce25.
- Froyo can't recognise my sdcard. (complains Blank sdcard or something else)
Froyo doesn't need ext2/3 partition to install apps on sdcard. Format it as a single vfat partition. Don't forget to backup.
- Froyo official apps2sd.
Please check here and here. Thanks to NeXTWay and crazyworlds.
- google apps missing
Because the google apps are always the same, I'll exclude them in my future ROMs(v0.7.2c and later). You can go to mirror.kanged site to get the latest gapps. Or just flash the gapps package from spartm. No duplicated work.
- Enable JIT
pull /system/build.prop and change "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast" to "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit", then push it back and reboot.
- COMPCACHE module is in its experimental stage, use it at you own risk.
- don't forget to backup before flashing.
- FM/Camera not working. (Please DON'T try to start Camera app, which will lead to battery drain.)
- new kernel with camera debug enabled for devs. (hope it helps to fix the camera issue)
- sapphire camera interfaces ported into this new kernel. (mt9t013 driver with AF disabled)
- delete google apps. (any mdpi-gapps packages for Froyo would work. see FAQ)
- compile the Phone app hacked by cytown, replace the stock one with it.
- make VoiceRecorder visible to user.
- fix the LatinIME can't predict, six lang included.
- tweaks on framework and Launcher2 to improve user experience.
- tweaks to save more battery. (2-3 days without gapps)
- disable JIT by default since a bit unstable on arm5vt-compatible devices.
fyodor-froyo-tattoo_v0.7.2c.zip md5: 95de7b1f08f00254144fd5754c354321
v0.6.4.2 Changelog: (re-uploaded, apps2sd fixed. No wipe needed if you flashed my v0.6 series of ROMs before.)
- kernel: apply 'memory barriers, cache flush, TLB invalidation' patch.
- port the optimized bionic libraries from cyanogen git repo, and compile full source tree with them. (bullet speed)
- headset's icon now shows up at the StatusBar while headset plugged in.
- revert Contacts and Phone apps to AOSP version, but the Eclair like UI kept back. (hope to fix the incoming call lag issue)
- build busybox dynamically to reduce the image size.
- fix Phone app force close at the first boot time.
- fix Music app unable to scan FLAC audio type file.
- fix the Landscape layout of Music app.
- fix TE can't execute commands when carriage return key pressed and fix TE number input issue. (thanks to cyanogen)
- isolate Terminal Emulator from dev tools as a single app.
- add 'crond_enabled' option into /etc/superd.conf, disable crond daemon by default.
- replace the brut Maps version with google stock one. (fewer bugs)
fyodor-aosp-tattoo_v0.6.4.2.zip md5: d63e0bfa537efaced70438aeb4031c6a
v0.5.3.1 Changelog: (New complete ROM, not patch. Remember to backup all your files)
- fix renicer script. (Thanks to alexsunmiu)
- fix eclair icons for Album and Clock.
- convert updater-script format to recovery-RA update-script format.
- disable dropbear by default. (Now you should change 'dropbear_enabled' and 'compcache_enabled' options in superd.conf, with which compcache.conf was replaced)
- delete user-space APKs, only astro and maps5 reserved.
- change the default wallpaper.
- other minor bugs I forgot fixed.
fyodor-TattooROM_v0.5.3.1.zip md5: fddf3dc1dc192708ba337f42cfd7d991