Unable to rate threads that already have a rating.

Search This thread

RyanMogul

Retired Recognized Developer
I know this is hard to explain but. When I go to rate a thread that already has an existing rating (no matter what thread it is, if it has a rating I cannot add a rating) it says that I have already rated the thread.. This is for every single thread wether I myself have rated it or not. Threads that do not have a rating yet I have no problem adding a rating. Please fix this bug as it is very annoying. I am no dummie and I know what I am talking about. This is obviously a new site bug.

I have reported the site bug several times this week. I have talked to several other members who are also having the same problem and they reported the bug as well to no resolve. We are not even getting an acknowledgment that the bug exists. Please give it a try and post your findings in here.

Pick any thread that you know you HAVE NOT RATED and that already has an existing rating and try to rate it. It will say "you have already rated this thread"

Now pick a thread that DOES NOT have a rating yet and try to rate it, it will let you no problems.

DaveTheTytnIIGuy

Aug 28, 2008
Sacramento, California
I'm relieved I'm not the only one with this problem, I thought it was just me! Glad the admins will take a look at it, since I'm one of the few who actually rates threads, and it would be nice to rate them again. Thanks to both of you for bringing this issue up

RyanMogul

Retired Recognized Developer
Right. We need to apply a patch to fix it. Hopefully that will happen in the next day or two (we have to take the site down for a few minutes).

A little over a month has gone by since your reply. Still not fixed! This is a big site bug and I am not the only one who thinks that. What good is a rating system if you cannot rate threads that you never rated that already have a rating by others? Bump for attention..

svetius

Retired User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
A little over a month has gone by since your reply. Still not fixed! This is a big site bug and I am not the only one who thinks that. What good is a rating system if you cannot rate threads that you never rated that already have a rating by others? Bump for attention..

You're right! This should have been fixed a long time ago. It's a problem with the latest version of the vB software. We are looking into it now and hope to have it fixed very soon.

Sorry.. I should have done this much sooner.